hail2mich

GDT: #8 Ohio State at #10 Michigan 11/28/2015

I have a problem with Barret the drunk driver playing the entire last half of the season despite driving drunk and trying to run over innocent children and women. Urban Meyer should be ashamed of himself for putting winning games over innocent people's lives.

Not sure where you got your information, but you are dead wrong.

Im a Michigan State fan... But Ohio State isn't trending down lmao. They annihilated your trending up team today on your field. And you come on here and rant and rave about how Michigan is getting better and Ohio State is going down? Because they lost to another elite program on a last second kick! Jesus man. I know you're angry but step away from the keyboard for a second and think about what you're saying. Ohio State won the national championship last year. Meyer has lost 1 regular season conference game! And they're going down because of 1 game decided by a last second kick to another elite team?!?!?!? And somehow they're "measuring themselves against terrible Michigan coaches." Lmao. Carr couldn't beat them at the end either. They've owned you. Your demise is independent of their success. They just got done winning a national title.

Michigan is definitely on the rise. But this team was ready to compete this year. Their depth chart is LOADED with juniors and seniors. And that transfer QB? Senior. Played at Iowa. Don't plead poverty here. Your team was going to contend this season before Harbaugh showed up. The schedule was more favorable than MSU's. You got both State and OSU at home. You can discuss the fumbled snap all you want, but what about those road wins against Minnesota and Indiana? Both could've easily been losses if you want to play the ifs and buts game.

Troof.

I don't get why people are so obsessed with Harbaugh. What has he won, like ever?

That's the same question I ask about UM fans' obsession with Bo Schembechler. You'd think for a head coach as revered as him he would've managed to win at lease one title and do better than 2-8 in Rose Bowl appearances.

To be a Michigan football fan: hang on to fake integrity because it's literally all you have.

Ha, ha. I love Ohio State fans talking about integrity.

I'm not sure how any rational person could explain how going from a national championship to finishing second in your division (i.e., not even winning your conference championship) is anything but trending down. This is a also a team that didn't show up at all against MSU and almost got beat by Indiana. You want to say that they lost on a 'last second field goal' at MSU. Fine. The reality is they inexplicably got beat by MSU's second and third string QBs. But you can't then turn around and ignore the fact that OSU also almost lost but for a last second play at Indiana. You can't have it both ways.

OSU is a team that went 11-1 with the third toughest SOS in the big ten (not nationally). None of the big ten teams are any better than #28 on the strength of schedule list. As far as big ten teams, Michigan had the second best SOS behind MSU. OSU was a few notches below Michigan and Iowa was much further down the list. However, aside from the respective patsies they scheduled, Michigan and OSU played essentially the same teams, give or take. Michigan shut out a 9-3 non conference team and a 10-2 big ten team. OSU shut out Hawaii (3-10). As far as MSU goes, they spent the year sleepwalking against teams like Rutgers and Purdue, winning unconvincingly. So they can whine all they want about not getting any national attention, but people do pay attention to that stuff nationally. If they win the big ten championship they'll be in by default, but that's a game that still needs to be played. And no matter who wins the Big ten championship, that team is virtually guaranteed to be the weakest of the final four in terms of SOS. So the bottom line is, to say Michigan is the only one who had an "easy schedule" is pure bunk, because the numbers don't support it.

And yes, I do blame the referees for making sure that Michigan's defense was on the field more than it should have been. The BS call on the punter and the almost dozen missed holding calls do have an impact on a team. I'm sure OSU and MSU fans would be the first to point that out if they had been jobbed by the officials. Additionally, OSU has had years of stacking talent against Michigan. Jim Harbaugh had 12 months with players that largely didn't understand what hard work was. And he finished 2 wins less than OSU in his first season with essentially 3 nationally respected players in terms of elite talent. Not too bad. And that senior transfer QB had mere months to learn a new system. He went from a nothing to someone who may actually get some draft consideration now. Query whether Jim Harbaugh had anything to do with that?

I think the the real issue here is that you have some OSU and MSU fans who aren't all that happy about a rebounding Michigan program in their division. They've pretty much had their way in terms of recruiting against Brady Joke, and that time is coming to an end. Frankly, I wouldn't want to recruit against Harbaugh either.

Michigan had a horrible, horrible 2nd half. After a good season of 11.5 games. Losing to a rival is supposed to hurt, and if that comes with a coach going for it on 4th down late, opposing fans gloating on message boards and visiting fans taking over the stadiums a the clock winds down, so be it, it comes with the territory. I don't think MSU and OSU fans have anything to fear with the arrival of Harbaugh, especially when they hear Michigan fans say the process will take 3-5 years. So what, one tougher game on their schedule now and then? It is not like even an improved Michigan team under Harbaugh is going to be head and shoulders above non-conference opponents both OSU and MSU have defeated the past couple of years. OSU is a top 5 national program and Michigan St should be a playoff team this season, neither needs to be worried about lack of a recruiting sales pitch.

Edited by lordstanley

Ha, ha. I love Ohio State fans talking about integrity.

I wasn't...the UM fan was pounding his chest about Michigan faux integrity and I was saying it's all Michigan fans think they have.

Edited by RedTeamGo!

We missed some opportunities early in the game, but this was what Indiana was always pointing to. No Glasgow (or Mone) let's them power and tire out the DLine which lets them exploit the LBs. On the bright side, this shouldn't this exploitable next year as depth/talent should only get better on the Dline, assuming no mass injuries

Nothing left to do today but root for MSU.

Or Ojemudia. The DLine should be fine next season. It will return most everyone plus have 3 **** committed and DT Rashan Gary (*****) is projected by most to be a Michigan commit. Now if they could replace Kalis on the OL...

I'm not sure how any rational person could explain how going from a national championship to finishing second in your division (i.e., not even winning your conference championship) is anything but trending down. This is a also a team that didn't show up at all against MSU and almost got beat by Indiana. You want to say that they lost on a 'last second field goal' at MSU. Fine. The reality is they inexplicably got beat by MSU's second and third string QBs. But you can't then turn around and ignore the fact that OSU also almost lost but for a last second play at Indiana. You can't have it both ways.

OSU is a team that went 11-1 with the third toughest SOS in the big ten (not nationally). None of the big ten teams are any better than #28 on the strength of schedule list. As far as big ten teams, Michigan had the second best SOS behind MSU. OSU was a few notches below Michigan and Iowa was much further down the list. However, aside from the respective patsies they scheduled, Michigan and OSU played essentially the same teams, give or take. Michigan shut out a 9-3 non conference team and a 10-2 big ten team. OSU shut out Hawaii (3-10). As far as MSU goes, they spent the year sleepwalking against teams like Rutgers and Purdue, winning unconvincingly. So they can whine all they want about not getting any national attention, but people do pay attention to that stuff nationally. If they win the big ten championship they'll be in by default, but that's a game that still needs to be played. And no matter who wins the Big ten championship, that team is virtually guaranteed to be the weakest of the final four in terms of SOS. So the bottom line is, to say Michigan is the only one who had an "easy schedule" is pure bunk, because the numbers don't support it.

And yes, I do blame the referees for making sure that Michigan's defense was on the field more than it should have been. The BS call on the punter and the almost dozen missed holding calls do have an impact on a team. I'm sure OSU and MSU fans would be the first to point that out if they had been jobbed by the officials. Additionally, OSU has had years of stacking talent against Michigan. Jim Harbaugh had 12 months with players that largely didn't understand what hard work was. And he finished 2 wins less than OSU in his first season with essentially 3 nationally respected players in terms of elite talent. Not too bad. And that senior transfer QB had mere months to learn a new system. He went from a nothing to someone who may actually get some draft consideration now. Query whether Jim Harbaugh had anything to do with that?

I think the the real issue here is that you have some OSU and MSU fans who aren't all that happy about a rebounding Michigan program in their division. They've pretty much had their way in terms of recruiting against Brady Joke, and that time is coming to an end. Frankly, I wouldn't want to recruit against Harbaugh either.

What are you referring to in terms of recruiting? Hoke had 3 full seasons of recruiting and finished 6, 8 and 19 nationally. (247 Ranking.) State never finished higher. They paid for the coaching change this year and finished 37. State was at 22, but Michigan still got more ****. Michigan is sitting at 7 right now for 2016 with some good leans on the board.

Michigan was not as down as you make it sound. Ohio State is a good team, they may get hurt a bit next year by graduation and early departures but they are in a talent rich state that gives them an advantage to go with their national profile. State will be hurt most by a rising Michigan. Any in-state recruiting advantage they may have earned will be challenged and they don't have Michigan's national recruiting chops.

Michigan had a horrible, horrible 2nd half. After a good season of 11.5 games. Losing to a rival is supposed to hurt, and if that comes with a coach going for it on 4th down late, opposing fans gloating on message boards and visiting fans taking over the stadiums a the clock winds down, so be it, it comes with the territory. I don't think MSU and OSU fans have anything to fear with the arrival of Harbaugh, especially when they hear Michigan fans say the process will take 3-5 years. So what, one tougher game on their schedule now and then? It is not like even an improved Michigan team under Harbaugh is going to be head and shoulders above non-conference opponents both OSU and MSU have defeated the past couple of years. OSU is a top 5 national program and Michigan St should be a playoff team this season, neither needs to be worried about lack of a recruiting sales pitch.

Don't be so sure about that statement. For starters, neither OSU or MSU played anyone on the non conference schedule this year who had a better record than Michigan. MSU's toughest non conference opponents were 9-3. OSU didn't play anyone in non conference play with more than 8 wins. MSU & OSU have Michigan and Penn State in their division- both improving programs. This is not going to be an easy division going forward.

Currently, I'm not sure how anyone can claim they are a top five national program when they have the 28th, 35th or 60th best strength of schedule like MSU, OSU and Iowa do. And how Ohio state can claim they are even close to the national discussion when the only seriously ranked team they beat is Michigan (in the second half against a depleted defense with the help of the officials) is beyond me. What we have here is a bunch of big ten schools thinking they are better than they are. I'll include Michigan in that for now- they aren't a great 9-3 team by any stretch. They lack depth and don't have many play makers. But based on where they were under Hoke, it's a major accomplishment. In my view, there are certainly plenty of 2 loss (and a few 3 loss) teams in this country that should get consideration as a top national program over anyone in the big ten, simply because they play tougher competition.

As for the integrity issue....I'm not sure how any OSU fan can believe their school has any credibility in that regard whatsoever.

Don't be so sure about that statement. For starters, neither OSU or MSU played anyone on the non conference schedule this year who had a better record than Michigan. MSU's toughest non conference opponents were 9-3. OSU didn't play anyone in non conference play with more than 8 wins. MSU & OSU have Michigan and Penn State in their division- both improving programs. This is not going to be an easy division going forward.

Currently, I'm not sure how anyone can claim they are a top five national program when they have the 28th, 35th or 60th best strength of schedule like MSU, OSU and Iowa do. And how Ohio state can claim they are even close to the national discussion when the only seriously ranked team they beat is Michigan (in the second half against a depleted defense with the help of the officials) is beyond me. What we have here is a bunch of big ten schools thinking they are better than they are. I'll include Michigan in that for now- they aren't a great 9-3 team by any stretch. They lack depth and don't have many play makers. But based on where they were under Hoke, it's a major accomplishment. In my view, there are certainly plenty of 2 loss (and a few 3 loss) teams in this country that should get consideration as a top national program over anyone in the big ten, simply because they play tougher competition.

As for the integrity issue....I'm not sure how any OSU fan can believe their school has any credibility in that regard whatsoever.

Ohio State is a top 5 program because they are the reigning national champion and have the #1 or #2 recruiting class going into next year. You are incredibly delusional.

What are you referring to in terms of recruiting? Hoke had 3 full seasons of recruiting and finished 6, 8 and 19 nationally. (247 Ranking.) State never finished higher. They paid for the coaching change this year and finished 37. State was at 22, but Michigan still got more ****. Michigan is sitting at 7 right now for 2016 with some good leans on the board.

Michigan was not as down as you make it sound. Ohio State is a good team, they may get hurt a bit next year by graduation and early departures but they are in a talent rich state that gives them an advantage to go with their national profile. State will be hurt most by a rising Michigan. Any in-state recruiting advantage they may have earned will be challenged and they don't have Michigan's national recruiting chops.

Tell me that if you combined Michigan and OSU's rosters right now and had to take 20-30 players in a draft, you'd honestly take more than 6-8 from Michigan's roster. That's what I mean.

Ohio State is a top 5 program because they are the reigning national champion and have the #1 or #2 recruiting class going into next year. You are incredibly delusional.

And they still haven't won a game against a top flight program (other than Michigan which is not exactly top flight but at least ranked).....next.....

Ohio finished 2nd in their Division which was good for 3rd place in the Big 10.

Barrett is a pretty good player who should be back.

Not quite as good a talent as Michigan's Peppers but he should be the second best player in the Big 10 next year.

Without Elliot at RB the Buckeyes have to hope Weber can fill the void.

Also OSU is losing the best player in the nation in the stud Bosa.

Yes Michigan will be losing the 5 year starter in Rudock.

So they may tread water next year.

But keep in mind the Spartans also are losing their big man Connor Cook and WR Burrbridge.

I'm counting MSU's win over Baylor last year and Ohio State's wins over Alabama and Oregon last year. I'm just saying that for programs with national title aspirations, having teams like Michigan 2017-2018 on the schedule will be seen as a tough challenge that all champs need to face and overcome, not something that will have them trembling.

Ohio finished 2nd in their Division which was good for 3rd place in the Big 10.

Barrett is a pretty good player who should be back.

Not quite as good a talent as Michigan's Peppers but he should be the second best player in the Big 10 next year.

Without Elliot at RB the Buckeyes have to hope Weber can fill the void.

Also OSU is losing the best player in the nation in the stud Bosa.

Yes Michigan will be losing the 5 year starter in Rudock.

So they may tread water next year.

But keep in mind the Spartans also are losing their big man Connor Cook and WR Burrbridge.

Peppers is so overrated. He's good, but Michigan fans are acting like he is Charles Woodson or Chris Gamble.

Weber won't be starting RB. It will probably be Samuel. If Barrett comes back he will be best offensive player in the B1G and Raekwon McMillian will be one of the best defensive players.

I don't get why people are so obsessed with Harbaugh. What has he won, like ever?

From his wiki page:

(University of San Diego) the team improved to 11–1 and won the 2005 Pioneer Football League championship. In 2006, USD again went 11–1 winning their second consecutive Pioneer League title in the process.
2011 and 2012 NFC West titles.
2012 NFC champs

Tell me that if you combined Michigan and OSU's rosters right now and had to take 20-30 players in a draft, you'd honestly take more than 6-8 from Michigan's roster. That's what I mean.

I am talking about Michigan State. I don't know that much about Ohio State's roster except they load up every year while Michigan is cycling through two coaching changes.

Edited to add that Michigan has two top ten ranked classes on their current roster. That's not a bad amount of talent.

Edited by Truth

Peppers is so overrated. He's good, but Michigan fans are acting like he is Charles Woodson or Chris Gamble.

Weber won't be starting RB. It will probably be Samuel. If Barrett comes back he will be best offensive player in the B1G and Raekwon McMillian will be one of the best defensive players.

Peppers is in effect a freshman since he was injured last year. We will see how he does in his career but you don't play defense, return kicks (for most of the year), punts and play 3 different positions on offense without being pretty talented.

I think it may take a couple years but Michigan will be able to compete with OSU at that point. The real wild card is who leaves first Harbaugh or Meyer. For all the talk about Harbaugh to the Colts, Meyer has expressed some level of interest in moving to the NFL. Urban always responds, "not right now", when asked about the NFL. I think if the NFL came calling Meyer would take off.

Ohio State just played the exact same game as Indiana, with nearly identical results. It's very depressing from the Michigan end that they couldn't adapt, but congrats to Ohio State on having an offense that was as effective as Indiana. I suppose that was impossible to see coming.

Michigan came into the game with 0 depth on the D-Line and imo a really weak linebacker corps. You trap the d-line on the field all game at tempo, and force someone like Joe Bolden to make tackles in space, and they're going to give up 200, 300, 400 yards of rushing depending on the # of plays in the game. If you just line up slowly and run right at them, you die.

Michigan is fortunate that none of the other teams on the schedule figured this out, but Urban Meyer is a great coach with the talent to take advantage of it. Next year Michigan will have Mone and Glasgow back as well as likely the best DT/DE recruit from this season. I suspect that will make a difference. The Linebackers are still a question mark, but I think Gedeon is already better than Morgan and I doubt anyone is worse than Bolden. Hopefully they spend the offseason figuring out how to depend against tempo and zone running.

Obviously the Ohio State guy is trolling, but yes, the coach who turned around a garbage college program and then went to 3 NFC title games in the NFL has never won anything. I'm sure Michigan winning 4 more games this year was just a coincidence caused by Brady 'secretly a great coach lol' Hoke's amazing recruiting. The amazing recruiting that left Michigan with no QB, no RB, a garbage O-Line, garbage linebackers, and zero depth at any position. But hey, winning 9 games with that just isn't impressive at all. I guess Michigan will be back to 5-7 next year (when they return almost everyone of value while MSU and OSU lose a ton of guys) and will probably never win again.

Yes, MSU and OSU have dominated the rivalry for a decade. That's what happens when you strike out on 2 coaching hires in a row. Ohio State had 1 bad year in that decade, and it was shockingly when they had a crappy coach. Fortunately for them, Urban Meyer faked a heart attack to get out of the mess he created at Florida and Ohio State lucked into hiring him. Well, breaking news, Michigan just got that same stroke of good fortune when the 49ers idiotically pushed Harbaugh out. I am 100% confident that Michigan is going to crush State next year, and while I definitely do not expect a road win vs OSU, I would guarantee that the game will be far more competitive than this one, and a win would not shock me at all.

People went into this year hoping Michigan could go 7-5 or 8-4 and fully expecting a blowout loss to OSU, then they picked on some trash can programs like Penn State and Rutgers and suddenly expectations were raised. In a realistic world, it was a great season with only one bad game in it. Michigan easily could have finished with 1 loss had the punter fallen on the ball, and end of season Jake Rudock showed up vs Utah. That's a whole lot better than I expected them to be. Losing to Ohio State sucks, but I'll take a loss where it actually hurts because you feel like your team could be competitive as opposed to 6 of the last 7 years where the game had no drama and the only question was whether Ohio State would somehow blow it in hilarious fashion to a vastly inferior team.

He also had his scholarship taken away for a semester and, you know, the whole punishment by the law part of it.

People act like college students get kicked out of school for getting an OVI.

I was mostly laughing at ingefanclubs way overdramatic post. Women, children, death and destruction.

Also this isn't true at all. His scholarship was never taken away, just the extra 'aid' he gets from being an athlete. And it was over the useless summer semester, and what's this? Urban Meyer pointed out that he could 'earn' it back, which I'm sure he already has.

Not to say that he deserved anything more than that, but the dude was drunk as hell and tried big timing the cop by telling him he was the QB at Ohio State so he wouldn't get punished. And he was right.

I think it may take a couple years but Michigan will be able to compete with OSU at that point. The real wild card is who leaves first Harbaugh or Meyer. For all the talk about Harbaugh to the Colts, Meyer has expressed some level of interest in moving to the NFL. Urban always responds, "not right now", when asked about the NFL. I think if the NFL came calling Meyer would take off.

I don't think Urban would be successful in the NFL and I don't think Harbaugh is going anywhere. At a minimum, he will get the ship right in Ann Arbor while his replacement develops. Having said that, Michigan's failure to make any defensive adjustment the second half is mind boggling to me. Ohio State loses a lot to early entries and graduation. They have plenty of talent to reload but experience counts for something too. Michigan will be better next year. Harbaugh won't be humiliated again.

I think people are being too hard on Michigan based off of this recent game. OSU is clearly better right now and are an elite program. Michigan is not at that level.

But they are still pretty good. And they are in good shape going forward.

MSU had a good season, and they have a good program, just as good as Michigan, but not at the level of OSU. They should have lost to Michigan.

I think OSU is the clear favorite next year, with Michigan and MSU battling for second.

I don't think Urban would be successful in the NFL and I don't think Harbaugh is going anywhere. At a minimum, he will get the ship right in Ann Arbor while his replacement develops. Having said that, Michigan's failure to make any defensive adjustment the second half is mind boggling to me. Ohio State loses a lot to early entries and graduation. They have plenty of talent to reload but experience counts for something too. Michigan will be better next year. Harbaugh won't be humiliated again.

Maybe they simply lacked the personnel / talent for such an adjustment to be effective or even noticeable.