hail2mich

GDT: #7 Michigan State at #12 Michigan 10/17/2015

Live From Michigan Stadium

Michigan_Stadium_2011_zpsvrh0xrvw.jpg

Michigan%20Logo_zps5ajuc88p.png

#7 Michigan State (6-0, 2-0) v. #12 Michigan (5-1, 2-0)

Day: Saturday

Date: October 17, 2015

Time: 3:30 PM EST

TV: ESPN

Last Week: #4 Michigan State defeated Rutgers, 31-24. #18 Michigan defeated #13 Northwestern, 38-0.

Series Record: Michigan leads, 68-34-5

MSU%20Stats_zps74jteov8.png

MSU%20Games_zpsxdvm2tfr.png

Northwestern Recap

soPpBAQhMVY

State scares me to death. Michigan doesnt match up well with them on offense. They have a great dline and a bad secondary. Michigan cant really throw the ball and has no really good receivers. Cook is the best qb theyve played since wilson.

But...in harbaugh we trust. Go blue.

State's Dline has not been great this year, not too this point. Could change on Saturday due to rivalry game, but to this point they have been decent.

I don't feel MSU has a strong team this year, I think Michigan is playing really well. MSU could finally play a strong game this week, but I doubt it. I think Michigan can get them at home.

Did I hear Spielman is doing this game? I thought Herbstreit and Fowler called the game involving the teams where Gameday is?

Did I hear Spielman is doing this game? I thought Herbstreit and Fowler called the game involving the teams where Gameday is?

They typically call the big night game that abc/espn has. I think herbstreit jumps on a plane after the show ends to get to the location of the 8pm game if it is different than gameday.

Though it looks like he might just be driving down to Columbus. ESPN also has the Florida lsu game at 7.

State scares me to death. Michigan doesnt match up well with them on offense. They have a great dline and a bad secondary. Michigan cant really throw the ball and has no really good receivers. Cook is the best qb theyve played since wilson.

But...in harbaugh we trust. Go blue.

I agree with this, but it kind of goes both ways. State has had trouble running the ball and Cook has been under heavy pressure vs mediocre teams the last two weeks. I doubt they match up very well vs Michigan's d-line either. And they mostly escaped Rutgers by having Cook just lob it up to Arnett, who will be covered by Jourdan Lewis...

I'm expecting a low scoring game. Which hopefully means Michigan wins 38-0 like the last time I predicted that.

Yes to Spielman, no to Millen...may they never be on the same announcing team although they are both analysts and that probably would never happen.

Are you all kidding me? Rutgers and Purdue gashed state for buckets of points. MY ONLY concern is Cook having a lights out game, but realistically, this one isn't close.

Michigan 31

State 10

Spielman is an excellent commentator. I always like when he does Michigan games.

100x better than Millen.

27-21 State.

People tend to gloss over Connor Cook being 29-3 as a starter with wins over some pretty good teams. Whatever happens he usually finds a way to win.

13-10 State I think. This is going to be a physical, in your face type of battle. I feel it comes down to a last minute drive and unfortunately Connor Cook is the one driving and scoring.

27-21 State.

People tend to gloss over Connor Cook being 29-3 as a starter with wins over some pretty good teams. Whatever happens he usually finds a way to win.

He's got low pad level and is a special teams beast

27-21 State.

never heard of him

I miss the days when guys like sportz and spartanvalor and lta would troll benke and the rest of us all season. Would have been fun with both teams finally being good at the same time.

27-21 State.

That OL is too banged up, not good for CC.

State has seemingly been in trouble against crap teams every week. This week they're playing up the "they're gonna fix those small mistakes" narrative, but I don't buy it.

Michigan rolls.