Shinma

10/25/15. Vikings at Lions. Week 7, FOX, 1:05pm.

Well, this season was over when we were 0-4. At 0-5 for sure. It's just do depressing being out of the playoffs before Halloween. It's something I'll never get used to even though it seems like most years, it's the case. Fire them all, move to L.A. and give us a franchise team in a couple of years. It can't be any worse, can it? Do the Fords even care? If so, action must be taken.

No one else cares because we keep showing up. Look how long Millen lasted.

Miami fires their coach and they virtually a new team.. The Ford's just don't get it. Probably never will.

I have witnessed a lot of terrible performances by offensive lines, but today's performance by the Lion's pathetic offenive line ranks at the top of patheticness. If this line continues to play this terrible, they will not win again this season. No QB in the NFL would be able to do anything behind this garbage line.

After the Lions lose next week, it would be nice if someone would get canned to show that the front office, ownership, etc. is alive.

On another note, ex-Lion, Dan Campbell is 2-0 as a head coach.

No one else cares because we keep showing up. Look how long Millen lasted.

Miami fires their coach and they virtually a new team.. The Ford's just don't get it. Probably never will.

Only one thing will work, Boycott! The Fords must go.

After that 1st quarter our coaching was embarrassing in all facets of the game. They couldn't adjust on offense or defense. And for Caldwell's part, he couldn't even get the right personel on the field to start after a kickoff. And take the field goal, nope, he passes that up too. A bad coach effort all around.

I agree and you are putting it nicely. There was ZERO coaching after the first quarter. Just terrible.

And the next GM should be absolutely will to part with any and every player he can, including Golden, Calvin and Matt.

My guess is they all would love to be traded.

I can't imagine for highly competitive athletes an NFL team that would be less desirable to play for than the Lions.

My guess is they all would love to be traded.

I can't imagine for highly competitive athletes an NFL team that would be less desirable to play for than the Lions.

I'm wondering if/when Stafford's agent starts hammering the front office for scheme changes. He is getting hammered, and with one, maybe two, lucrative contract opportunities left in his career, he can't afford to get physically destroyed like this.

No-no, no, no, no. Wins matter, not draft picks.

Wins matter if we want Mayhew to get extended. We do not want that.

Just get the #1 pick at this point.

The way the Lions offensive line looks, there is about a 99.9999% chance that the Lions will get the #1 pick.

I have witnessed a lot of terrible performances by offensive lines, but today's performance by the Lion's pathetic offenive line ranks at the top of patheticness. If this line continues to play this terrible, they will not win again this season. No QB in the NFL would be able to do anything behind this garbage line.

After the Lions lose next week, it would be nice if someone would get canned to show that the front office, ownership, etc. is alive.

On another note, ex-Lion, Dan Campbell is 2-0 as a head coach.

The Fords need to fire themselves and IPO the team into a civic trust like the Packers. But of course the NFL doesn't allow that anymore...:confused:

Whether you or Matt Millen or Martin Mayhew accept it or not, the NFL is not the same as fantasy football. It's not even the same as the NBA. You do not win by getting the #1 pick, or by accumulating a lot of shiny toys.

The team will not get better unless or until this young OL figures out how to play together. If that ever happens (which grows less likely by the week), there is enough talent that the team will win some games - and lose draft position. That is a trade I would make.

And anyone who thinks there is some connection between how the team finishes and the likelihood of changes to front office and coaching staff hasn't been paying attention.

I think the Lions will win next week and you will have alot of fans back on the wagon. That happened after last week. Stafford with the amazing speech. They still played like crap i thought. They had to go to OT to beat a terrible CHI team. I think they will win next week because its the lions, and itll continue to be more of the same.

"We have a game plan and we go out practice it and try to be as perfect as we can be when the game comes around," Warford said. "But when they adjust to certain things that we can't pick up, it's just hard. There's not a whole lot you can do about it sometimes."

Detroit Lions have no answers for inability to correct pass protection woes | MLive.com

so first we have teams knowing what the Lions are running, then we have a staff that can't coach an offense into in game adjustments to what the D is doing. Apparently they need a whole week of practice to implement the kind of in game response the average NFL team accomplishes on the fly. "We can't pick it up", "Not a whole lot you can do"

Are you freaking kidding me? The only question I have is how a staff this inept could ever have had a winning season. They were *that* dependent on Raiola calling the blocking that they either can't figure it out without him or don't have any other player capable of recognizing a defense when they look at it?

You can only assume that either a failed "Wonderlic" has been a pre-requisite for every lineman they sign, or else the coaches themselves are morons. Either way, a lot of incompetence suffusing the organization.

I think the Lions will win next week and you will have alot of fans back on the wagon......

Any smart NFL team will mix up their blitzes on the Lions because they know their offensive line is pathetic. KC will bring the heat to make it tough for Stafford again.

Is something wrong with Tate? It looks like his mind is not in the game.

After the Lions lose next week, it would be great if Caldwell is fired and Austin is promoted to head coach for the rest of the season.

I was listening earlier to Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, and Willie Mcguinness talk about how players naturally adopt the disposition of their head coach. They didn't mention Caldwell, but you can almost see how he's infecting everyone with his own complacency, just as Schwartz did with his hothead outbursts

Any smart NFL team will mix up their blitzes on the Lions because they know their offensive line is pathetic. KC will bring the heat to make it tough for Stafford again.

After the Lions lose next week, it would be great if Caldwell is fired and Austin is promoted to head coach for the rest of the season.

Tate is the only real winner on this team. Real winners don't accept losing. That's whats wrong with tate. He don't fit in here.

lol.

I think the only ones who want wins at this point is Mayhew and the coaching staff. I doubt the players even care anymore to be honest.

Most guys are just playing for jobs at this point.

I called this back in Week 2. Tate's head hasn't been in the game since early season and it happened before the losing really set in. He started pouting midway through the Minnesota game and hasn't stopped since. And to the poster above who is calling him a winner? Winners don't pout when the going gets tough, winners don't give up during the game. He's more of a whiner than a winner.

Either he doesn't want to be in Detroit, which is odd considering the fact that he chose to sign here and just came off of an 11-5 season, or it could be something personal going on with him. I predict that he'll ask to be dealt in the offseason. I'm semi-surprised that he didn't ask for a contract restructuring coming off of a career season, he just seemed like that kind of guy.

Edited by NYLion

Just like the previous coach staff. The game plan looks good at the start and the minute the other coaching staff makes any kind of adjustment, our staff doesn't have the team prepared to adjust back. Yesterday, we got picked apart by Teddy Bridgewater and our secondary once again made a mediocre QB look like a stud because in this case, our DC couldn't adjust.

Why do people like teryl austin so much? Why do people assume he would be a good nfl head coach?

The defense was great last year when suh and fairley were playing together. The defense was still pretty good after fairley went out, but much of that was suh, and levy stepping up.

Now without suh levy and fairley the defense is ****. So why is austin suddenly everyone's flavor of the month to be the next head coach?

I dont want anyone associated with this team to stay in in any management capacity. If youre going to burn it down and start over then burn the whole thing down. New gm, new scouts, new coach, etc.