belcherboy

Michigan Recruiting 2016

Here are a few standouts, don't have time to post all of the Calipari dishing from the past.

Pat Forde

Another story points out that "Calipari is the only coach in NCAA history to have trips to the Final Four vacated at two different schools; UMass and Memphis – not exactly the type of thing you want on your resume. "

Doug Gotleib of CBS: "The transparency of the Calitudes is becoming more and more obvious. "Succeed and Proceed" is his cute attempt to change the "One and Done" narrative. I don’t hate Kentucky or Coach Cal, but I hate the effort to cash in on the concept because I hate the concept. I think one and done has done more harm to the overall coachability of college and high school basketball players than anything, with the exception of all the wannabe agent/runners who fill kids’ heads with junk from the moment they get a whiff of interest from the NBA."

College coaches also say that Calipari is the biggest cheater in NCAA hoops. Jealousy can be a stinky cologne, but his peers would know as well as anyone who is cheating and who is not.

Cool. Don't wanna give the impression I thought he was clean, but I didn't know the dirty details

I'm surprised to land a talent the caliber of Gary since they tend to go to the SEC, but I'm not surprised by the caliber of class as a whole that Michigan got. I think most publications have them around 5th in the rankings. When you bring in a Coach and recruiter like Harbaugh and combine it with a big time program with strong academics, history and fan base and you're going to get classes like this.

I'd be more skeptical of wrong doings if this was some unheralded coach taking over a smaller program that never had a history of getting recruits and suddenly they are producing a class like this. But that isn't the case. This is the type of class that big time schools are supposed to get.

I'm surprised to land a talent the caliber of Gary since they tend to go to the SEC, but I'm not surprised by the caliber of class as a whole that Michigan got. I think most publications have them around 5th in the rankings. When you bring in a Coach and recruiter like Harbaugh and combine it with a big time program with strong academics, history and fan base and you're going to get classes like this.

I'd be more skeptical of wrong doings if this was some unheralded coach taking over a smaller program that never had a history of getting recruits and suddenly they are producing a class like this. But that isn't the case. This is the type of class that big time schools are supposed to get.

IMO the publications have ranked Michigan's class a little on the conservative side.

I don't think Harbaugh's staff cheated to get this class, but I do hope they followed every letter of the compliance rules because pundits and power brokers are dying to take the program back down a peg.

The signing for the stars thing was great just to see all the fans/players of rival teams whine about it, knowing full well their school will almost surely rip off the idea themselves next year

Harbaugh talking with Brady about bringing a TB12 event to Ann Arbor.

Best thing about yesterday and the talent added; we FINALLY have a coaching staff that will develop these kids. That is the most exciting part of yesterday.

Gary, Mone, Glasgow in the middle...gonna be fun.

Harbaugh talking with Brady about bringing a TB12 event to Ann Arbor.

Best thing about yesterday and the talent added; we FINALLY have a coaching staff that will develop these kids. That is the most exciting part of yesterday.

Gary, Mone, Glasgow in the middle...gonna be fun.

Yah, that DL with those guys plus Wormley and Charlton should be pretty interesting. We still lack speed at LB and off the edge, but hopefuly they can scheme around it just enough.

Yah, that DL with those guys plus Wormley and Charlton should be pretty interesting. We still lack speed at LB and off the edge, but hopefuly they can scheme around it just enough.

I expect big things from Wormley and Charlton next season, two of my favorite talents on the whole roster. IMO, Wormley is athletic enough to move to the edge but not sure if they want to sacrifice interior depth to do that.

But yeah, expect corner and safety blitzes if they don't find a front-7 edge guy that can get the job done. There is as much speed, skill and athleticism in the secondary right now as I can ever remember.

Watch out for Bush Jr. at OLB, that guy is very explosive and has some of the best feet I've seen at the position. He sheds well and has fluid hips. Could remind us of Ian Gold before it is all said and done. May not be ready next year because he is a little light, but then again he played against some of the best competition in the country last year and maybe he could be good to go with a some hard work in the gym this summer.

I expect big things from Wormley and Charlton next season, two of my favorite talents on the whole roster. IMO, Wormley is athletic enough to move to the edge but not sure if they want to sacrifice interior depth to do that.

But yeah, expect corner and safety blitzes if they don't find a front-7 edge guy that can get the job done. There is as much speed, skill and athleticism in the secondary right now as I can ever remember.

Watch out for Bush Jr. at OLB, that guy is very explosive and has some of the best feet I've seen at the position. He sheds well and has fluid hips. Could remind us of Ian Gold before it is all said and done. May not be ready next year because he is a little light, but then again he played against some of the best competition in the country last year and maybe he could be good to go with a some hard work in the gym this summer.

Yah, I could see Bush playing early for sure and we do have Gedeon. There are certainly candidates for the remaining LB and DE spots, but not sure how many have particularly high ceilings. Should be interesting to see it sort out.

Wish we could trade a QB for an OLB lol

Yah, I could see Bush playing early for sure and we do have Gedeon. There are certainly candidates for the remaining LB and DE spots, but not sure how many have particularly high ceilings. Should be interesting to see it sort out.

Wish we could trade a QB for an OLB lol

Harbaugh and his crew have a lot to work with in most regards, but the LB and DE spots definitely need to be coached up and hard. Guys like Gedeon and Marshall need to become pet projects for their position coaches.

That QB trade idea is a good one. The way kids a transferring these days, and the way the loopholes are explored, a trade almost seems possible even if it isn't called one.

Harbaugh and his crew have a lot to work with in most regards, but the LB and DE spots definitely need to be coached up and hard. Guys like Gedeon and Marshall need to become pet projects for their position coaches.

That QB trade idea is a good one. The way kids a transferring these days, and the way the loopholes are explored, a trade almost seems possible even if it isn't called one.

Yah, Marshall becoming good would really help us out. There's a few sophomores that could possibly help there too I guess.

DE should be fine, you are really only replacing one guy there and it's the solid but not irreplacable RJS. They'll likely play Charlton there, but there's also Marshall, and the possibility of Wormley or even Gary getting snaps outside.

Linebacker is definitely a concern, but the nice thing is that they'll probably only need 2 guys who can play there. I suspect they'll be playing 5 DBs with Peppers as a S/LB pretty much all the time.

DE should be fine, you are really only replacing one guy there and it's the solid but not irreplacable RJS. They'll likely play Charlton there, but there's also Marshall, and the possibility of Wormley or even Gary getting snaps outside.

Linebacker is definitely a concern, but the nice thing is that they'll probably only need 2 guys who can play there. I suspect they'll be playing 5 DBs with Peppers as a S/LB pretty much all the time.

Somewhat true, but I'd love to get someone at least playing to Mario O's level.

I can see all of this happening.

I have no idea what Taco's 10yd time is, but it has to be near elite for his position. Could definitely see him playing DE some.

Somewhat true, but I'd love to get someone at least playing to Mario O's level.

Mario was finally starting to hit his ceiling when he got hurt, feel terrible for the kid. That said RJS did a nice job when given the PT.

Mario was finally starting to hit his ceiling when he got hurt, feel terrible for the kid. That said RJS did a nice job when given the PT.

Fair enough