Nastradamus

Mayhew and Lewand fired!

Think this needs its own thread

I supported Mayhew for a while, but bottom line is he had to go after the debacle that was this season.

Normally I against people being fired. But when they make millions of dollars and suck at their job. Happy ****ing day.

Well I owe Martha an apology. She is a better owner than her husband. A playoff berth would have meant 5 years job security for everyone.

We better hear that there is going to be a comprehensive search for the next General Manager and Team President. If they go and name Brian Xanders the next GM without a search them I'm gonna be pissed.

Well I owe Martha an apology. She is a better owner than her husband. A playoff berth would have meant 5 years job security for everyone.

Right, that was what I was thinking, Martha is getting it done.

We better hear that there is going to be a comprehensive search for the next General Manager and Team President. If they go and name Brian Xanders the next GM without a search them I'm gonna be pissed.

He is better than Mayhew. I think there should be a search though. Detroit should be a plum job for a GM, you usually only get 2 coaches on most teams. In Detroit you get at least 3.

Amazing news ! Almost feels as good as a playoff win ! ( Well I don't strictly knows what that feels like )

Martha doesn't mess about, love it. Now please please do an extensive and detailed search for the new people. Presumably this mid season firing does just that. Gives us a little time search whilst the season is still ongoing.

New GM will hire his coach. No point in firing Caldwell

Yes and no. One could argue that Caldwell's continued presence could hard the development of players, though I don't see that as necessarily so.

One could also argue that Caldwell will be thinking short term about looking as good as possible for future job status vs. long term for the team. But with the possible exception of pushing guys a little too hard, I don't see that as highly likely right now either.

I'm honestly really, really surprised. I did NOT expect this to happen now at all. I thought for sure Mayhew would be gone, but figured it wouldn't be until the end of the year. I thought that perhaps Lewand would be kept.

I'm... shocked I guess. Happy, but just surprised. I honestly was getting ready to yell at Nastradamus cause I thought he was making a joke thread. :classic:

Most important part still to come though. What if they hire within again LOL joke ?

Seriously though, why we should have any optimism that they will hire the right people is beyond me but I'll hold out hope anyway. We don't really know what Martha or her daughter will do, but at least not knowing is better than knowing what William Clay Snr would have or have not done.

Does anyone have any stab in the dark suggestions as to a new GM, President and well a new HC as well ? Would like to see some wishlists from those more informed than me.

Not surprising at all. Martha has been hinting at wanting to be a legit team all year long. She also seemed very determined to get out of her husbands shadow of terribleness.

As I said in the game thread this past week, I expected this to happen this week. Martha knows.

Also reporting that Shiela is going to take a more prominent role in the organization, and Bill Jr. will not.