Shinma

11/1/15. Lions "at" Chiefs. Week 8, 9:30am FOX.

The Lions are 1-11-1 all time on November 1st.

WqnW2gs.jpg

RZftQvV.gif

Presents the following thread:

1Ky3n0b.jpgATlOb7oz6.png

(1-6) @ (2-5)

Your Detroit Lions

at

The Kansas City Chiefs

hITYXeu.jpg

NFC Conference

Week 8

Date: November 1st, 2015

Time: 9:30am EST

This game is a presentation of:

GvgtjbR.png?1

Television Broadcast Provided by:

gkyT6ZZ.png?1

FOX

Radio Broadcast Provided by:

mqn3jae.jpg

Lions Chiefs NFL.com preview:

kyYju3XFA0E

Bridgewater, Vikings rally to drop Lions

DETROIT -- Teddy Bridgewater dropped back, lofted a long pass and Stefon Diggs did the rest. Diggs leaped from just inside the 5 and landed in the end zone with a 36-yard, go-ahead touchdown in the third quarter, helping the Minnesota Vikings rally for a 28-19 win over the Detroit Lions on Sunday.

"I thought it was going to be a little bit out of my reach," Diggs recalled. "So, I didn't try to run under it. Usually, I just try to run under it. I was just trying to lay out for it." The Vikings (4-2) won an NFC North road game for the first time in three years, and Bridgewater gave second-year coach Mike Zimmer the game ball. "We are all so excited to give him first road win in the division," Bridgewater said.

With a big-play receiver like Diggs, the Vikings may have an easier time on the road this season. The rookie had six receptions for 108 yards, giving him 19 catches for 324 yards in three games after being inactive for the first three games. Diggs and Anquan Boldin, who made his debut with the Arizona Cardinals in 2003, are the only NFL players since at least 1960 to have that many catches and yards receiving in their first three games, according to STATS.

"You have to love that guy because he's so energetic and so excited about playing in the NFL," Bridgewater said. "Even (Saturday) at our walkthrough, when everyone was at walking tempo, he was running at full speed. That's just how he is." Detroit (1-6) had an 11-point lead after Matthew Stafford threw for TDs on its first two drives, but blew it in large part because the offensive line couldn't protect the quarterback. Minnesota had a season-high seven sacks, which also was a season worst for Detroit.

"Anything that doesn't go well, I'm concerned about it," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. "We had a number of things that didn't go well." The Lions led 17-6 on Matt Prater's 52-yard field goal late in the first half. "Everyone told us that this team couldn't win a road divisional game, so this was big for us," Zimmer said. "We didn't give them anything in the second half, and that was huge."

Bridgewater had his best passer rating of the season in last month's 26-16 win against the Lions, and was solid again in the rematch. Bridgewater was 25 of 35, connecting with 11 teammates, for a season-high 316 yards. The first of his two TD passes was a 1-yard toss to Kyle Rudolph that got Minnesota within five late in the second quarter. Blair Walsh's 51-yard field goal ended the first half and cut Detroit's lead to 17-15.

Adrian Peterson ran for 98 yards on 19 carries, including a 75-yard run. He played a day after being listed as questionable and scoffed at a report that indicated his illness stemmed from swallowing chewing tobacco.

"I've been dipping for over 10 years and I'm immune to swallowing dip when I need to," Peterson said. "I think it was something I ate." The Lions had a chance to make the final minutes potentially dramatic, but turned the ball over on downs at the Vikings 1.

Minnesota had punter Jeff Locke run out of the end zone on the ensuing possession, taking a safety to stay two scores ahead with a 28-19 lead with 59 seconds left. Detroit drove to the Vikings 36 on its final drive before turning the ball over on downs again, and getting booed by the sparse crowd that was still in Ford Field.

Stafford didn't have much time to throw after a strong start. He capped the opening 75-yard drive with a 1-yard TD pass to Calvin Johnson. He connected with Eric Ebron on a 7-yard scoring pass to end an 80-yard drive on his next possession. The rest of the game, he was getting sacked, hit and hurried.

Stafford finished 18 of 26 for 256 yards, and needed X-rays on his left hand. "I think it's fine," he said.

Notes:

Last year, the Detroit Lions had some complaints about the turf at London's Wembley Stadium during their visit across the pond.

This year -- with a Sunday date against the Chiefs looming in London -- they've taken the no more excuses approach. At least one member of the Lions thought it was appropriate to take a dig at their division rivals.

Calvin Johnson on Wembley field: "I'm not really worried about it. I've played on worse fields, like Chicago."

Turf heat aside, the one thing that'll be important for Detroit over these next few weeks is keeping a sense of humor and competitive edge, which is what Johnson seems to have done here.

So often with talented vets who are nearing the end -- or are at least closer to the end than the beginning -- there is a prickliness that develops when their team feels so far away from the Super Bowl they've always wanted to win.

The Lions have the worst record in the NFL and just fired their offensive coordinator, Joe Lombardi. Their new offensive coordinator is Jim Bob Cooter, and he's never been a play-caller at any level before -- which might end up working well in his favor, but certainly did not for Lombardi.

We're hoping to one day see Johnson in the Super Bowl if only because it seems like the right way for him to go out. If not, we can at least remember small moments like these, moments of ease amid some pretty serious headaches, that defined his relaxed spirit.

NFC North Standings:

Green Bay (6-0) 1.00

Minnesota (4-2) .667

Chicago (2-4) .333

Detroit (1-6) .143

Lions Injury News:

Stephen Tulloch LB Illness Full Participation in Practice Probable

DeAndre Levy LB Hip Did Not Participate In Practice Out

Joique Bell RB Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable

Brandon Pettigrew TE Elbow Full Participation in Practice Probable

Matthew Stafford QB Quadricep Full Participation in Practice Probable

Rashean Mathis CB Illness Limited Participation in Practice Probable

Sam Martin P left Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable

Calvin Johnson WR Not Injury Related Full Participation in Practice Probable

LaAdrian Waddle T Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Chiefs Injury News:

Joshua Mauga LB Groin Full Participation in Practice Probable

Ramik Wilson LB Ankle Out (Definitely Will Not Play) Out

Travis Kelce TE Groin Full Participation in Practice Probable

Tamba Hali LB Knee Full Participation in Practice Questionable

Mike Devito DE Concussion Out (Definitely Will Not Play) Out

Dontari Poe DT Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable

Alex Smith QB right Thumb Full Participation in Practice Probable

Charcandrick West RB Pectoral Full Participation in Practice Probable

Ben Grubbs G Neck Out (Definitely Will Not Play) Out

Jeremy Maclin WR Concussion Full Participation in Practice Probable

hMDbPbq.jpg?1

I know some people hate playing for draft position, but at this point, play for it. Get a better pick and be able to flip it down for more assets.

I know some people hate playing for draft position, but at this point, play for it. Get a better pick and be able to flip it down for more assets.

Even people who don't like playing for player draft position might be OK with playing for a management 'draft' ....:ponder:

I really dislike early whistles. Let the play finish. Should have had a fumble on the Chief's first play.

Decent first drive. 32 yard run, by Joique Bell, no less, and they came away with points.

I was stunned by the Fox graphic that said Matt Stafford is the league's best red zone passer this season, with 10/0 TD/INT ratio, and passer rating over 110.

Decent first drive. 32 yard run, by Joique Bell, no less, and they came away with points.

I was stunned by the Fox graphic that said Matt Stafford is the league's best red zone passer this season, with 10/0 TD/INT ratio, and passer rating over 110.

Fluke? Or the result of a better playbook in the RZ?

LOLions. 3rd and 10 and the new OC calls a bubble screen in rememberance of Lombardi and then the the Swiss cheese defense shows up on the first series.

This will be a blowout.

Fluke? Or the result of a better playbook in the RZ?

It's a good question. I'd guess the red zone is more dependent on making throws into tight windows, which Stafford excels at, and at receivers physically beating defenders one-on-one, which CJ excels at (and which Ebron has done as well).

Special teams failures again.

How hard is it to find a place kicker who can boot the thing through the end zone? And if you're Abdullah, you just have to stop making mistakes for a few games.

Im at a place where I couldnt care less if the team just moved somewhere else. Hot garbage. Im swearing off the NFL.

What an awful throw by stafford. Never looked anywhere else except for where the Chiefs were playing smothering defense. Stafford has looked bad.

Special teams failures again.

How hard is it to find a place kicker who can boot the thing through the end zone? And if you're Abdullah, you just have to stop making mistakes for a few games.

I was very sour on the pick and thought I was going to have to eat a bunch of crow after a solid preseason and first game...now he is showcasing many of the negative attributes that made me not want him in the first place. Hopefully he can get back to proving me wrong...I would love to have gotten Thomas Rawls as an UDFA and then someone else in the 2nd round (preferably secondary).

Excellent play by Tulloch, he has really stepped up his game from the first few games.

What an awful throw by stafford. Never looked anywhere else except for where the Chiefs were playing smothering defense. Stafford has looked bad.

If we had a team full of Stafford's we would win the Super Bowl every year according to Mayhew... :cheeky:

If we had a team full of Stafford's we would win the Super Bowl every year according to Mayhew... :cheeky:

Because every team does. Look at New England and their 22 Tom Brady's or Cincinnati and their 22 Andy Dalton's.

Great job Ebron. . .

That wasn't ebron. Stafford threw it as hard he could as his knees. make the ****ing play stafford.