Sydney_Fife

Game 2: Jazz @ Pistons

Why is Tolliver getting so much run?

I was okay with Tolliver last year. We were awful and I was sick of watching the Monroe/Drummond combo get us nowhere. But I have some hope to at least start this season and I also would rather not see him out there. SVG is a big fan though so I would imagine it will take some time for him to play himself out of the rotation.

Drummond has found a way to score on post feeds tonight...just use your strength to push the defender deep under the basket until you have a 1 foot shot.

Does this Jackson always play this out of control? If he does. its another bad contract.

I think he's trying to hard but will settle in, he's got a lot of talent, super finisher for a guard, just like when he came in last year, just trying to hard, once he settles in he will be ok.

Nice KCP showed up at the end, showing some leadership. Great win, struggled through and still had enough to get it done.

I think he's trying to hard but will settle in, he's got a lot of talent, super finisher for a guard, just like when he came in last year, just trying to hard, once he settles in he will be ok.

I agree with this. He has been a little hesitant at times in the early going and seems to be finding his way as the big money player on this team while also trying to keep everyone involved and remain unselfish. But he is not a pass first point guard. For him to be at his best, he does need to be a little more aggressive getting shots and that will come.

I do love our balanced scoring in the early going. Not really one guy you key on. That hurts in crunch time when there is nobody to go to and that is when Jackson needs to take over.

That's 2 straight games when the offense bogged down late in the 4th with Reggie Jackson hogging the ball and making bad decisions. They are going to lose most games playing this way down the stretch, kind of lucked out that Utah missed some open shots but with this Pistons team, you take the 2-0 and run with it.

I'm hoping that Jackson can be the go to guy eventually but he's got to be better than this. In a way, the Pistons could use Jennings in a game like this to give them a scoring option down the stretch.

Drummond is now 14-21 from the free throw line. Did he actually learn how to shoot free throws or is this just beginner's luck to start the season?

Reggie was awful for most of the game, but he did make the game winner. Got to give him credit for that. And the Jazz probably have the two worst defensive point guards in basketball and Reggie still couldn't shake them. The Jazz point guards are so bad that Utah didn't even play with a point guard for most of the 4th quarter.

Hayward was schooling Stanley. Can't just bulldog past NBA players, Stan.

Andre with 6 straight free throws! And then proceeded to brick two off the backboard.

KCP lets guys drive by him a whole lot.

On the bright side, KCP has finally found some confidence on offense. That shot that was always really pretty is finally going in the basket.

Good win. Then again, is there such a thing as a bad win?

Some notes around the league:

Knicks blow out Greg Monroe's Bucks. Even though Monroe has 21 and 14.

Emmanuel Mundiay with the triple double. 17 points, 10 assists.....and 11 turnovers.

Nice KCP showed up at the end, showing some leadership. Great win, struggled through and still had enough to get it done.

4th quarter looked pretty ugly for both teams. Sort of one long scramble - I'm not sure either team even took a baseline jumper in the 4th.

Drummond is now 14-21 from the free throw line. Did he actually learn how to shoot free throws or is this just beginner's luck to start the season?

Hard to tell. He's always had good form and a lot of the free throws were straight on but I'd say that this percentage is unsustainable considering his history so probably a bit of both.

If Drummond learns to make 60% from FT, we are going to be very interesting

This team's going to trade for some type of scoring guard off the bench IMO.

Hell I'll take 55% from Drummond.

Yes

If Drummond learns to make 60% from FT, we are going to be very interesting

This team's going to trade for some type of scoring guard off the bench IMO.

Or just wait for Jennings to return. Not a fan of him but the one thing he can do is score in bunches when he's on.

Or just wait for Jennings to return. Not a fan of him but the one thing he can do is score in bunches when he's on.

Maybe, but I have a feeling this team makes a move to boost the bench. Hopefully Johnson doesn't shoot 30% all year