Nastradamus

Mayhew and Lewand fired!

People really are fascinated with Xanders, despite people hating the drafts we've had under him, other than the first one

People really are fascinated with Xanders, despite people hating the drafts we've had under him, other than the first one

You are correct and I think he will be gone once a new GM is hired.

From article posted:

Five GM Candidates for the Lions

......Nick Caserio, New England Patriots director of player personnel: A key member of the front office for the defending Super Bowl champion. Once interviewed for the Dolphins GM job and is considered a qualified and capable candidate. If the Lions want to make an impact, hiring Caserio would qualify.

Chris Polian, Jacksonville Jaguars director of player personnel: He has the pedigree (his father is former GM and Hall of Famer Bill Polian). If the Lions' ownership believes Jim Caldwell is still the right coach, Polian could be a good candidate to look at. He knows Caldwell from their days together in Indianapolis, so the working relationship would already be in place. He has extensive experience working under his father, but has branched out to help build the Jaguars, who have drafted and acquired a lot of nice pieces the past two seasons.

Eliot Wolf, Green Bay Packers director of player personnel: This would seem a long shot, especially because Wolf, 33, was just promoted to his current role in January, and his family’s deep ties to the Packers. Plus, this is a division rival. But if you’re looking to completely jump-start the organization, he would be an intriguing hire. Like Polian, he has extensive family pedigree and grew up around the game. He also understands what it takes to be successful in the NFL and has done it from a homegrown approach. Age would be a question here -- he’s younger than starting cornerback Rashean Mathis (35) -- but the Lions need to try something different. He’d be it.

Michael Lombardi, Patriots coaching assistant: He was swept out with the regime change in Cleveland after the 2013 season and wasn’t given much of a chance to implement his vision. But coach Bill Belichick clearly likes Lombardi enough to have hired him as a coaching assistant the past two seasons, and he has been described by my colleague Mike Reiss as Belichick’s “right-hand man.” If the Lions really want to be a contender . .

Trent Kirchner, Seattle Seahawks co-director of player personnel: Like Lombardi and Wolf, he'd be coming from a successful organization, and he also has an extensive history as a scout with Carolina. Kirchner has been a large part of a staff with a team that has gone to back-to-back Super Bowls. The Lions would have to wait until the offseason to interview Kirchner, but he could be a good fit as well, considering how well Seattle has drafted and its general shrewdness with making deals for key players. He’s also from the Midwest, having grown up in Minnesota......

Something like Bill Polian as president with Chris Polian as his GM would be cool. They might keep Caldwell though haha

Is Bill Polian retired or does he just love his easy job at ESPN too much to leave it?

Nice. In theory everyone should be at risk, so not surprised to hear that about Stafford. No reason that this organization can't be competitive with competent management. Other than whatever curses still haunt them

Summary of the press conference:

Shelden White is interim GM and must answer directly to Martha Ford

They will do an extensive search for a new GM/Leadership

Congratulations to Shelden White, the Detroit Lions GM for the next eight years.

No Polian's please. If they have ties to Cladwell then no thanks. Clean sweep of all management and coaching needs to happen.

Go and get Nick Casreio from NE.

Edited by JAYB

or Baltimore or Denver or Seattle or Arizona or maybe Carolina.

or anyone else besides a current Lions front office employee

or Baltimore or Denver or Seattle or Arizona or maybe Carolina.

Just because they are from a winning franchise doesn't make them good. What are they in charge of, what decisions do they make?

Just because they are from a winning franchise doesn't make them good. What are they in charge of, what decisions do they make?

Exactly. Ask scott pioli.

Ask every coach who had ever left bellichek.

And i dont want to hear anybody say jimmy johnson.

Would you really reach out to the Assistant GM or Director of Player Personnel from the Browns, Jaguars, Bucs, Bills, etc.?

No Polian's please. If they have ties to Cladwell then no thanks. Clean sweep of all management and coaching needs to happen.

Go and get Nick Casreio from NE.

I wouldn't call him with a job offer, but I would offer him some money to consult on who to hire. I am sure at 72 he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Someone from GB or New England please.

I feel like Bill Belichick is the David Copperfield of coaching. He runs this enormous and successful operation which requires the cooperation of dozens of talented people, but he is the single mastermind behind it, and no one person from the staff knows how the magic gets made.

His coaching tree is unimpressive, and Scott Pioli did not last long in KC either.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2015/01/bill_belichicks_coaching_tree_has_branches_both_fu.html

I'd be encouraged to see the team pull front office talent from the lines of Ron Wolf, Ozzie Newsome, or John Schneider.

I feel like Bill Belichick is the David Copperfield of coaching. He runs this enormous and successful operation which requires the cooperation of dozens of talented people, but he is the single mastermind behind it, and no one person from the staff knows how the magic gets made.......

Smoke and mirrors, hidden cameras, hidden mics, deflated footballs, Old Tuck Rule, etc.

I want to know how good the Patriots and Bellichek are without Brady. Baltimore has been a consistent contender with my OK quarterbacks. Despite the turnover, they usually always manage to have a good defense.

I want to know how good the Patriots and Bellichek are without Brady....

I agree as the only things that have remained the same with the Patriots are Brady, Belichick, and Robert Kraft. The team replaces players and they stay contenders. Once Brady is gone, I wonder if Belichick will retire too.