Shinma

12/13/15. Week 15. Lions at Rams, FOX, 1:05pm.

So, do you think Jim Caldwell believes that yelling at refs is not very Christian and he won't get into Heaven? Can he get on the refs just once? You know it actually does work sometimes. Glorified Coordinator.

Good loss. Lions need to lose every game from here on out.

The fact that they are coached by jim Caldwell as coach almost guarantees that might happen.

So, do you think Jim Caldwell believes that yelling at refs is not very Christian and he won't get into Heaven? Can he get on the refs just once? You know it actually does work sometimes. Glorified Coordinator.

You might throw in something anti Black about Caldwell or anti Muslim about Qadoos to get the bigot award

So the new GM will have greater flexibility with which to move down and acquire more picks.

hahaaha sure

Very nice loss for the Lions. I especially liked how Aaron Donald was out of control all game against our crappy 2nd and 1st round pick interior while Eric Ebron went off for 10 yards on the day

Very nice loss for the Lions. I especially liked how Aaron Donald was out of control all game against our crappy 2nd and 1st round pick interior while Eric Ebron went off for 10 yards on the day

Eric Ebron... Sounds familiar. Where have I heard of him?

I disagree... this was a horrible loss. I know that losses are in the best interest for the Lions right now and I'm saying it's horrible because of the loss, I'm saying that because of the product on the field was just terrrible... just brutal awful.

I can never root for a loss during the game. Afterwards I can accept that a loss is in the best interest, but I at least want to see some positive in the game... something I can point to and say: Hey, that's a good thing, that's something to build on. That shows promise for next year. There was none of that in this game. Not at all.

A nice loss for the Lions, at least in my opinion, looks like this: Either

1.) We play a REALLY good team and look good doing it, but just come up short in the end

-or-

2.) We play a team and look good enough to win, but another colossal screw up by the refs costs us the game... preferably something blatantly obvious and really bad so that the NFL is forced to finally consider replay on blown calls.

I was merely making a snarky comment on picking Donald over Ebron + how bad Swanson/Tomlinson have looked frequently this year :) It was definitely a really bad loss

I was merely making a snarky comment on picking Donald over Ebron + how bad Swanson/Tomlinson have looked frequently this year :) It was definitely a really bad loss

Ah, okay... Sorry. :)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/16/pro-pff-pro-bowl-team/

Darius Slay made PFF's Pro Bowl team. I think we have found our future #1 corner in Slay.

I hate when DBs over celebrate a non-catch by an opposing play, especially when they had little or nothing to do with the non-catch (like a miss thrown ball or a receiver who caught it, but just dropped it not due to a DB knocking it out). Slay is definitely one of these guys, so that side of him as a player I don't like.

But the guy does seem to be developing very nicely as a very good corner, so that's a solid plus.

May be the best 2nd round pick since 2001... and if he continues to develop and doesn't suffer injuries it might be even further back than that.

I just shifted through second round picks for the Lions and didn't hit a bonafide star player until 1992... And yeah... it was a kicker. Jason Hanson.

To be fair, there were some 2nd round picks who were good players, but I don't think you could legitimately call any of 'em a star player until you get to Hanson.

I hate when DBs over celebrate a non-catch by an opposing play, especially when they had little or nothing to do with the non-catch (like a miss thrown ball or a receiver who caught it, but just dropped it not due to a DB knocking it out). Slay is definitely one of these guys, so that side of him as a player I don't like...........

100% agreed. During his whole NFL career, Slay seems to celebrate a lot. The name, "Big Play" Slay has been mostly the opposing teams making a big play against him.

With that said, hopefully, he will continue to improve. It is pretty clear he has been better this second half of the season.