Shinma

11/1/15. Lions "at" Chiefs. Week 8, 9:30am FOX.

Am I out of my mind or does that rule in fact clearly state that Gores could buy the Lions

"Team owners are now allowed to own teams in multiple major sporting leagues, but those teams need to be in the same city (unless there is no NFL team in the other city)."

"but those teams need to be in the same city (unless there is no NFL team in the other city)."

detroit = detroit

Am I out of my mind or does that rule in fact clearly state that Gores could buy the Lions

"Team owners are now allowed to own teams in multiple major sporting leagues, but those teams need to be in the same city (unless there is no NFL team in the other city)."

"but those teams need to be in the same city (unless there is no NFL team in the other city)."

detroit = detroit

That's exactly what I was thinking. As long as it's within the same city, no problem, or as long as the other team is in a city without an NFL team. Just trying to limit split allegiance I guess.

Now and interesting side question... let's say a hypothetical owner over a basketball team buy the NFL team in the same market, but then moves the basketball team to a different market. Could the NFL force an ownership change?

You guys are correct. I was totally wrong. I read the rule wrong.

Let me see if I got this straight now:

Gores could buy the Lions because the Pistons are in Detroit(Auburn Hills).

Dan Gilbert could NOT buy the Lions because the Cavs are in Cleveland and Cleveland has the Browns, but if Cleveland didn't have the Browns, he could buy the Lions.

I think I have it straight now.

I think Platinum Equity owns the Pistons. Does that help?

Gores bought Platinum Equity's ownership stake and he now owns 100% of the Pistons.

It just happened this summer.

Gores bought Platinum Equity's ownership stake and he now owns 100% of the Pistons.

It just happened this summer.

I did not see that, thanks.

Maybe Matty Moroun can buy the team and rename them the Detroit Bridge. Maybe he can even have the team holdout and obstruct until the NFL promises to objectively call a football game and make late game calls goes the Lio...Bridge way for once.

You guys are correct. I was totally wrong. I read the rule wrong.

Let me see if I got this straight now:

Gores could buy the Lions because the Pistons are in Detroit(Auburn Hills).

Dan Gilbert could NOT buy the Lions because the Cavs are in Cleveland and Cleveland has the Browns, but if Cleveland didn't have the Browns, he could buy the Lions.

I think I have it straight now.

If Gilbert could get the Lions, he'd sell the Cavs in a heartbeat.

Maybe Matty Moroun can buy the team and rename them the Detroit Bridge. Maybe he can even have the team holdout and obstruct until the NFL promises to objectively call a football game and make late game calls goes the Lio...Bridge way for once.

The Bridge is crumbling

No it's not

Yes it is, we have the pieces of it right here

No you don't.

Yes we do, these are pieces of the bridge that have fallen

No they haven't

Yes they have - this is the proof

No it's not.

That's what talking to the Morouns is like. It's like that slimy lawyer that Martin Short used to play, Nathan Thurm

Cigarettes cause cancer

No they don't

There is research proving it

No there isn't.

Maybe Dan Gilbert has some ultimately sinister motive for buying up everything, I don't know, but at least he's getting people and businesses back downtown. He's doing something.

If Gilbert could get the Lions, he'd sell the Cavs in a heartbeat.

He loves Michigan/Detroit that much?

I think he would be a great owner. He does what it takes to win.

Dan Gilbert buying the Lions would be just what the doctor ordered...don't think it will happen and it may not be doable given his stake in the Cavs, but he would make me give this team another look after years of being Lions free.

Given the nba's growing international stature and the nfl's concussion problems, i think the nba team might be a better long term investment.

Especially if your nfl investment is the sad sack lions.