Shinma

10/18/15. Bears at Lions. Week 6. Fox, 1:00 pm.

I know objective numbers are a ridiculous thing to base an argument on and all, but like I said, they have the worst defense in the league and the 7th worst offense. We were in the SD,Denver and Seattle games but we don't get any brownie points for it, nor does Caldwell I'm guessing.

They were down 31-16 to the Packers and tacked on a garbage TD at the end, then lost their next two games by a combined 50 points while being shut out in one of them. They won the next two games over bad teams by a combined 3 points. Then they lost to an 0-5 team. Tell me what I'm missing by not watching them oh so religiously.

The Bears have no talent. The most talented guy they have is probably Forte, and he looks like he might be done. Jeffry is ok too but this is the first game he's played. I watched them last year too and they were the worst team in football.

They lost to Arizona and Seattle without Cutler so you shouldn't really count those. And do you really want to compare the Arizona-Bears game and the Arizona-Lions game? In one Cutler got hurt, in the other Stafford had to be benched because he was so terrible. With Cutler they're 2-2 with losses to the Packers and the Lions. The same Lions who I was told by none other than you would be putting up 30 points a game on offense. So they must be pretty talented, right? And the Lions played TERRIBLY against the Bears and had to pull it out of their behinds in the end. Wouldn't a team that was well coached not make those types of mistakes over and over and over again?

Fox took Carolina to the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme as his QB and was there for the Payton Manning retirement tour Super Bowl. He's a good coach.

Again, the Bears were picked to go 3-13 and be the worst team in football. The Lions were picked by many around here to be 13-3 and a Super Bowl contender. How is Caldwell a better coach for taking a team with more talent to a worse record?

But this really is a silly argument since they both suck. Hopefully the Bears lose all the rest of their games and the Lions win all the rest of theirs.

But this really is a silly argument since they both suck. Hopefully the Bears lose all the rest of their games and the Lions win all the rest of theirs.

Correct and I am happy the Lions won the battle of who sucks less on the field.

The Bears have no talent. The most talented guy they have is probably Forte, and he looks like he might be done. Jeffry is ok too but this is the first game he's played. I watched them last year too and they were the worst team in football.

They lost to Arizona and Seattle without Cutler so you shouldn't really count those. And do you really want to compare the Arizona-Bears game and the Arizona-Lions game? In one Cutler got hurt, in the other Stafford had to be benched because he was so terrible. With Cutler they're 2-2 with losses to the Packers and the Lions. The same Lions who I was told by none other than you would be putting up 30 points a game on offense. So they must be pretty talented, right? And the Lions played TERRIBLY against the Bears and had to pull it out of their behinds in the end. Wouldn't a team that was well coached not make those types of mistakes over and over and over again?

Fox took Carolina to the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme as his QB and was there for the Payton Manning retirement tour Super Bowl. He's a good coach.

Again, the Bears were picked to go 3-13 and be the worst team in football. The Lions were picked by many around here to be 13-3 and a Super Bowl contender. How is Caldwell a better coach for taking a team with more talent to a worse record?

I didn't say we'd score 30 ppg, I said I'd be upset if we didn't. I'm upset.

I simply think the Bears are playing pretty similarly to what their talent suggests they should. They have a good amount of it on offense when healthy. But basically, your second post sums it up

Fox is a better coach than Caldwell, but the Bears are really lucky to have 2 wins. Wouldn't surprise me if they only win one more game the rest of the season (Lions @ home)

Correct and I am happy the Lions won the battle of who sucks less on the field.

I feel good after a win that's played very sloppy early in the season or if my team has a very good record.

An 0-5 team winning in OT at home against one of the basement teams in the NFL?

Not so much. With a good record or early in the season, I always say it's better to win a game when committing turnovers and penalties than it is to lose them. It's something you know you need to work on and it should be easier with wins. But with our dismal start, I don't want to hear about turning any corners or learning so much....

This season is over. They would need to go 9-1 the rest of the season to even have a chance of getting a playoff road game. And does anyone see them doing that?

We started the season with 3 out of 4 on the road. We end the last 4 games the same way. I'm wondering if it's going to be a double digit loss season? Going from 11 wins to 11 losses? Well, it IS the Lions.....