Sydney_Fife

Game 1: Pistons @ Hawks

Good on the road, unfortunately it is the last 5 minutes that count, ATL should pull this out at their home. Andre is sleepwalking out there, he's got to get his emotions under control a bit, seems he got down after the first few misses and went into a shell. Yea I think it's only a matter of time before Meeks is replaced by Bullock.

Good on the road, unfortunately it is the last 5 minutes that count, ATL should pull this out at their home. Andre is sleepwalking out there, he's got to get his emotions under control a bit, seems he got down after the first few misses and went into a shell. Yea I think it's only a matter of time before Meeks is replaced by Bullock.

Agreed on all of this. Andre visibly mopey in the 2nd after his offensive touches dried up. Would love to see Bullock in the 2nd half, even if it is together with Meeks and SJ. Make SJ run the offense for the second team, and have Meeks "guard" Schroeder--he couldn't do any worse than Blake did.

I bought into the Meeks hype when we signed him. Still hoping he can carve out a role as a shooter off the bench. He is better than he showed last year. Not going to be improving on his last year with the Lakers though, which was my hope going into last year. The injury certainly held him back as well.

KCP's shot is really rainbowing tonight. Lots of arc on that thing. This has always been a staple of his but tonight more than usual.

KCP looks great tonight

Yeah...I have been critical of him because I thought he underachieved last year but he is showing something tonight. The key will be can he bring it on a consistent basis.

Yeah...I have been critical of him because I thought he underachieved last year but he is showing something tonight. The key will be can he bring it on a consistent basis.

KCP is killing it on defense, Korver just got his first hoop.

Agreed on all of this. Andre visibly mopey in the 2nd after his offensive touches dried up. Would love to see Bullock in the 2nd half, even if it is together with Meeks and SJ. Make SJ run the offense for the second team, and have Meeks "guard" Schroeder--he couldn't do any worse than Blake did.

I'd like to see a Spencer-Bullock-SJ 2nd unit, if we're looking for defense. Is Meeks better than Spencer on D?

Spencer and SJ could share play-making responsibilities... I think it'd be too tough on SJ to handle everything if it's Meeks, not Spencer or Blake...

LOLHAWKS. It's like people forgot that Atlanta were an overachieving group of asshats last year.

Bringing back asshat into the vernacular you ask? You know it.

1. More asshat. 2. I think losing Carroll is gonna be huge for Atlanta this year. He did a lot of things that made other players look better.

Atlanta will take a step back but the Pistons have shot the lights out tonight. It will probably be one of our better shooting games of the year. Hope we can hang onto this lead for one more quarter.

Drummond 5-8 from the line...what a bonus that would be this year if he can shoot near 60%. The stroke looks better too. He doesn't need to develop a post game to become a much better player; if he can just hit free throws, he would improve this team greatly.

To flesh that 2nd unit idea out...

If it's offense, I go Blake-Bullock-SJ-Ilyasova-AD. Maybe Meeks if truly not worried about defense at all, o/w, Bullock for 3 and D.

If it's defense, I go Spencer-Bullock-SJ-Morris-Baynes. (Gotta give AD a rest somewhere, and I think he works better with Blake than with Spencer...)

Right, lets not do the mass sub this half like in the first, too many guys cold off the bench, that's when ATL took off. Keep Morris in he seems like the only one who can guard Milsaps.

Right, lets not do the mass sub this half like in the first, too many guys cold off the bench, that's when ATL took off. Keep Morris in he seems like the only one who can guard Milsaps.

Then go with the defensive 2nd unit, and keep Morris in there.

Leave Blake & Meeks on the bench...

Finally, Blake does something positive.

Ilyasova has looked great also even then he has been overshadowed by other guys.

Is Schroder the best backup PG in the NBA?

If we ever catch Charlotte or Atlanta in dump-mode...

I'd offer some draft picks to get Schroder (a 1st and 2 or 3 2nds) or Jeremy Lin (a couple 2nds...).

Unless we think we can pull in a Schroder with our next draft pick...

I'm fine with Blake, Spencer, and maybe BJ this year... but BJ will be gone, and Blake is getting too old for a long-term solution...

Yea, well you aren't going to get Schroder for a 1st and a 2nd, Hawks probably rather move Teague anyway, he's not on par athletically with Schroder.

Yea, well you aren't going to get Schroder for a 1st and a 2nd, Hawks probably rather move Teague anyway, he's not on par athletically with Schroder.

Teague is prime-trade material for ATL.