Kamakzie

Agent claims Lions wanted 97.1 to fire Mike Valenti

Setting aside the morality of the Lions trying to get a person fired (assuming it's true), the guy sounds like the type of host I wouldn't want to listen too.

We've got a guy here on the west side of the state who is successful in radio because he knows how to work the audience. Good for him, I guess, but it's not the type of radio I want to listen too. I want a host with an honest opinion and actually deals in facts and stats vs. a guy who will say that will resonate the best with the audience. It's just not entertaining or enjoyable when I listen and mentally correct 50-70% of what he says.

I've never heard Valenti, or at least I've never heard very much from him but it sounds kinda like he's doing his show for maximum effect vs. actual opinion.

Give him a chance. I think the people saying that he just says negative **** with no facts backing him up to appeal to the audience are totally off base.