Shinma

11/1/15. Lions "at" Chiefs. Week 8, 9:30am FOX.

I just woke up, figured I wouldn't waste my time. Was there ever a reason stated why Abdullah only rushed once? Benched for a fumble or something?

I'm glad we don't have to play TCU, Baylor or OK State this year, they might drop 100 on us.

Those are not good examples of good football teams. They play streetball on turf. It's garbage, can't even call it football.

I just woke up, figured I wouldn't waste my time. Was there ever a reason stated why Abdullah only rushed once? Benched for a fumble or something?

Hey, when Joique Bell is on your team, you sit down, shut up and take notes.

Those are not good examples of good football teams. They play streetball on turf. It's garbage, can't even call it football.

still drop a hundo.

I was just asked by my better half why I just wasted 4 hrs of my life. Wasn't the 1st time I've been asked that.

No, he really has to go now. The team has quit on him, not on Mayhew. Mayhew needs to go, too, but the priority is to get rid of Caldwell.

Nope. You fire Mayhew and Lewand tomorrow, let Xanders run it the rest of the season and then when they do hire a new front office and scouting staff, you let that new GM decide what to do with Caldwell. Martin Mayhew should not be in place for that trade deadline Tuesday - in a desperate effort to save his job he might do something really really stupid - even for him.

last year Csldwell less this team to the second best record it's had in 50 years. . .

Of course, many of those same "experts" said Jim Caldwell was the perfect hire for the Lions, due to his cerebral nature. The Lions have needed Bill Parcells, Mike Ditka types for decades...someone who would put their boot up the players butts if they f*cked up...but all we get are Mohrningwhegs and Caldwells. The front office and ownership is intimidated by strong, proven coaches, that's why we get incompetent losers.

This is why they replaced Wayne Fontes with Bobby Ross, to "put [his] boot up the players butt". All that got them was Barry Sanders leaving. You can't play like this & keep your job, so Caldwell should go. Now. But this whole idea of replacing him with a tough guy is ridiculous drivel.

Nope. You fire Mayhew and Lewand tomorrow, let Xanders run it the rest of the season and then when they do hire a new front office and scouting staff, you let that new GM decide what to do with Caldwell. Martin Mayhew should not be in place for that trade deadline Tuesday - in a desperate effort to save his job he might do something really really stupid - even for him.

Listen, I've already posted that I think Mayhew should be gone tomorrow. I doubt it will happen.

But you cannot let Stafford go out and play behind an OL that has quit, and with a defense that has quit. You have to protect that asset if you are the Fords. You put that asset at risk if you keep running out a coach the players have quit on.

Why not fire all three, let Xanders and Austin take it from here? I just don't understand why it's a "one or the other" proposition, especially after the effort displayed this morning/afternoon in London.

Nobody is mentioning the positives from today's game:

1. The offensive line is improving. They only gave up 6 sacks instead of 7 like last week.

2. Bell looks a lot better compared to being a deadbeat when he played earlier in the season.

3. Caldwell is alive as he challenged a crucial play in the game.

4. Stafford is still alive after taking another beating and he was allowed to observe DanO running the offense which is crucial for the second half of the season.

Why not fire all three, let Xanders and Austin take it from here? I just don't understand why it's a "one or the other" proposition, especially after the effort displayed this morning/afternoon in London.

Somebody has to be left to trade Calvin.

No, he really has to go now. The team has quit on him, not on Mayhew. Mayhew needs to go, too, but the priority is to get rid of Caldwell.

So what if they give up. What do the lions have to lose as an organization? Respect is already out the window. It might even help get better draft position by keeping Caldwell.

We agree they both need to go. I'd prefer a house cleaning.

This is why they replaced Wayne Fontes with Bobby Ross, to "put [his] boot up the players butt". All that got them was Barry Sanders leaving. You can't play like this & keep your job, so Caldwell should go. Now. But this whole idea of replacing him with a tough guy is ridiculous drivel.

Also got them into the playoffs more times than in the history of my life.

Somebody has to be left to trade Calvin.

Xanders could and maybe he has some moves on his mind but can't do much until he is in charge.

Listen, I've already posted that I think Mayhew should be gone tomorrow. I doubt it will happen.

But you cannot let Stafford go out and play behind an OL that has quit, and with a defense that has quit. You have to protect that asset if you are the Fords. You put that asset at risk if you keep running out a coach the players have quit on.

I'd stop running out stafford behind that o line. It's a stupid thing to do at this point.

By absolutely no means can Mayhew be in charge of selecting another non-interim coach.

By absolutely no means can Mayhew be in charge of selecting another non-interim coach.

I don't want him picking an interm coach.

Totally agree. I already said they should fire Mayhew and Caldwell immediately, and bring in a Polian-type to lead a strategic review of the team.

Glad to say I've only watched half an hour total (real time, not game clock time) of the Lions' last 3 games.

Lions got hammered on NFL Sunday Countdown. Cris Carter said it was "disgraceful". Ditka said "worst performing team, on both sides of the ball, that I can remember".

Not worried about this at all

Firing him is fine tho

Offseason plan

Hire a coaching staff who can run the ball. I vote for Mike Shanahan as president(maybe he keeps Xanders or something as GM?) and his son Kyle as HC.

Devote most of your draft and cap resources to the defense.