Shinma

Happy Thanksgiving! Eagles at Lions, week 12. 12:30pm, FOX.

"Not sure why you'd want to show your face on TV today"

Troy Aikman after Aguilar gets hit with a 15 yard penalty for taking his helmet off.

That started last week, at least on the radio. Itll be worse now.

TBH, they have played a more disciplined, less stupidity filled brand of ball under Caldwell. The Lombardi experiment absolutely is not in his favor, but players not being good enough to execute what they are trying to execute still is more a front office issue to me than players or the head coach just screwing up. Much like the constant carping about Stafford, QBs and Coaches get the press, but I don't think Caldwell or Stafford are among the Lion's bigger problems.

To me that was the 2011 Lions offense. Except for the short passing game to the RBs.

I will not get on the Caldwell bandwagon. He couldn't recognize that Lombardis off was crap.

Caldwell's failure to recognize Lombardi's ineptitude until the season was lost will also keep me from jumping on his bandwagon.

I really wish the Lions would have lucked into at least 3 wins in their first 8 games because then they would have a chance at the playoffs.

Philly is garbage and Kelly should be fired ASAP.

Next weeks game against GB on Thursday night should be their toughest game left.

Caldwell's failure to recognize Lombardi's ineptitude until the season was lost will also keep me from jumping on his bandwagon.

100% agreed. Caldwell was too stubborn? to see that Lombardi was terrible. He should have been gone a lot sooner.

In case you missed it, this is the main reason the Lions season has kind of turned around:

Martha Firestone Speech to Team

.....Four days after she fired general manager Martin Mayhew and president Tom Lewand, Ford addressed players at their 2 p.m. meeting.

"We respect that, as far as her willing to come in and talk to us, you know?" veteran offensive lineman Manny Ramirez said. "We know where she comes from, what she means.

"It's been a long time since we've been able to turn it around here, and she wants to see something change. So she had to make a big move."

Ford addressed the team for around 10 minutes. She explained why she fired Mayhew and Lewand, introduced interim GM Sheldon White and COO Allison Maki, and outlined her expectations for the future.

Not just the next eight games, but into 2016 and beyond.

"At the end of the day, she wants this organization to build a tradition of winning," tailback Joique Bell said. "That's what I got from it. And (speaking up) was a step she felt like she needed to make."

Her demeanor?

"She was passionate," Bell said.

Despite her age, the 90-year-old Ford is said to be fiery. Apparently she showed some of that during her talk with the club.

"Very strong woman," Ramirez said. "Strong woman. That's all I've got to say.".....

This is the team I had hoped to see from the beginning of the season. Pity is they will win just enough for the remainder of the season that they keep White and Caldwell in place. And then we will suck for 5 years until the next overhaul that isnt really an overhaul at all. Just more of the same. Same ol Lions.

Kelly needs to go back to college and coach. His experiment is failing pretty mightily in the NFL. Between the bad talent evaluation, highly questionable trades, poor free agent signings and as you said, a disoriented offensive system at times, it just hasn't worked. I'm glad to see the Lions ruled out going the Chip Kelly route.

I'd hire him in a second. The rhetoric surrounding him is nonsense. The guy had the 2nd most yard sand points in the NFL over his first two seasons.That's failing mightily? Yeesh. Its year one of his players, let the man build something like a real organization does. What talent evaluation issues? His first draft looks pretty solid. He just needs to find his QB

were going 9-7 arent we :(

And Seattle finishes 9-7. Seattle onward to the playoffs, the Lions to their couches. With the worst draft pick a non-playoff team could have.

Thanks NFL................

I'll take 9-7 over a top 10 pick. I've seen a ton of top 10 picks in my lifetime. Fewer winning seasons for the Lions(I think)

This is the team I had hoped to see from the beginning of the season. Pity is they will win just enough for the remainder of the season that they keep White and Caldwell in place. And then we will suck for 5 years until the next overhaul that isnt really an overhaul at all. Just more of the same. Same ol Lions.

I don't think the Lions hired Ernie Accorsi to do nothing. He was hired to help find a new GM no matter what. The new GM will decide if Caldwell is fired or not.

And Seattle finishes 9-7. Seattle onward to the playoffs, the Lions to their couches. With the worst draft pick a non-playoff team could have.

Thanks NFL................

Given the Lions sad history, this wouldn't surprise me. Thanks to a ref that didn't know the rules and should have been fired after the game for not doing his job.

I believe when I ran the playoff simulator, I had both the Lions and Seahawks at 9-7. Lions made it in over Sea. I believe the Lions had the better conference record. ATL and STL are the one to watch.

I'd hire him in a second. The rhetoric surrounding him is nonsense. The guy had the 2nd most yard sand points in the NFL over his first two seasons.That's failing mightily? Yeesh. Its year one of his players, let the man build something like a real organization does. What talent evaluation issues? His first draft looks pretty solid. He just needs to find his QB

Dumping Jackson and Maclin while keeping Riley Cooper was a bad move. Trading Nick Foles AND a 2nd round pick for a quarterback who can't stay healthy was dumb. Paying Byron Maxwell $25,000,000 guaranteed over six years when he was a product of the Seattle system, real dumb. Giving injury-prone Ryan Matthews three years with $7.5 million guaranteed to be a backup after bringing in Murray, another dud move. Trading a nice depth piece like Brandon Boykin to Pittsburgh, bad. And since Kelly was put in-charge of personnel, in the first 3 rounds of the draft Kelly has used 3 of 6 picks on wide receivers in 2 years. All poor decisions in my opinion, with the draft choices potentially being the worst of all.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

I believe when I ran the playoff simulator, I had both the Lions and Seahawks at 9-7. Lions made it in over Sea......

I think head to head is number 1 tiebreaker, so the Lions are doomed if they both finished 9-7.

I think head to head is number 1 tiebreaker, so the Lions are doomed if they both finished 9-7.

Yes that's correct. I probably had them at 8-8.

Looks like Aaron Rodgers sucks now. What a shame

No, not really. I hate the Packers.

I also don't think Rogers is the problem. His offensive line is performing poorly. I also think he is pretty banged up.

I also don't think Rogers is the problem. His offensive line is performing poorly..

Funny how that works.

I also don't think Rogers is the problem. His offensive line is performing poorly. I also think he is pretty banged up.

Rodgers may want to call Stafford to get some pointers on how to deal with a garbage offensive line.