Shinma

12/3/15. Packers at Lions. Week 13, NFL/CBS. 8:25pm.

Yeah, the face mask call was bogus, but look at how needless it was to even get close to the helmet. 2 guys on Rodgers and one sloppily swipes at him as he runs past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBgptnhP9E

Meh, no buts. Lions won and GB got a free play for no reason. Nobody wants to call it what it is b/c it's the Lions. In any rational sysyem, this goes down as a good Lions win and nobody says a thing.

There needs to be a system in place to prevent calls like that but I don't think the NFL or fans care all that much.

The Lions organization has no idea how to win. This stuff doesnt keep happening by coincidence. Losers, one and all.

HEY BROWNS ! That loss last week was cute......now watch THIS!

I went to bed and it was 20-0 (early day today, back has been killing me). I woke up and checked the score and started my Friday with laughter. Oh Lions, you are epic. You never fail to disappoint. And you can stop crying about the refs - you had 'em 20-0.

Backwards down the field

A bumbling team that will not yield

And when the Blue and Silver wave.

Stand and jeer the lame.

(blah, blah, blah)

Fall down, lose the game.

And with no honor and all shame.

Stand around, complain.

More Lions misery.

(Flush).

There was no chance of making the playoffs. This lose is a damn blessing. Caldwell and white have been salivating to retain their jobs. Caldwell administered a strong dose of incompetence tonight. Martha is wise to it. Complete surrender from the coaching staff down the stretch. The play was wild, but shouldn't have come to that.

Had to one up the Browns. It was the obvious outcome.

Exactly. This embarrassing finish combined with the fact that they now have about a .07% chance of making the playoffs, should put to rest any chance of Sheldon White returning. I know a lot of people here thought it was never going to happen. I believed that the closer the Lions came to running the table against a bunch of bad teams down the stretch, more likely White was to return. This has to wipe today idea away in Sheila and Martha's minds, has to!

Oh, and Lions fans...............Sheldon White and Jim Caldwell will be back next year. A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

And eventually you and everyone you love will die. The universe will end, and all life as we know it will be consumed. Merry Christmas!

Oh, and Lions fans...............Sheldon White and Jim Caldwell will be back next year. A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

After last night's trash, the odds are now:

White comes back next season: .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

Caldwell comes back next season: .0000000000000000000001

Did we just see something historic?

:alien:

Elias Research tweeted that at 61 yards this was the longest ever game-ending game-winning Hail Mary pass.

I don't know why Calvin wasn't in on the final play. But other than that I really can't fault Caldwell too much. I thought he should've went for the gusto earlier in the game when it was 4th and 1 in GB territory and we kicked the FG. I believe that made it 20-0, I thought we should've went for it cause 17 and 20 was 3 possessions anyway but I certainly can't fault him for that. But aside from that and not having Calvin for defense I don't think he made any questionable calls.

I still want to find a replay though of that facemask call cause I could've swore that there was illegal blocking downfield, I also thought Rodgers stepped out of bounds before he made that final reception which would've been an illegal touch. But I may have mistook him for somebody else.

Elias Research tweeted that at 61 yards this was the longest ever game-ending game-winning Hail Mary pass.

And it happened to the Lions. Given their terrible history, it is only fitting.

I don't know why Calvin wasn't in on the final play. But other than that I really can't fault Caldwell too much.....

In his press conference, he claimed that he didn't expect the Hail Mary pass. That alone should get him fired.

Caldwell is terrible at adjustments. Having a 20-0 lead and losing it is pathetic. I long for the day the Lions actually hit a home run with their head coach hire.

Given how the NFL refs have looked this season, I wonder if they will make penalty calls reviewable next season. For example, everything is reviewable under 2 minutes or 5 minutes, etc?

Edited by nd1377

It's all set up perfectly. The Packers will score a touchdown the Lions will commit a bunch of penalties and a turnover. Then the Packers will kick a field goal and go home victorious. Same old lions. Bet on that

It's as if I've seen this movie before.......

I'm telling you Richard Rodgers illegally touched that ball. I know he was out of bounds. Here's a screenshot I found on twitter highlighting other players. But look at the top left corner of the screen. Look at the angle Rodgers is taking. There is no way that he wasn't out of bounds, just look at how he is turning diagonally from the sideline. You don't do that unless you are coming from out of bounds.

CVYSudfUEAAzydG.jpg:large

I'm telling you Richard Rodgers illegally touched that ball. I know he was out of bounds. Here's a screenshot I found on twitter highlighting other players. But look at the top left corner of the screen. Look at the angle Rodgers is taking. There is no way that he wasn't out of bounds, just look at how he is turning diagonally from the sideline. You don't do that unless you are coming from out of bounds.

He has no reason to be out of bounds. I think you're grasping at straws.

He has no reason to be out of bounds. I think you're grasping at straws.

He has no reason to be a yard from the sideline either. He came from out of bounds. I thought that when I watched the original replay, and seeing more screen shots it only makes me think that more. The angle he took to catch that ball screams that he came from out of bounds.

On the face mask play, there was absolutely no reason to even have your hands anywhere near Rogers head. Unless I saw it wrong, Rogers had no one left behind him to lateral it to and two defenders ready to tackle him. That's the biggest screw up to me.

The penalty should not have been called when you see the replay, but those types of thing happen when you are trying to tackle a guy high and you make contact with his head. It was a bad call but I don't fault the officials for calling it live.

Pause at 6 seconds of this video. That is clearly a block in the back by NFL rules definition. "When an offensive player blocks a defender from behind, an illegal block in the back occurs. A ten yard penalty is assessed. There is a gray area with these blocks, because some blocks from the side also are called. Typically, if a player blocks another player outside of the front shoulder pads, it is possible for an illegal block in the back to be called." He obviously hits him from behind. Yet it isn't called. Basically my point of bitching is that they can call a ticky tack face mask call because "that's the rules" yet they don't follow up on the other rules.

LMAO...now THAT was SOL.

I turned it off right before this play...at least I think I did...there were 10 seconds left when I turned it off to go to sleep. Did not see that we lost until this morning.

On the face mask play, there was absolutely no reason to even have your hands anywhere near Rogers head. Unless I saw it wrong, Rogers had no one left behind him to lateral it to and two defenders ready to tackle him. That's the biggest screw up to me.

The penalty should not have been called when you see the replay, but those types of thing happen when you are trying to tackle a guy high and you make contact with his head. It was a bad call but I don't fault the officials for calling it live.

100% correct. Rodgers was dead no matter what. No one was left behind him.

On the bright side, as everyone already knows, the Lions draft positioning improves with every loss and the chances of Caldwell NOT coming back improves with every loss.

On the face mask play, pause at 2 seconds. Watch Ngata get mangled and held. No call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBgptnhP9E

Again, I know they miss calls on both sides all the time. But if you're going to call a ticky tack penalty on the last play of the game than call all the other obvious penalties that were involved in the plays.

Speaking of Ngata, it will be interesting to see if a new GM wants him back. I think he has been pretty good since he has been healthy.

Speaking of Ngata, it will be interesting to see if a new GM wants him back. I think he has been pretty good since he has been healthy.

With all the cap space we are going to have, a one year deal to bring him back seems reasonable given his performance as of late.

I have to wonder if the situations were reversed and Stafford were taken down at the end of the game, would that flag have still been thrown as it was for Rodgers?