hail2mich

GDT: #15 Michigan at Minnesota 10/31/2015

Battle for the Little Brown Jug

Brown-Jug-minnesota-michigan.jpg

Live From TCF Bank Stadium

UniversityofMinnesotaTCFBankStadium-Minneapolis-SighlinesDusk-990x465.jpg

Michigan%20Logo_zpsd8ky9wql.png

#15 Michigan (5-2, 2-1) v. Minnesota (4-3, 1-2)

Day: Saturday

Date: October 31, 2015

Time: 7:00 PM EST

TV: ESPN

Last Week: Both teams coming off BYE weeks

Series Record: Michigan leads, 73-25-3

Minnesota%20Stats_zpssdvhuvpo.png

minnesota%20games_zpsxtqn3rxg.png

A Classic

Ko2ZkoE5BT4

Best win against Minnesota was the Nick Sheridan game. So ridiculous and unlikely. Probably the one bright spot of that entire year.

Best win against Minnesota was the Nick Sheridan game. So ridiculous and unlikely. Probably the one bright spot of that entire year.

The Wisconsin comeback that year was fun. Ugly first half but pretty exciting finish.

The Wisconsin comeback that year was fun. Ugly first half but pretty exciting finish.

It was a fun finish but a pretty awful performance overall.

That covers two of the wins. I'm not too interested in trying to look up what the third was.

It was a fun finish but a pretty awful performance overall.

That covers two of the wins. I'm not too interested in trying to look up what the third was.

Miami of Ohio I think?

Go Blue!

Jerry Kil is quitting !!!!

I gather he had two seizures yesterday. That man has dealt with a lot in his career.

Over/Under on the number deep pass attempts blue? The Gopher's strength is their secondary but I'm sure that UM has worked on a better vertical game all week.

Has Rudock completed a deep pass yet? I can only think of a couple passes to Butt and Darboh for around 25-30 yards, in which there were some YACs, but nothing too deep.

I've been watching some old highlights this week (including that '03 game against Minnesota), and man do I miss having a guy like Henne or Navarre who could hit a deep ball every once in awhile. A legitimate threat at QB on this team will be quite special.

Has Rudock completed a deep pass yet? I can only think of a couple passes to Butt and Darboh for around 25-30 yards, in which there were some YACs, but nothing too deep.

I've been watching some old highlights this week (including that '03 game against Minnesota), and man do I miss having a guy like Henne or Navarre who could hit a deep ball every once in awhile. A legitimate threat at QB on this team will be quite special.

Going by memory I don't think Rudock has completed a deep pass. I really expected much more from him, at least to be able to do enough to keep defenses honest.

I can't think of one either, but honestly I'm usually drunk when I watch

I think mgoblog has been keeping track of it and there have been no passes over 30 yards completed.

Rudock has literally been one of the worst starting QBs in major college football, so I'm not expecting much. Says a lot about how bad Shane Morris is as well. #saveuso'korn

Rudock has literally been one of the worst starting QBs in major college football, so I'm not expecting much. Says a lot about how bad Shane Morris is as well. #saveuso'korn

I still think Rudock starts because of experience. He is less likely to make mistakes than a guy with as little game time as Morris. So far, that's been largely true. It just took until State to see what his inability to make plays costs them. I also wonder if this offense was in year three of the system and the OL, RBs and WRs were established, if it would have been easier to plug in a young QB.

Is ESPN going to cut into this Oklahoma-Texas game? Oops just announced U of M starting on ESPN 3. Now to find it.

Edit; Drats. ESPN3 is WatchESPN. Stream only after installing the app. Regular ESPN will probably put it on before I install the app, sign into Comcast and find the game. Reason 3488521 why I dislike ESPN and Comcast.

Edited by Sports_Freak

FWIW..I mentioned this in an earlier thread, & someone said the plan is to redshirt Morris this year for the purposes of him leaving & finding another program to play for. I don't know where they got their info, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sometimes I wonder what Rudock is looking for. Had an open receiver in the flat on third down, and just looked through him.

TD Minnesota. Come on, this shouldn't be that close.