Yoda

What kind of shoes do you wear?

I thought this would be an interesting topic, and would say a lot about the types of people we are.

This can include work and/or social.

I'm lucky in that I can wear whatever I want at work. For the most part, I'm almost strictly (95% of the time) a Chuck Taylor guy. In the summer, I get really hot feet. Chucks have almost no padding, which actually really allows your feet to breathe and keep my feet nice and cool. I absolutely love them. And they still look fine when they've aged. An argument could be made that they even look better aged. If I'm doing a lot of walking I'll opt for a more athletic tennis shoe. Sometimes I'll wear a pair of Vans or something of that sort.

In the winter, I opt for more of a padded version. I love the Converse Axels. I own about 20 pairs of shoes but somehow end up wearing these same ones every day.

shoes_ia51870.jpg?preset=details

Shoutout to the Isotoner slipper as well! Love wearing these around the house, and will sometimes even wear them at work. Absolute comfort and warmth.

01-Isotoner-Mens-Microterry-Slipper.jpg

My oldest son's girlfriend is from Brisbane, Australia. She went home last Christmas and brought me back a pair of brown Blundstones, which I wore every day from January until April. For the rest of the year I've usually worn neon slime-green Nike runners with Navy trim, or those black runners that referees wear.

When it's warm enough, almost always those Adidas slide sandals.

When it's cold or I have actual work to do, Nike sneakers. I've tried about every other main brand here and there, the Nike just fit my feet better.

I suppose I might buy a nice pair of boots for the winter if I'm feeling generous towards myself.

My oldest son's girlfriend is from Brisbane, Australia. She went home last Christmas and brought me back a pair of brown Blundstones, which I wore every day from January until April. For the rest of the year I've usually worn neon slime-green Nike runners with Navy trim, or those black runners that referees wear.Blundstone%20Footwear%20Chelsea%20Boot%20(Men).jpg those look really cool and comfortable.

Red Wing steel toe boots and Aissic athletic shoes.

I was having some back issues and learned it was from wearing old shoes. Its worth it to spend big money on shoes.

Red Wing steel toe boots and Aissic athletic shoes.

I was having some back issues and learned it was from wearing old shoes. Its worth it to spend big money on shoes.

I have been wearing my red wing boots since I got them. They are very comfortable, even though I don't usually need a toe cap and static dissipation.

I have been wearing my red wing boots since I got them. They are very comfortable, even though I don't usually need a toe cap and static dissipation.

I've owned several pairs of Red Wing boots and they're phenomenally comfortable. The steel toes I have now are a bit heavy and make it hard to do a lot of walking but when I ride I like to have boots with steel toes. This didn't make the exploration of the sights around Lake Superior earlier this summer quite as fun but I think next year I'll keep my walking shoes easily accessible on the back of the bike.

At work - New Balance slip resistant shoes. Because I'm on my feet all day long and I'm old.

At home - Just bought a pair of Nike shoes that are the most comfortable I've ever worn.

A friend recommended to me that you should always go to an actual shoe store so that the salesman can watch you walk and figure out the right type of shoe for your gait and distribution. If you're going to buy athletic shoes, it is especially important. I went to a store that specializes in running/walking (Gazelle Sports) and got a great pair of shoes. I had been buying athletic shoes off Amazon and it was affecting my health.

Doc Martins are the way to go. I had a pair of those bad boys for over 15 years and they never broke down and the soles never eroded. I wear Timberlands for boots in the winter. I have 2-3 pair of gym shoes I use for working around the yard, but 90% of the time my feet are in my Docs.

I've owned several pairs of Red Wing boots and they're phenomenally comfortable. The steel toes I have now are a bit heavy and make it hard to do a lot of walking but when I ride I like to have boots with steel toes. This didn't make the exploration of the sights around Lake Superior earlier this summer quite as fun but I think next year I'll keep my walking shoes easily accessible on the back of the bike.

Aluminum toes help.

A friend recommended to me that you should always go to an actual shoe store so that the salesman can watch you walk and figure out the right type of shoe for your gait and distribution. If you're going to buy athletic shoes, it is especially important. I went to a store that specializes in running/walking (Gazelle Sports) and got a great pair of shoes. I had been buying athletic shoes off Amazon and it was affecting my health.

I do that the first time but then I get my replacements on Amazon. Seems to work well and tons cheaper.

Summer: flip flops

Winter: Those awesome fleece lined Sperry Topsiders that are comfy like house slippers but you can wear them in public.

Maybe twice a year, heels if I have to attend a wedding or funeral. Unless it's a Catholic wedding or funeral, in which case I wear ballet flats.

Bare footed in the house, a pair of socks on real cold days.

Sandals in the summer and as far into the fall as possible, mule style with some arch support....Merrils, mostly.

Merrill sneakers, for casual wear.

For work, sometimes the sneakers, more often slides, and just got a sharp lookin' pair of comfy low shoes.

Emu ridge boots in the winter for shoveling.

Low heels or ballet slippers for weddings, etc.

Red Wing Chukka boots

2 pairs of Vans

Allen Edmonds Park Avenue when I gotta class it up a bit

Black Rockport Pro Walkers for work related activities. My current sneakers are Nike. I also own a pair of cowboy boots we picked up in Dallas a few years ago. Probably the most comfortable of all.