hail2mich

GDT: #12 Michigan at Penn State 11/21/2015

Good bounce back game by the defense. This game didn't feel as close as a 12 pt game.

MSU winning today without Cook, getting cocky because they then think they have a clear path to the playoff, then losing instead to Penn St next week would be hilarious.

Watching PSU implode today reminded me of when RR or Hoke were coaching. Bad clock management, no adjustments, no clue.

Harbaugh is worth every penny. This team was a joke last year and besides Rudock and Peppers being added to the mix this season, the personnel is basically the same. JH has changed the culture in a short time. Players are actually developing week to week and the team is always well prepared. Great to watch.

Watching PSU implode today reminded me of when RR or Hoke were coaching. Bad clock management, no adjustments, no clue.

Harbaugh is worth every penny. This team was a joke last year and besides Rudock and Peppers being added to the mix this season, the personnel is basically the same. JH has changed the culture in a short time. Players are actually developing week to week and the team is always well prepared. Great to watch.

One thing that stuck out to me was when they called the PI against Peppers (the one where the WR pushed off first), and Harbaugh went nuts (took off jacket, threw headset), the defense got fired up and I believe they had two straight sacks right after that. He really does a good job at turning a lemon into lemonade by getting his team fired up.

Plenty to still work on with this team, but this will likely be the most prepared team against Ohio State that we've seen at Michigan in the past decade or so. Hopefully they don't disappoint! :classic:

PSU tried to give the game away every time they touched the ball, and the refs kept trying to give it right back to them. Good thing the UM defense played better today, and Rudock et al. were productive enough.

I'm very concerned about our run attack vs OSU's defense, and stopping their runners. Hopefully the home crowd/rivalry element will help us, and maybe Harbaugh has been saving some tricks. Really want to beat OSU this year.

PSU tried to give the game away every time they touched the ball, and the refs kept trying to give it right back to them. Good thing the UM defense played better today, and Rudock et al. were productive enough.

I'm very concerned about our run attack vs OSU's defense, and stopping their runners. Hopefully the home crowd/rivalry element will help us, and maybe Harbaugh has been saving some tricks. Really want to beat OSU this year.

I'm feeling better about OSU the more I see this MSU vs. OSU game. It is raining, but OSU doesn't look that good against MSU right now, especially with MSU missing it's top play maker. It is still early in the game though.

Good bounce back game by the defense. This game didn't feel as close as a 12 pt game.

MSU winning today without Cook, getting cocky because they then think they have a clear path to the playoff, then losing instead to Penn St next week would be hilarious.

and if MSU loses, they will have to root for M to beat OSU.

No Big Ten title for us, MSU upsets OSU

hahahhahaha not even mad. maybe i will be tomorrow because of it's implications for michigan, but always nice to see osu play like ****, even against sparty.

I'm feeling better about OSU the more I see this MSU vs. OSU game. It is raining, but OSU doesn't look that good against MSU right now, especially with MSU missing it's top play maker. It is still early in the game though.

Neither one of them are any good. Other than the 1 in a million play against MSU, Michigan would have beaten MSU and will likely beat OSU next week. OSU has played no one of any consequence all year. Completely over rated.

No Big Ten title for us, MSU upsets OSU

Sad, but I'm not going to claim that one year ago at this time I didn't think 9 wins this season was some kind of fantasy.

Delicious. Much wow:

@BTNRickPizzo

#Buckeyes running back Ezekiel Elliott:"coaching staff didn't put us in position to win. That's a team (Michigan State) we should beat." WOW

@ByAZuniga

Cardale Jones tweets about today being his "last time" at Ohio Stadium. Ezekiel Elliott says there's "no chance" he's back next year. Wow.

I was absolutely stunned to see that OSU performance. Last I saw them they were straight killing teams at the end of last season, putting defenses constantly on their heels, with their 3rd string guy.

Today, the play calling just looked so meek. Crowd actually booed the offense when it was 7-7, that was right before the muffed punt. JT Barret had 15 rushes, many power up the middle, Elliot only 12. Barret had 2.9 yards per attempted pass, rarely threatened downfield or the edges.

That's not to mention the defense, which allowed MSU to rush it 50 times and move the ball enough even tho there was really no passing threat. It was reminiscent of M vs. IU last week, where they just wouldn't sell-out to stop obvious runs, but IU had a legit passing attack at least to be somewhat fearful of. MSU didn't have that.

I thought they were sleepwalking through the schedule and would wake themselves up these last 2 weeks, but obviously something else is happening. Mind-boggling, all around.

Delicious. Much wow:

@BTNRickPizzo

#Buckeyes running back Ezekiel Elliott:"coaching staff didn't put us in position to win. That's a team (Michigan State) we should beat." WOW

@ByAZuniga

Cardale Jones tweets about today being his "last time" at Ohio Stadium. Ezekiel Elliott says there's "no chance" he's back next year. Wow.

I was surprised Ezekiel Elliot came back this year. He won the national championship and was one of the team's best players. He could have been a high 1st round pick. I still think Penn State can beat the Spartans next week especially if Cook does not play. Actually they almost played better today because they ran the ball more instead of throwing it all the time.

I was surprised Ezekiel Elliot came back this year. He won the national championship and was one of the team's best players. He could have been a high 1st round pick. I still think Penn State can beat the Spartans next week especially if Cook does not play. Actually they almost played better today because they ran the ball more instead of throwing it all the time.

Elliot is a true junior so he couldn't have left last year. It sounds like he's definitely leaving early this year tho.

I was surprised Urbz was able to talk both Cardale Jones and Braxton Miller into coming back, giving them really 3 QBs with Barrett. Maybe there's been some festering in the locker room over that situation that boiled over with Barrett having a poor game (not that the play-calling gave him much of a chance) and Elliot/Jones not getting much of a chance to ensure a repeat.

Funny Michigan should be 10-1 and ranked in the top 5 now.

But we all know that would be a fluke of a ranking.

Our coach is all everything. We have no running game and a QB who could not throw deep for the 1st 2/3 of the season.

Funny Michigan should be 10-1 and ranked in the top 5 now.

But we all know that would be a fluke of a ranking.

Our coach is all everything. We have no running game and a QB who could not throw deep for the 1st 2/3 of the season.

We got burned by Sparty luck, but got some luck back at MINN, and could have easily lost to IU as well. 9-2 is probably a fair record, which, agreed, says a lot about Harbaugh.

But as was mentioned by belcher, I feel a heck of a lot better about our chances of going 10-2 than I did this morning. I thought that despite the mistakes, we were a clear tier above PSU, something I wasn't sure of. And OSU showed nothing in the running game, giving me hope it won't be a IU repeat for 60 minutes.

Delicious. Much wow:

@BTNRickPizzo

@ByAZuniga

C'mon Meyer, don't let that insubordination go unpunished. Suspend him for the Michigan game!

Elliott neglects to mention that perhaps his production of 33 yards on 12 carries might have affected how many more carries he got.

Elliott neglects to mention that perhaps his production of 33 yards on 12 carries might have affected how many more carries he got.

Elliot isn't looking good for speaking out like this, but he's absolutely correct. Note that 9 of his 12 carries came on the 1st half touchdown drive.

So on the other 34 plays/10 drives, which were completely unsuccessful except for a 6 yd TD pass after the muffed punt, he touched it 3 times!!!!!!! That's insane!!!

Delicious. Much wow:

@BTNRickPizzo

@ByAZuniga

Cardale got conned by Meyer. You know Urban gave him the song and dance last winter about he was his main man to get him to come back, then he lost the job to Barrett anyway. Barrett may be the right coaching choice, but I bet you Meyer wasn't talking 'open competition' to Jones last January.

I was absolutely stunned to see that OSU performance. Last I saw them they were straight killing teams at the end of last season, putting defenses constantly on their heels, with their 3rd string guy.

Today, the play calling just looked so meek. Crowd actually booed the offense when it was 7-7, that was right before the muffed punt. JT Barret had 15 rushes, many power up the middle, Elliot only 12. Barret had 2.9 yards per attempted pass, rarely threatened downfield or the edges.

That's not to mention the defense, which allowed MSU to rush it 50 times and move the ball enough even tho there was really no passing threat. It was reminiscent of M vs. IU last week, where they just wouldn't sell-out to stop obvious runs, but IU had a legit passing attack at least to be somewhat fearful of. MSU didn't have that.

I thought they were sleepwalking through the schedule and would wake themselves up these last 2 weeks, but obviously something else is happening. Mind-boggling, all around.

It almost looked like they purposely lost it.

Seriously, how much of a threat was the MSU passing game today? And OSU couldn't stop the run- at all. Something smells.

Ohio State hadn't played a good team until today, and they haven't been all that impressive.

College football is crazy and Penn State could beat MSU next week, especially if MSU has a letdown.

Ain't over yet. Just beat OSU next week.

So what would need to happen for Michigan to make it into the Big 10 championship game? Besides beating OSU?

Edited by Kamakzie

Ohio State hadn't played a good team until today, and they haven't been all that impressive.

College football is crazy and Penn State could beat MSU next week, especially if MSU has a letdown.

Ain't over yet. Just beat OSU next week.

Like as not it's OSU that will have the let down. Could be good for M. M can't get to the playoff but 10 wins would get them to a nice new years day (or equiv) game.