Nastradamus

Mayhew and Lewand fired!

Uh, ok. At least someone is doing something instead of being resentul in a sports fourm.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, it would just be nice to get an executive that has had more experience in sports than playing tennis and soccer in high school. Generally speaking most teams want actual pro football experience. We have a teacher who is a philanthropist and board sitter. I'm sure she's a very nice person, but so am I and I'm not cut out to run the team either....

At some point during this season, I joked that Martha Ford wanted to see the Lions win a Super Bowl before she passes away. Maybe I wasn't wrong. Who would have thought a 90 year woman would start kicking some backside within the Lions organization? I also joked that she would name herself GM and head coach. Maybe at some point this season it will happen.

76RrdwElnTU

Maybe norman can't even take a little ribbing? Pile it on boys, but know that today we unite...Martha Ford is our new hero.

Amen brother.

Do not f*** with martha.

No one have ever heard her speak publicly. Everything we think we know about her is speculation. It will be cool to hear what her thoughts are regarding the team and her philosophy as an NFL owner.

I was just teasing you. I simply remain skeptical because no one in this family has ever proven they have one iota of an inkling for how to run a football team.

Rapaport reporting that stafford's future with the organization is very much in doubt.

I was just teasing you. I simply remain skeptical because no one in this family has ever proven they have one iota of an inkling for how to run a football team.

Correct, but now we know Martha Ford doesn't mess around like her husband did for a lot of years.

Rapaport reporting that stafford's future with the organization is very much in doubt.

I think he could be correct as a new front office usually picks their QB that they will live/die with.

Why would he work? The ESPN gig has given him time to sit back and plot his next move. I am not sure how being out of the business for 2 years means anything. Also, he wasn't out of it, he was just more of an observer.

Riddick is my number one choice and number 2 doesn't exist. He is the guy that should be given the job. Played under Belichick and Saban, worked under Andy Reid, this is the man you want.

THat's a silly attitude to take

Does anyone know if ESPN or NFL is carrying the press conference live?

Fox Sports Detroit for sure as there is a ticker running on the bottom saying they will cover it when it starts. Not sure about ESPN or NFL.

Fox Sports Detroit for sure as there is a ticker running on the bottom saying they will cover it when it starts. Not sure about ESPN or NFL.

Thanks, didn't think of them.

Summary of the press conference:

Shelden White is interim GM and must answer directly to Martha Ford

They will do an extensive search for a new GM/Leadership

Summary of the press conference:

Shelden White is interim GM and must answer directly to Martha Ford

They will do an extensive search for a new GM/Leadership

What happened with Brian Xanders, any news?