mickeyb105

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: How great was he and how do we measure him vs bigs today?

That's insane about WIlt's blocks

Agreed. The most striking thing to me are the huge block games he had the last few years of his career.

I never doubted him when he said he thought he could come back and play at age 50, but this pretty much solidifies it to me.

Two different types of superior players, for sure. As someone who thoroughly dislikes Malone, I'll probably never give him his complete due even if he had one of the longest primes of any basketball player I've ever seen--if not the longest.

That said, Hakeem's defense is the tie-breaker for me here . . . even if I do not see this as such. Hakeem's deity-like, two-way playoff numbers--on top of back-to-back Finals wins where he was the MVP in each series and reg season MVP in the first--against the likes of Admiral, Ewing, Shaq, Parrish and Kareem seals the deal for me. As a academic History guy I am prone to nostalgia, but I think if you put Hakeem on Malone's two Finals Jordan needs only one hand to wear his ring collection.

Rings and defense give the slight edge to Hakeem for me probably, but Malone's offensive prowess over such a long time is ridiculous.

Even BPM has him as slightly better overall due to a huge offensive lead.