Shinma

12/3/15. Packers at Lions. Week 13, NFL/CBS. 8:25pm.

........Caldwell and white have been salivating to retain their jobs.......

After this trash, they should be fired right now. Austin would be interim coach and Accorsi would be interim GM.

Has any team ever been leading when regulation expired yet still lost the game even tho no OT was played?

Did we just see something historic?

:alien:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a perfect Lions way to lose! That was amazing.

Just when you thought they were out of creative losses. ..

They gave up a 20pt lead at home. Be more upset about that. Should never have been in that position.

I'm not upset about anything from this game, it's just tough watching the NFL in general. There have been some ridiculously bad referees this season throughout the league.

Wide open in the end zone on a 70 yard Hail Mary heave. I don't know how else to explain that, other than it was the Lions.

Calvin needed to be in the end zone. No one on the Packers is going to out leap Calvin. Even Ebron. He doesn't need to catch it.

Has any team ever been leading when regulation expired yet still lost the game even tho no OT was played?

The Lions did this to the Browns. IIRC it was Stafford's rookie year and he injured his shoulder.

I wondered that too. Penalties are never called at the end of the game. Especially on phantom calls. So, couldn't happen often.

In my head, the Lions actually won so I don't care. They weren't making the playoffs anyway.

Does this loss convince anyone that might have been even remotely thinking about getting on the bandwagon that this team will never do anything different than look promising at times and then make you look stupid for believing? Every 97.1 host not on the radio from 2-6...

Edited by Firehawk734

I'm not upset about anything from this game, it's just tough watching the NFL in general. There have been some ridiculously bad referees this season throughout the league.

The bloated rule book and incompetent, hair-trigger referees are making a great game harder and harder to watch.

Sure. But they didn't lose because of the refs. They lost because they blew their diaper. Again! Its hilarious

I would think it is relatively common (i.e, 1 or 2 times per year) where a team down by 2 throws an incomplete pass on the final play of a regulation but a penalty gives them a chance for a do-over FG attempt. Or offsides on a missed last - second FG attempt.

The Lions did this to the Browns. IIRC it was Stafford's rookie year and he injured his shoulder.

I thought there was still time on the clock. I know Stafford came back into the game for the 2 point conversion after he injured his shoulder.

Sure. But they didn't lose because of the refs. They lost because they blew their diaper. Again! Its hilarious

Sure, I don't care. They were 4-7 going into the game. I'm just saying the NFL as a whole is a crappy league that's usually not very fun to watch. They should probably do something to fix that. The NBA and NHL made rule changes to improve the game, the NFL seems content to let the quality of play become more and more garbage

Does this loss convince anyone that might have been even remotely thinking although getting on the bandwagon that this team will never do anything different than look promising at times and then make you look stupid for believing?

It is easy for me to say as I'm a Packers fan, but I grew up in Michigan and have probably watched more Lions games than Packers games growing up. I feel that the Packers were outplayed and should have lost that game. If not for the last 10 seconds of the game, they would have won... and based on my FB feed, my Packers fan friends are enjoying this one more than myself

Edited by mtutiger

I thought there was still time on the clock. I know Stafford came back into the game for the 2 point conversion after he injured his shoulder.

It wasn't a two point conversation. He threw a hail mary and a penalty was called. They were give one play from the 1 yard line since the penalty was in the end zone and they scored.

Edited by Motown Bombers

It wasn't a two point conversation. He threw a hail mary and a penalty was called. They were give one play from the 1 yard line since the penalty was in the end zone and they scored.

You are correct. I was totally wrong. I must be thinking of some other game.

BRhVpjM9z9A

Is this a wilder ending than the Michigan - MSU game?

I've never seen an ending as unlikely as that one with a return of a punter's fumble to end the game. The Miracle in the Meadowlands in '78 is the only finish to rival that one IMO although I wasn't around to see that one.

I can't think of many games where a team wins the game only to have the game prolonged on a bad call and then a Hail Mary is converted.

Maybe once in a lifetime.

I was at the game..... Told my brother We lost 100% - And the Stadium Shook when he caught the ball..

Oh well....

Was Calvin Johnson out there on the Hail Mary attempt? I can't believe the Lions didn't have someone in front of that mess