Shinma

Happy Thanksgiving! Eagles at Lions, week 12. 12:30pm, FOX.

The Lions have won their last two games on Thanksgiving, by a combined 47 points.

k3BSI8g.jpg

RZftQvV.gif

Presents the following thread:

39YLvWI.gifAT1Ky3n0b.jpg

(4-6) @ (3-7)

Your Detroit Lions

Vs

The Philadelphia Eagles

hITYXeu.jpg

NFC Conference

Week 12

Date: November 26th, 2015

Time: 12:30pm EST

This game is a presentation of:

OMCrRZn.png

Television Broadcast Provided by:

pH9nGHU.jpg

FOX

Lions on Thanksgiving, a tradition since 1934!

22AVaPw.jpg

Official Lions / Raiders Highlights:

tNxltix5ZW8

Sandman's Lions / Raiders Slowlights:

BQRyC61Mn6Q

Stafford leads comeback in Lions' win over Raiders

DETROIT - Matthew Stafford's toenail on his right, big toe was black and blue. "I just tore it off," he said. A win will likely ease the pain.

Stafford ran for a go-ahead 5-yard touchdown early in the fourth quarter on a drive that included him making a couple other key plays with his feet, helping the Detroit Lions beat the Oakland Raiders 18-13 Sunday. "He had some timely runs," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. "And, that was a good decision on the touchdown because he had a couple other options there. I think teams underestimate how quick he is."

The quarterback, who is not known as a threat to run, scored Detroit's first rushing TD since Week 3 on a designed draw. "I just call him Sweet Feet," Lions running back Theo Riddick joked. "He's not the fastest guy, he's not the quickest, but he makes plays." Earlier in the pivotal possession, Stafford moved up and around the pocket to make a shovel pass to Riddick to convert a third down, and escaped a collapsed pocket to get outside for a season-long 18-yard run.

"He was able to make some things happen with his feet," Raiders cornerback TJ Carrie said. The Lions (3-7) have won consecutive games for the first time this year, and improved to 3-0 when running the ball at least 20 times. They were able to end the game by simply kneeling after picking up enough first downs on the ground, taking the last 7:22 off the clock.

"It's a great feeling for the offensive line when everyone, including the Raiders, knew we were going to run and we were still able to do it," Detroit offensive tackle Riley Reiff said. Ameer Abdullah, Joique Bell and Riddick combined for 24 carries and 89 yards rushing. Stafford, who gained 31 yards on the ground, was 22 of 35 for 282 yards through the air.

The Raiders (4-6) have a season-high three-game losing streak. They have been limited to 27 points combined in the last two games after scoring at least 34 in the previous three. Oakland had perhaps its worst game offensively, getting held to season lows in yards (214), yards rushing (50), yards passing (164) and first downs (13).

Derek Carr was 13 of 25 for 169 yards. Latavius Murray was held to a season-low 28 yards - gaining 16 on one run - on 13 carries. The Raiders were called for delay of game twice, seemingly oblivious to the play clock.

"Just a little off in some of those situations," Oakland coach Jack Del Rio said. Raiders rookie receiver Amari Cooper had season lows with one reception for 4 yards, and appeared to drop some of the other three passes thrown his way.

"For him to come out of a game with one catch, we've got to do a better job there," Del Rio acknowledged. Matt Prater, who missed two extra-point kicks in last week's win at Green Bay, connected on 29- 41- and 51-yard field goals in the first half to cap lengthy drives to give Detroit a 9-0 lead at halftime.

The Raiders went ahead after their second drive of the third quarter. Murray's 1-yard touchdown run capped the opening possession of the second half and Sebastian Janikowski made a go-ahead, 48 yard field goal on Oakland's next possession. After narrowly avoiding a safety because a holding penalty was just outside the goal line in the fourth, Raiders tackle Donald Penn was called for holding against Ezekiel Ansah in the end zone to give the Lions two more points and the final 18-13 lead.

The Lions mixed the run and pass well on the opening possession, driving to the Oakland 1 before getting pushed back because of a holding penalty. Eric Ebron dropped a pass in the end zone and the Lions settled for a field goal as they did on their next drive after Stafford overthrew Abdullah in the end zone.

"I missed Ameer by 6 inches," Stafford recalled. "The one to Ebron, we got to come down with it."

Notes:

Lions' Ebron says his struggles will end 'this week'

Eric Ebron is looking to change perceptions against the Philadelphia Eagles on Turkey Day.

The Detroit Lions tight end saw his critics swarm after he dropped a would-be touchdown pass during Sunday's 18-13 win over the Oakland Raiders.

"They're still waiting for me to mess up and, when I do, they take full advantage of it," Ebron said, per the Detroit Free Press. "So I just got to continue to make a statement, not only to myself but to the people that don't believe in me and the people that see me more as a failure than a success.

"Just going through a minor phase," Ebron said. "Ain't going to last long. (Shoot), it's going to end this week."

On the plus side, Ebron has already topped his rookie totals from last autumn with 320 yards off 27 grabs. That handiwork, though, ranks him only 24th in receptions among tight ends. To make matters worse, Ebron is tied for the most drops at his position with six bobbled lobs.

After struggling last season with Detroit's playbook, Ebron acknowledged that he's been set back again by scheme tweaks made by new coordinator Jim Bob Cooter.

"He wants things different ways," Ebron said. "So you just have to adjust to him and as soon as I got comfortable where I was at, we had a change. So now I just got to adjust to it, and just pick up where I left off. I'll be all right. I'm not stunting it. It's a big deal to everybody else, but it's not a big deal to me or the organization because I know what I can do."

The organization, though, would like to see more from a player they chose with the No. 10 overall pick in 2014. The Lions have all sorts of problems -- not just Ebron -- but his up-and-down play has held this offense back. A big game against the Eagles would do wonders for a player still waiting to break out.

NFC North Standings:

Green Bay (7-3) .700

Minnesota (7-3) .700

Chicago (4-6) .400

Detroit (3-7) .300

Lions Injury News:

Eric Ebron TE -- Full Participation in Practice --

Crezdon Butler CB -- Full Participation in Practice --

Darius Slay CB -- Limited Participation in Practice --

Gabe Wright DT -- Limited Participation in Practice --

Calvin Johnson WR -- Limited Participation in Practice --

Don Carey S -- Limited Participation in Practice --

Caraun Reid DT -- Limited Participation in Practice --

Eagles Injury News:

Jason Kelce C Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable

Ryan Mathews RB Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out

DeMeco Ryans LB Hamstring Full Participation in Practice Probable

Cedric Thornton DE Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable

Connor Barwin LB Quadricep Full Participation in Practice Probable

Zach Ertz TE Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out

Kiko Alonso LB Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable

Walter Thurmond S Hamstring Full Participation in Practice Probable

Sam Bradford QB Concussion Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Jason Peters T Back Full Participation in Practice Questionable

iPTZy81.jpg

Edited by Shinma

Playoff simulator on ESPN.com went live today. Lions still have a shot. Go 9-7 and they have a surprisingly decent shot at getting in. They could even get in at 8-8..lots needs to happen though. Seattle, STL and ATL need to finish 8-8 or 9-7.

So what the heck... Go Lions!

Hoping to find a way to watch online. "getting away" is beautiful, but only if I can continue a semblance of my normal media life.

I hope they keep winning. 1) because I hate watching them lose 2) so the draft pick protectors can keep complaining

Hoping to find a way to watch online. "getting away" is beautiful, but only if I can continue a semblance of my normal media life.

Are you on phone or laptop?

Playoff simulator on ESPN.com went live today. Lions still have a shot. Go 9-7 and they have a surprisingly decent shot at getting in. They could even get in at 8-8..lots needs to happen though. Seattle, STL and ATL need to finish 8-8 or 9-7.

So what the heck... Go Lions!

Yes, the sixth NFC playoff seed will go to a mediocre team. If only the Lions could have closed out more than one of their first eight. If only Calvin Johnson could have held on to the ball for a fraction of a second longer against Seattle.

either!

I should be able to dig something up for laptop, if I can find something I will pm you.

This season really is a no-lose situation for me. Starting the games, I always hope for a win. But if they get behind early, reality sets in and I'm perfectly fine seeing them lose.

It is always nice to win on Thanksgiving, though.

God I hate the way this girl sings. Get it the **** over with, this isn't an american idol audition.

God I hate the way this girl sings. Get it the **** over with, this isn't an american idol audition.

BRAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve.

Heh.

Joe Buck is an embarrassment. At no point did he ever say if the field goal was good or not. "That's a sound no kicker wants to hear on Thanksgiving." Unless the ball kicks in between the uprights, *******. Why do people think he's good?

Joe Buck is an embarrassment. At no point did he ever say if the field goal was good or not. "That's a sound no kicker wants to hear on Thanksgiving." Unless the ball kicks in between the uprights, *******. Why do people think he's good?

It seems pretty obvious he missed it. I think it went without saying.

I'm pretty sure its only Packers fans that think he is good. Since he openly cheers for them during any Green bay broadcast he does.

It seems pretty obvious he missed it. I think it went without saying.

Sure, if you're in front of the TV. He should still call the play as it happened.

He truly is terrible. I've had extreme disdain for him since the fall of 2006.