holygoat

Lose All The Games

This is what I'm rooting for. Total embarrassment. I think it's the only thing that has a chance of prodding the Fords to clean house. Everyone needs to go, from the President and GM on down. The Fords are not selling the team, no matter how badly we want them to, and there's nothing fans can do to change that. The Lions could fail to sell a single ticket, and STILL make money. The only thing we as fans have to cling to is the hope that the Fords blindly luck into hiring a competent FO staff. If history is any guide, they need to be shamed into making FO changes, which is why I'm rooting for them to Lose All The Games.

Seconded.

It will make the draft more interesting to see just who the Lions blow the #1 pick on this time.

This isn't the NBA teams don't tank on purpose. Mostly because guys want to keep their jobs and contracts. Also, please win at least 1 game. 0-16 is too much of a joke.

This isn't going to be an exciting draft. The best player so far is Notre Dame LT Ron Stanley.

This isn't going to be an exciting draft. The best player so far is Notre Dame LT Ron Stanley.

Lions could desperately use a tackle among other things. But I hear a lot of hype around DE Bosa & Tackle Tunsil.

Seconded.

It will make the draft more interesting to see just who the Lions blow the #1 pick on this time.

Imagine ESPN approved top pick Christian Hackenberg playing QB behind this O-Line :-)

Suddenly I like Stafford again!

Warts and all, we were 11-5 last year, should have about 40 mil in cap space, and we'll be in pretty good shape in terms of draft picks(both in terms of volume and how high we'll be drafting). A new GM should be able to make a quick turnaround if he's worth his salt. Especially with the right coaching hire.

There's some good OL and defensive talent in this draft. I don't care about exciting

Any chance the NFL takes great pity on Detroit and gives us 5 first round picks??

Maybe I'm being naive but I think that this season will be enough for ownership to clean house, or at the very least provide a clear mandate that 2016 needs to be a playoff year or everyone is out.

The lions have been unfortunate in the way the rookie bonuses built up, but they put themselves in this position with the contracts given to players that don't deserve them.

You got the sense that in years past they were they building toward something, but the result has turned out to be a mess. Last year was nice, but you can't go from that to what we have now and be given the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I could them looking at this year and concluding that they were put in a tough position trying to replace suh and fairly, along with the injury to levy and the guys on the offensive line. So maybe they are given one last mulligan if they end up going 6-10 or something.

0-16 would be great, though, because a season like that is due to much more than some bad luck with expected player performance. I just don't see it happening, though, or anything close to it.

They will probably win the next few games and then limp along to a 6-10 record. And the powers that be will be able to rationalize everything and create a blueprint for addressing the weakest spots and we will be in for one more year with this current group.

Maybe I'm being naive but I think that this season will be enough for ownership to clean house, or at the very least provide a clear mandate that 2016 needs to be a playoff year or everyone is out.

The lions have been unfortunate in the way the rookie bonuses built up, but they put themselves in this position with the contracts given to players that don't deserve them.

You got the sense that in years past they were they building toward something, but the result has turned out to be a mess. Last year was nice, but you can't go from that to what we have now and be given the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I could them looking at this year and concluding that they were put in a tough position trying to replace suh and fairly, along with the injury to levy and the guys on the offensive line. So maybe they are given one last mulligan if they end up going 6-10 or something.

0-16 would be great, though, because a season like that is due to much more than some bad luck with expected player performance. I just don't see it happening, though, or anything close to it.

They will probably win the next few games and then limp along to a 6-10 record. And the powers that be will be able to rationalize everything and create a blueprint for addressing the weakest spots and we will be in for one more year with this current group.

The schedule gets a lot easier in the second half. They will win 3 or 4 games down the stretch and ownership will use it as a sign they the team didnt quit playing for the coach and that they'll build on that next year.

I'll be stunned if they clean house. Its not the lions way. But who knows, maybe mrs ford has more balls than her husband or son?

Warts and all, we were 11-5 last year, should have about 40 mil in cap space, and we'll be in pretty good shape in terms of draft picks(both in terms of volume and how high we'll be drafting). A new GM should be able to make a quick turnaround if he's worth his salt. Especially with the right coaching hire.

Exactly. Suffering through yet another losing season will only be worth it if we get some new blood to judge, pick and develop the high draft picks it will bring. This should be the draft that gets us the needed talent to be competitive for several seasons. And the people we have in place aren't capable of doing any of that. Leave them there and we will end up with a couple of new tight ends and a couple of punters. Or else some running backs who can't hang onto the football or are one concussion away from retirement. Enough is enough. And now I hear Golden Tate is complaining about the fans booing? Read an NFL history book, Tate. You're lucky the fans didn't storm the field and tear down Ford Field, brick by brick.