Shinma

11/15/15. Lions at Packers, week 10. Fox 1:05pm.

The lions did everything humanly possible to hand them the game. That's usually more than enough. Green Bay was just THAT bad today. And you have to be playing really bad to not accept the multiple gifts the lions tried to give.

The lions did everything humanly possible to hand them the game. That's usually more than enough. Green Bay was just THAT bad today. And you have to be playing really bad to not accept the multiple gifts the lions tried to give.

Yes it was the 1 out of 25 games the Lions would win. Amazing they won, but they certainly didn't look like a respectable team at all. How many stupid plays did they do to try to hand it over?

I am really shocked at how terrible Green Bay looked today. I never thought they would look this pathetic at Lambeau Field. As other posters have said, the Lions did just about everything to lose this game and Green Bay was pathetic enough for the Lions to win.

There were a lot of posters on this board claiming that probably the Lions would do just enough for Martha Ford to hire White as the new full time GM and for Caldwell to keep his job. Could this be the beginning of this garbage? I hope not.

You can say the Lions played a bad game, but when they got the ball back 5 minutes left on the clock, and a lead, I thought they'd get super-conservative and focus more on the clock than moving the football. I was dead wrong. Great play-calling on that drive and it resulted in a TD, damn the clock. Did not see that coming at all.

I didn't think they played bad. Missed extra points and Johnson not catching that onside kick was bad. The defense was good. I know Green Bay has been struggling, but the Lions were running out of defensive backs. That last drive by the Lions is how you are supposed to close out a game. Tate made a big play but don't forget the play Stafford made to avoid the sack on 3rd down and pick a 1st to keep the drive alive.

BREAKING NEWS - Green Bay has fired all their employees.

After looking like garbage for the past 3 weeks or so, they may want to start thinking about firing someone.

I am really shocked at how terrible Green Bay looked today. I never thought they would look this pathetic at Lambeau Field. As other posters have said, the Lions did just about everything to lose this game and Green Bay was pathetic enough for the Lions to win.

There were a lot of posters on this board claiming that probably the Lions would do just enough for Martha Ford to hire White as the new full time GM and for Caldwell to keep his job. Could this be the beginning of this garbage? I hope not.

Despite the fact it's the first win there in 24 years, no, any sane person would not make a win at Lambeau the litmus test for them keeping their jobs. if they lose out, which I still believe is possible/probable, that's not a good season.

Despite the fact it's the first win there in 24 years, no, any sane person would not make a win at Lambeau the litmus test for them keeping their jobs. if they lose out, which I still believe is possible/probable, that's not a good season.

Let's say the Lions finish with 6 or more wins, does that allow the Lions to take the easy route and keep White and Caldwell? Six or more wins would mean they went at least 5-3 in the second half of the season.

What are the Lions waiting for? There has been no news of interviews, etc. for a new GM? The NFL has a great list of candidates for GM that is compiled by a veteran NFL committee. They need to get the list and start interviewing candidates.

Let's say the Lions finish with 6 or more wins, does that allow the Lions to take the easy route and keep White and Caldwell? Six or more wins would mean they went at least 5-3 in the second half of the season.

What are the Lions waiting for? There has been no news of interviews, etc. for a new GM? The NFL has a great list of candidates for GM that is compiled by a veteran NFL committee. They need to get the list and start interviewing candidates.

Pretty sure they can't interview employees of other teams during the season, so they probably can't interview very many of those GM candidates yet anyway.

As for Caldwell, hopefully they are just letting him coach the season out because they will leave the hiring and firing of the head coach up to the GM, like every other organization except Cleveland.

Edited by sagnam

No way. Even if they finish 8-8 which would be impossibe Caldwell goes.... White goes...

I actually don't care that Caldwell stayed - hes a terrible coach maybe the worst in the league but at this point it doesn't matter.

Pretty sure they can't interview employees of other teams during the season, so they probably can't interview very many of those GM candidates yet anyway......

I don't know the rules of front office employees below GM level, but you would think if a person has a chance to interview for a job to better themselves, they should be able to at any time.

Why would you think they're going to interview for their GM position mid season?

To get a chance to interview the best candidates and hire the best candidate before other teams fire their GM and go after the person the Lions want. If you can hire a GM sooner, maybe he can analyze the team for the rest of the season to see where he wants to make changes, etc.

All of the candidates they'd be interviewing are working for other teams right now. They are not going to let them interview for a job mid-season. It's just not going to happen until the off season.

I don't know the rules of front office employees below GM level, but you would think if a person has a chance to interview for a job to better themselves, they should be able to at any time.

Unless they are under a contract that prevents them from doing so.

Looks like even Aaron Rodgers is a crappy QB when his team can't run or catch the ball. Hmm...

Also it was hilarious how hard the Lions tried to lose this one.

Sheldon White on Lions' win: 'This is all Mrs. Ford'

Pathetic...if Martha really believes any of the crap Sheldon White is pushing, the Lions are doomed.

He is laying the sauce on hard but brown nosing is reality.

From the Detroit news...

The Lions had to scratch and claw for a 18-16 victory. Cornerback Crezdon Butler, one of the men White added to the roster this week, broke up a pass on the Packers' 2-point try with 32 seconds left.

Good enough for a Lions front office job.

Edited by Chopper

If they don't make it you know they'll get the onside kick and win with a FG.

This bordered on the clairvoyant. Kudos.

While I hold out no hope that the Lions will win any more .. or do what they should in the off-season .. the fact that they beat GB in GB is awesome, because I work with 2 Packer-backers.

White found some superstars during the week that led to this win. He is a master talent evaluator.

The Lions should name him GM as soon as possible and give him at least a 5 year contract.