Shinma

11/15/15. Lions at Packers, week 10. Fox 1:05pm.

Lawson and Reid looked pretty good. **** it, let's bring back Mayhew! ;)

I think Lawson got away with a LOT of interference. Don't get me wrong here:

1.) I thought the calls were even through out the game.

2.) I PREFER to see games called this way vs. lots of flags for every little thing.

But that said, in today's NFL I don't think a CB would normally get away with that much contact. I'm not sure that Lawson would normally be this productive.

White found some superstars during the week that led to this win. He is a master talent evaluator.

The Lions should name him GM as soon as possible and give him at least a 5 year contract.

Can we name Jim Bob Cooter "Head Coach for Life" at the same time? Did you see how productive that offense was?!?

Can we name Jim Bob Cooter "Head Coach for Life" at the same time? Did you see how productive that offense was?!?

How did you read my mind or know what I was thinking? I guess football geniuses think alike. Not a lot of people can see that Sheldon White and Jim Bob Cooter are amazing at their jobs.

James Ihedigbo only got on the field for three defensive plays....

Maybe seeing what the younger players can do? Kind of a rehearsal for the future? Sheldon White has a plan and it is pure genius.

The Lions now have 3 straight games at home and the third game is a Thursday night game against Green Bay. NFL.com still claims the Thursday night game is on NFL network and CBS.

Maybe seeing what the younger players can do? Kind of a rehearsal for the future? Sheldon White has a plan and it is pure genius.

I didn't read anything more into it than that Ihedigbo has too often found himself out of position or flagged for late hits.

On your comment about Sheldon White, I do hope all of the Detroit Lions beat writers who follow this board (Hi Kyle, Justin, Josh, Drew, Dave, et. al!!!) will stop allowing themselves to be used as shills for Sheldon White's campaign for the permanent GM job. I know it's an easy story to write but it makes you look lazy and clueless. Tom Kowalski never would have bit on such a cheap sideshow of a story.

At this point in the season, there's very little Sheldon White can do to "fix" the Lions other than sign a few unemployed free agents for the bottom of the roster. Assuming that the team backs into a couple of wins against an easy schedule throughout the remainder of the season, though, a whole bunch of press coverage on Sheldon White could give the mistaken impression that he had some kind of magical influence (an impression White is clearly trying to encourage). I'd rather see the press write stories on the search process.

The Lions now have 3 straight games at home and the third game is a Thursday night game against Green Bay. NFL.com still claims the Thursday night game is on NFL network and CBS.

That is "correct" concerning the Thursday night game being on both NFL Network & CBS. The only places where it will be on both networks are the Detroit & Green Bay markets.

You can say the Lions played a bad game, but when they got the ball back 5 minutes left on the clock, and a lead, I thought they'd get super-conservative and focus more on the clock than moving the football. I was dead wrong. Great play-calling on that drive and it resulted in a TD, damn the clock. Did not see that coming at all.

Agreed

That is "correct" concerning the Thursday night game being on both NFL Network & CBS. The only places where it will be on both networks are the Detroit & Green Bay markets.

Is that how it is for all Thursday night games in November and December? The local markets get the game on CBS or is it just this game? If it is just this game, how did the NFL decide on this game? They thought the Lions and Green Bay would be fighting for first place in their division?

I was Randy Quaid at the end. "GB is going to march down the field and score" "They will recover the onside kick" They will win the game on a FG" I was laughing as it played out and continued laughing after they missed the FG.

Sheldon White on Lions' win: 'This is all Mrs. Ford'

Pathetic...if Martha really believes any of the crap Sheldon White is pushing, the Lions are doomed.

How could you possibly interpret that article as "Lions are doomed, Martha is an idiot." Who the **** cares what Sheldon white says. Martha obviously doesn't believe it, because it's a repeat of what Mayhew has said. And she fired him.

Why is anyone even talking about Sheldon White? It is so painfully obvious that he Caldwell are just place holders til the season is over. Zero percent chance they return in any capacity.

Agreed TP, but to be fair,this franchise has a history that makes fans unwilling to assume they will make the obvious choice.

Why is anyone even talking about Sheldon White? It is so painfully obvious that he Caldwell are just place holders til the season is over. Zero percent chance they return in any capacity.

The only reason I am hesitant at this point in time is because we were told, by the media, that the Lions had hired a search firm to help with the GM search. Then, anonymous sources within the organization said that wasn't true. The wishey-wash stories out there have me nervous that they reflect the attitude within the organization. I keep having haunting thoughts that they are dragging their feet or even worse, that they won't do anything all and will promote White because of a "quality win" like Green Bay.

I need a concrete story out of the organization that says definitively "Yes, we have hired a search firm and here is who." Until then, I'm going to be on edge.

So is it confirmed that they didn't block the kick? Was it just shanked? It may have been the worst FG kick I've ever seen.

So is it confirmed that they didn't block the kick? Was it just shanked? It may have been the worst FG kick I've ever seen.

Just shanked.

For me, the best thing about it is it took away the 'Stafford can't win on the road against a good team' argument.

I mean, had Green Bay won, it would have had nothing to do with Stafford's play late, but because other guys **** the bed, somehow it proves he can't win on the road against a good team or whatever.

In any event, not a huge Stafford supporter - I just dislike discussions where things like that become the narrative as evidence so and so can't win or isn't good or.....

On the replay I saw yesterday it appeared clear the kicker just botched the kick.

For me, the best thing about it is it took away the 'Stafford can't win on the road against a good team' argument.

I mean, had Green Bay won, it would have had nothing to do with Stafford's play late, but because other guys **** the bed, somehow it proves he can't win on the road against a good team or whatever.

In any event, not a huge Stafford supporter - I just dislike discussions where things like that become the narrative as evidence so and so can't win or isn't good or.....

Yep. This was pretty much the only game left this season that I wanted the lions to win. Ending the Green Bay road thing and the stafford road thing in one game was great.

If the Lions win the rest of their games and make the playoffs and win a playoff game, you don't think they would keep White and/or Caldwell?

The only reason I am hesitant at this point in time is because we were told, by the media, that the Lions had hired a search firm to help with the GM search. Then, anonymous sources within the organization said that wasn't true. The wishey-wash stories out there have me nervous that they reflect the attitude within the organization. I keep having haunting thoughts that they are dragging their feet or even worse, that they won't do anything all and will promote White because of a "quality win" like Green Bay.

I need a concrete story out of the organization that says definitively "Yes, we have hired a search firm and here is who." Until then, I'm going to be on edge.

I agree and why do the Lions feel they must keep everything a secret? They need to give the fans what they want and tell the fans what is going on with the GM situation.

I agree 100% with this post. Football is a more team oriented game than any other that I'm aware of. Every player has an impact on other players in his unit. Each unit has an impact on the play of the other units on the field. And each group on the field has an impact on the play of the other teams on the field.

Singling out a single player... even at the very important position of QB... and saying HE hasn't been able to beat blah, blah, blah... is really wrong.

If the Lions win the rest of their games and make the playoffs and win a playoff game, you don't think they would keep White and/or Caldwell?

If that happens I wouldn't necessarily say that firing Caldwell and/or White is the right move. But that won't happen. ZERO CHANCE the Lions make the playoffs let alone win a playoff game. The Lions got lucky against a GB team that struggling. There was pretty much no point where the Lions looked GOOD yesterday... just less bad than the Packers.

That said, what is they have mild success for the rest of the year? What if it looks like the Lions have started to right the ship and might have something to build on... when what? Does White/Caldwell get to stick around? I don't want to ascribe to Martha the sins of her husband, but it's hard as a Lions fan not to worry that they team won't just promote from within. We've seen it before, why not again? We saw it when the worst GM in NFL history was finally shown the door and the Lions promoted his protege on Millen's own recommendation!

Again, I hope that Martha will handle it differently, but I can't blame any Lions fan for worrying about White landing himself a new 5-year deal if they show even a bit of promise the rest of the season.

I seriously think Aaron Rodgers was not 100% in that game. He looked very inaccurate many times... didn't seem to have the same zip on his throws.

They need to give the fans what they want and tell the fans what is going on with the GM situation.

They don't need to do anything of the sort. We would like to hear it, but they don't need to do it. And it may actually be detrimental to their search to share too much information.

They don't need to do anything of the sort. We would like to hear it, but they don't need to do it. And it may actually be detrimental to their search to share too much information.

So it is detrimental to tell your fan base that you hired a search firm? I think they could at least be straight with us about that. They've got to understand what a bungled PR situation it would end up being if it came out the whole "search" was nothing but a smokescreen and fabrication.