RedRamage

Has apathy set in yet?

You've all probably heard the old quote about hate NOT being the opposite of love, but rather that apathy is the opposite of love. I think there's a lot of truth to that old line. So, to that end, has apathy set in for you yet re: the Lions?

I watched the first half of the game on DVR, skipping considerably. I think I spent maybe 30 to 40 minutes on the game. I just wasn't interested in the last half.

Unfortunately I'm not totally to the apathetic stage (despite the pathetic team! :classic: ). I still cared enough to watch part of it and still cared enough to get upset by horrible showing. I'm past the point of caring enough that it bothers me when they lose once the game is over, but I still get miffed when I watch 'em. I think two weeks from now I might just skip watching. We'll see how my will power goes. I'm a fan unfortunately so I still root for 'em...

Not for me. I'm truly rooting for as many blowout losses as possible so that there will be as much pressure on Martha Ford as possible to clean house from top to bottom. If they allow Lewand, Mayhew or Caldwell to keep their jobs, then I will become apathetic.

You've all probably heard the old quote about hate NOT being the opposite of love, but rather that apathy is the opposite of love. I think there's a lot of truth to that old line. So, to that end, has apathy set in for you yet re: the Lions?

I watched the first half of the game on DVR, skipping considerably. I think I spent maybe 30 to 40 minutes on the game. I just wasn't interested in the last half.

Unfortunately I'm not totally to the apathetic stage (despite the pathetic team! :classic: ). I still cared enough to watch part of it and still cared enough to get upset by horrible showing. I'm past the point of caring enough that it bothers me when they lose once the game is over, but I still get miffed when I watch 'em. I think two weeks from now I might just skip watching. We'll see how my will power goes. I'm a fan unfortunately so I still root for 'em...

yes - yrs ago really. I am *interested* in the Lions as they are part of the local scenery, but I've been able to watch a lion's game with zero emotional investment for a number of years and would never consider spending money on a ticket, something I could never do with UM games even as much as I hated what Brandon was doing to the program.

Like hg, i want them to lose as many games as possible in as embarassing fashion. Its the only way they MIGHT be able to get good one day. Clean house and start over. Again.

Maybe this time they wont ask mayhew who they should hire as his successor?

Like hg, i want them to lose as many games as possible in as embarassing fashion. Its the only way they MIGHT be able to get good one day. Clean house and start over. Again.

Maybe this time they wont ask mayhew who they should hire as his successor?

Obviously Lewand should replace Mayhew. Not only has he worked under Millen but Mayhew as well. I mean he has to know what not to do. :devious:

Halfway through the first Vikings loss, I knew the season was cooked. The team just had that "loser" look to them so my apathy set in early.

It's ok though. Stress free Sundays are nice.

I do have a preference that they lose the rest of their games so that a full house cleaning would be in order but I'm not holding my breath for either thing to happen.

They will probably go 6-10 with some meaningless wins down the stretch and talk about what that being a building block for the future.

After they started 0-4. I am beginning to get to the point that I won't put much rooting stock in them until the team is sold.

Obviously Lewand should replace Mayhew. Not only has he worked under Millen but Mayhew as well. I mean he has to know what not to do. :devious:

Need to clean out everyone. No pieces of this garbage should be left.

Need to clean out everyone. No pieces of this garbage should be left.

Agreed. This whole front office tree has been in charge for what, 15 years? With very limited success.

Loyalty being the Ford's cup of tea is fine, but they have loyal beyond what any of these guys could ask for with a straight face.

Clean house, hire a new set of people to be loyal to.

How about some loyalty from the Fords to the loyal fans that have enriched that family. WCF Sr's 6 million dollar investment in 1963 is now worth One and a half BILLION dollars. 52years of futility has not worked. Clean house, top to bottom. Keep only players that have real value on the field. They can do this, or remain the biggest laughing stock of a franchise in the league.

......Keep only players that have real value on the field......

If a house cleaning actually happens, who would you guys keep?

I went through the hate stage in the mid-2000's after Millen was given the contract extension. The last four or five years have been apathetic and I enjoy my Sundays more than ever. I'll still watch if I'm home, but I have no feeling one way or the other.

I know this is before the Super Bowl, but in a few years there will be a new picture saying Super Bowl champs. Better times are coming.

635749934181976736-57Lions-060707-photo-wa.jpg

Funny enough Apathy REALLY hit home after the win. It started the Seattle game. I just knew it did not matter that we should have won that game. We didn't...that is SOL. It only took me 24 years of watching every game, every Sunday (missing maybe 5 in that time frame)...luckily I started young so I did not waste my ENTIRE life on this team. I will ALWAYS be a 'fan', but I have lost the fire to care any more.

I know this is before the Super Bowl, but in a few years there will be a new picture saying Super Bowl champs. Better times are coming.

635749934181976736-57Lions-060707-photo-wa.jpg

I have a framed picture in my home "office" of the 1935 Championship Lions. It's right next to the 1935 Championship Tigers. Once of these days I might add a 1935-36 Championship RedWings pic.

That would have been an awesome time to be a sports fan in Detroit. Of course, no internet, no cable, no mobile phones, major economic depression, looming world war... but from a sports fan point of view, the best of times!

City-of-Champions-plaque-P1040617.jpg