Shinma

10/18/15. Bears at Lions. Week 6. Fox, 1:00 pm.

Yeah, Lions got lucky.

I think the Lions most definitely got some huge calls that went their way today. That Tate TD is still a mystery to me, we took advantage of a very weak roughing the passer penalty, and if you watch the replay Wright had a very clear hold. Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not. This was just an ugly game overall.

Those three plays which were all VERY questionable directly resulted in 17 points. Two of which directly resulted in us taking the lead and then winning the game. I would be upset with the refs if I were a Bears fan, you of all people should sympathize with that sentiment.

Edited by EchO

I think the Lions most definitely got some huge calls that went their way today. That Tate TD is still a mystery to me, and if you watch the replay Wright had a very clear hold. Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not. This was just an ugly game overall.

Granted, but they also got hosed on some calls... the "block" from CJ that negated Tate's TD and the punt "muff" where the guy was clearly pushed into the ball.

I think the Lions most definitely got some huge calls that went their way today. That Tate TD is still a mystery to me, and if you watch the replay Wright had a very clear hold. Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not. This was just an ugly game overall.

The Bears were holding all day. They tackled Riddick as the tried to get out in the flat for a screen earlier too.

Frankly, I just found the timing of your post kind of odd. Out of all of the things that happened today, nowhere is luck associated with the football game we just watched.

Granted, but they also got hosed on some calls... the "block" from CJ that negated Tate's TD and the punt "muff" where the guy was clearly pushed into the ball.

They got the punt muff right. Fuller was engaged in a block when he got pushed into the ball.

have I missed something? Is the officiating worse than before replay?

Yes it is. Much.

That has to be one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while

Did you watch the Michigan-Michigan State game? As a person who is near a State or UofM fan, I watched that game just for the fun of watching two high ranked Michigan teams slugging it out. Thought the officiating was just awful... horrible. Didn't seem really biased towards one team or the other, but just bad over all.

Yes it is. Much.

Would you like to cite any stats on that? Also, it would help if we could find causation instead of just correlation.

guys who are cheering for 0-16?

Why? Why even post on a lions forum if you want 0-16?

Serious question.

I wasn't cheering for 0-16, but I am hoping that they do crash and burn considering the season is, for all intents and purposes, over; if we end up the season 7-4 to finish 7-9 the front office can spin the season in a positive light; "we started off slow, but the team responded to the coaching staff and now we have something to build off of." IMO, this team won't get to where they need to be until we have a major overhaul starting with the front office (Mayhew and company) and the best way to guarantee that is to fail miserably this season.

They got the punt muff right. Fuller was engaged in a block when he got pushed into the ball.

I'm gonna need more info on the rule then... it seemed pretty clear that Fuller would never have touched that ball unless the other guy fell on him and pushed in (not deliberately) to the ball.

Edit to add: FWIW, the rules guy seemed to indicate it couldn't be overturned because on replay the refs can't look at if a guy is pushed (judgement call), only if the ball was touched or not.

I wasn't cheering for 0-16, but I am hoping that they do crash and burn considering the season is, for all intents and purposes, over; if we end up the season 7-4 to finish 7-9 the front office can spin the season in a positive light; "we started off slow, but the team responded to the coaching staff and now we have something to build off of." IMO, this team won't get to where they need to be until we have a major overhaul starting with the front office (Mayhew and company) and the best way to guarantee that is to fail miserably this season.

if history is accurate the owners don't care and nothing ever changes so I guess I just want them to win.... Next 2 games are winnable to atleast save some respectabilty

That has to be one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while

Agreed. And as Lions fans, we see terrible calls every week.

Would you like to cite any stats on that? Also, it would help if we could find causation instead of just correlation.

I can't site stats but I will say with certainty that nobody has any idea what a catch is anymore. That's because of replay. The simplest concepts have been completely muddled.

guys who are cheering for 0-16?

Why? Why even post on a lions forum if you want 0-16?

Serious question.

cause 0-16 might get people fired. Plus #protectthepick

Did you watch the Michigan-Michigan State game? As a person who is near a State or UofM fan, I watched that game just for the fun of watching two high ranked Michigan teams slugging it out. Thought the officiating was just awful... horrible. Didn't seem really biased towards one team or the other, but just bad over all.

I thought the same thing. Awful officiating. I just don't remember it being this bad every game

Heard it on the radio, so wasn't able to lay eyes on the officiating. Pretty wild finish though

Agreed. And as Lions fans, we see terrible calls every week.

I’m not sure what to make of it other than it was bizarre