Mr.TaterSalad

2016 NFL Draft Thread

They went from around the 1st pick half way through the season to around 12.

Really weak draft this year. Picks 1-15 could yield the same type of player. Just need to make the right selection.

Really weak draft this year. Picks 1-15 could yield the same type of player. Just need to make the right selection.

I don't see any basis for this being true. Depends on how the QBs grade out I guess.

Going beyond a potential trade of Stafford, I think the Lions need to solidify the LT spot and pick-up a long-term replacement for Ngata at DT. I feel like we'll end up picking somewhere between 11-15 and so I don't think we'll end up picking high enough to get Laremy Tunsil or Ronnie Stanley at LT or Robert Nkemdiche at DT.

Jack Conklin at LT and A'Shawn Robinson at DT are probable candidates in the 11-15 range. Based off of reports and mocks I've been reading through that range might be a slight reach for Conklin, but if he ends up grading out as a strong LT prospect after the combine, I'd probably take him.

Couldn't agree more. But I would toss CB into the mix as well, although the Lions might be able to fill that hole in Free Agency.

Couldn't agree more. But I would toss CB into the mix as well, although the Lions might be able to fill that hole in Free Agency.

Like a few others have said here, I am not so sure the Lions have to draft a CB at this point, given Slay and Diggs' improvements as the season has gone on. Early in the year I would have agreed, but not now. I'd sign a veteran CB and maybe consider a 5th or later at the position. They have more pressing needs than getting a CB now IMO.

Todd McShay: Scouts have serious concerns about Connor Cook off the field

Thanks McShay, way to douse cold water on my Connor Cook will be a good NFL QB belief. Though, I still want to know what these unspecified off the field concerns are that Todd McShay is referencing.

I don't think Cook is a perfect prospect but this is ridiculous. Especially the MVP trophy thing, when the OSU quarterback accepted it the year before he didn't acknowledge Archie Griffin either, just took the trophy, lifted it, and went on to the mic (3 minutes into this

). Cook apologized right after too, I completely understand what happened: he wasn't expecting to get it (he said the thought Scott would get it, so did I after that TD), didn't realize Griffin was even the one giving him the award, and was caught up in the moment trying to make sure he thanked his O-line which he did right away. He even gave the the trophy to the o-line who have it displayed in their film room. Cook is part of the 12 player leadership council even if he wasn't one of the other 3 seniors from the council that were voted official "captains" from those 12. The guy hasn't had any off the field issues that I know of. So silly.

It is silly, but now he is getting a label, which you never want. Johnny Manziel is an example of a guy with character issues, I don't know that Cook is or ever has been, but the media is starting to label him as such anyways.

If you care more about draft stock at this point in the season than meaningless games, today's loss was huge! With New Orleans, Jacksonville and of course St. Louis all winning today we should vault as much as five spaces in draft stock this week. We could potentially be at the #5 or #6 spot in the draft going into New Orleans next week. If we can manage to lose there and get some help from Tennessee, San Francisco and Cleveland, we could potentially be looking at the #1 overall pick. The Browns play at Seattle and Tennessee is at New England so it's unlikely we'll leap frog them yet. San Francisco plays home against the Bengals, and if Dalton is out, that's good news for us as we could potentially leap into the 3rd spot.

Nkemdiche falls 15 feet from window

Ole Miss defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche was reportedly injured when he went through a hotel window in Atlanta on Saturday night.

According to Zach Klein of WSB in Atlanta, Nkemdiche was in stable condition at the hospital and was conscious when found by police. He also fell 15 feet, per police.

Police details on Robert Nkemdiche incident:

At approximately 2318 hours, Zone Two units responded to a person injured call where a male had fallen from a hotel room window. Upon arrival, the victim was conscious and breathing. He was transported to Grady Memorial and was in stable condition. Inside the hotel room, units located a small amount of suspected marijuana. The window was also broken out. It appears that the victim broke the window and then walked approximately 15 feet and climbed over a wall and fell approximately 15 feet. GI Squad and the Narcotics Unit responded to the scene along with the Crime Scene Unit.

I have a feeling that this will not help this dude's draft stock.

Like a few others have said here, I am not so sure the Lions have to draft a CB at this point, given Slay and Diggs' improvements as the season has gone on. Early in the year I would have agreed, but not now. I'd sign a veteran CB and maybe consider a 5th or later at the position. They have more pressing needs than getting a CB now IMO.

i am not sold with Diggs, they also have very little Depth. I think CB is still a pretty big need. I do think it can be filled by a reliable veteran though.

My real rough and dirty calculations... the worst we can do it 18th pick right now. That's if we win all our remaining games and any team that's lower than 8 wins loses all theirs.

There are 21 teams lower than 8 wins right now. But subtract 1 because it's the Lions. Then we have 20. Subtract two because someone has to win the AFC south and NFC east, which puts them in the playoffs meaning they pick after the non-playoff teams (right?).

I'm sure we can eliminate a few more boardline teams if I bothered to do the math and figure out who plays who and therefore has to at least tie here and there, but I'm too lazy to do that right now. I think the Lions could easily win or lose the remaining 3 games.

With our schedule we likely win at least one if not two Imo. Guessing we pick 8-12. Should be a nice slot

I dunno... This is the Lions of course, so one never knows anything, but honestly if they play like they played in St.L... I don't care how bad the other teams are, that was awful. They could easily lose all three.

I dunno... This is the Lions of course, so one never knows anything, but honestly if they play like they played in St.L... I don't care how bad the other teams are, that was awful. They could easily lose all three.

We still have a legit shot at #1 over all... but it would take some help. There are three teams (THREE! believe it or not) with a worse record than the Lions... all at 3-10. So it would take all of them winning at least one or two games and the Lions losing out plus probably some help from a few of the other 4-10 teams.

Of course

Line help. Offensive or defensive. Either one will do.

Just, probably not Robert Nkemdiche at this point. If we end up in the top 5 and stay put, we will quite possibly have our pick of Joey Bosa, A'Shawn Robinson, Ronnie Stanley or Larimy Tunsil.