hail2mich

GDT: #14 Michigan at Indiana 11/14/2015

Harbaugh saying Glasgow probably not coming back so the D line is suddenly a huge problem. Lose two starters from any unit and it's usually trouble - unless it's OSU QBs. :dead:

Harbaugh saying Glasgow probably not coming back so the D line is suddenly a huge problem. Lose two starters from any unit and it's usually trouble - unless it's OSU QBs. :dead:

Actually they are down 3 now. Ojemudia, Mone and Glasgow. As you say, pretty tough to overcome.

Actually they are down 3 now. Ojemudia, Mone and Glasgow. As you say, pretty tough to overcome.

And OSU can do exactly what IU did in the running game, except better. Glasgow being out would be a near death sentence.

I was surprised at how UM decided to play IU in the 4th. I thought they would start stacking the box and bringing pressure to force IU to pass and they never did. They just stubbornly stuck with the 4 man front.

I trust that JH and company will approach the next two games different schematically.

It would look like our defense has downgraded to the point of PSU being a big question mark and OSU being totally doubtful.

PSU will be a better matchup for UM's defense. I think its very winnable.

I was surprised at how UM decided to play IU in the 4th. I thought they would start stacking the box and bringing pressure to force IU to pass and they never did. They just stubbornly stuck with the 4 man front.

I trust that JH and company will approach the next two games different schematically.

I was too.

While I don't disagree, the one thing we have seen consistently this year is player's getting better as the year goes on. That is directly tied to coaching. Given time I think what we have left will improve, though I do realize they will probably take a step back from their early dominance.

Mone might be able to burn his redshirt and return for OSU.

Interesting decision for him. He's already missed 10 games, but he'd potentially be able to play in The Game, B10 championship game, and a very nice bowl game if things go well. OTOH if we take a loss it'd only be OSU and a lesser bowl, probably. Altho who knows maybe he plays some @PSU as well.

Maybe he wouldn't even want to return for a 5th year down the road, who knows?

I think if you have chance to play in the game with a big ten championship game berth on the line, and a good bowl game, you burn the redshirt.

That's interesting the medical redshirt burns if the player comes back for a game or two, even though he missed enough games to qualify for it.

That's interesting the medical redshirt burns if the player comes back for a game or two, even though he missed enough games to qualify for it.

Yeah, the medical redshirt would be subject to abuse if they could just keep a freshman off the field at the beginning of the year and say he's hurt.

It does show a depressing lack of depth at that position. If Mone doesn't come back they're literally playing Tom Strobel and Henry Poggi at DT after they've been on offense nearly the entire season.

In retrospect, it's lucky they escaped Indiana. That's a good offense + offensive line vs a team with huge depth issues on the d-line. I actually think Penn State should in theory be a much easier game as they play waaaaay slower and have a much worse O-Line.

They have hurst, Henry, and wormley as the front line d lineman and Jenkins stone at the 4th spot. Strobel playing seemed like a result of indiana's tempo and crazy long drives coupled with Michigan's relatively fast drives.

Fatigue will test depth, but it's unlikely that they will see the level of fatigue in the coming games. Credit to indiana's line of course. It became a snowball effect. We were forced to play backups, which extended drives, which kept us having to use the depth.

They have hurst, Henry, and wormley as the front line d lineman and Jenkins stone at the 4th spot. Strobel playing seemed like a result of indiana's tempo and crazy long drives coupled with Michigan's relatively fast drives.

Fatigue will test depth, but it's unlikely that they will see the level of fatigue in the coming games. Credit to indiana's line of course. It became a snowball effect. We were forced to play backups, which extended drives, which kept us having to use the depth.

Yeah, against less tempo teams it should be a smaller problem, but I bet Ohio State was watching. Godin + Hurst can't play the entire game inside, so at some point you either have to put Henry in there (which is what I assume will happen) or play Strobel. And they really can't play Strobel vs Ohio State.