Shinma

10/11/15. Cardinals at Lions. Week 5. FOX, 4:05pm.

Looks like Warford is doubtful for Sunday and Levy should be ready to go.

Good news on Levy, although not sure how ready to go he'll be. He's won't be in football shape

Looks like Warford is doubtful for Sunday and Levy should be ready to go.

Warford is the guy I'd really like back, at 100%. I believe he's a difference maker.

Warford is the guy I'd really like back, at 100%. I believe he's a difference maker.

He hasnt been healthy for two years. How long do you wait before you think that first year might have been a fluke like waddell?

I agree that it's completely possible that the Lions could be 4-4 in 4 weeks.

However, if you actually made me put money on a record, I'd lean towards 1-7

He hasnt been healthy for two years. How long do you wait before you think that first year might have been a fluke like waddell?

I'm not sure about either's health, but Warford was still PFF's 16th best G last year and Waddle was 31st at RT(in a half season's worth of snaps) andhad the least blown blocks per play for RTs. Obviously you have to stay healthy though. Only time will tell on that. I don't think there is any reason to dismiss Warford in particular due to anything we've seen thus far and both players have more than just their strong rookie year on their resume.

I'm not sure about either's health, but Warford was still PFF's 16th best G last year and Waddle was 31st at RT(in a half season's worth of snaps) andhad the least blown blocks per play for RTs. Obviously you have to stay healthy though. Only time will tell on that. I don't think there is any reason to dismiss Warford in particular due to anything we've seen thus far and both players have more than just their strong rookie year on their resume.

Warford went from 1 to 16 to injured. Waddle had a nice run of 6 games, getting worse by the end, got bad, and then got hurt.

Warford can be saved if he can ever get healthy. Waddle was a flash in the pan.

Watching Deandre Hopkins for Houston on a joke team with a pair of awful QBs just makes me shake my head at the Lions insistence for the last two years that the defense can just take Calvin away and you have to spread the ball around

Warford went from 1 to 16 to injured. Waddle had a nice run of 6 games, getting worse by the end, got bad, and then got hurt.

Warford can be saved if he can ever get healthy. Waddle was a flash in the pan.

I think they're both in the same spot

Watching Deandre Hopkins for Houston on a joke team with a pair of awful QBs just makes me shake my head at the Lions insistence for the last two years that the defense can just take Calvin away and you have to spread the ball around

To be fair, Calvin hasn't looked like Calvin in that stretch.

To be fair, Calvin hasn't looked like Calvin in that stretch.

True, but if he's actually fallen off very far you wouldn't expect teams to still be double and sometimes triple teaming him all the time. Just strikes me as another example of predictable and bland playcalling. If you are capable of outsmarting the other team, you can get the ball to your best players on your terms. That's not something the Lions seem to do very often

True, but if he's actually fallen off very far you wouldn't expect teams to still be double and sometimes triple teaming him all the time. Just strikes me as another example of predictable and bland playcalling. If you are capable of outsmarting the other team, you can get the ball to your best players on your terms. That's not something the Lions seem to do very often

I agree with the premise fwiw

My opinion on the CJ stuff is that they are not throwing to him because he has taken such a beating and they want to try and prolong his career to at least finish out his contract. I think there are issues with his health...not keep him out of games issues, but just multiple lingering issues that hobble him just enough to keep him on the field, but not be very effective.

It is the only thing that makes any sense to me.

JpBm-BlyZWs

Wow. This is actually quite funny, in a sick sort of way. "Defecate on us, over and over? Yes, may I please have another?"

Really funny. You could tell his cohost was a little afraid of him....didn't dare interrupt him.

I think they're both in the same spot

I dont think waddle was ever that good. He had a short run of games where he played well and nothing afterward. He was a fluke.

Warford was a pretty well regarded guard coming out of school. Kind of like tomlinson except actually good and not overdrafted in round 1.

My opinion on the CJ stuff is that they are not throwing to him because he has taken such a beating and they want to try and prolong his career to at least finish out his contract. I think there are issues with his health...not keep him out of games issues, but just multiple lingering issues that hobble him just enough to keep him on the field, but not be very effective.

It is the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Possible, but they can't seem to get Tate open this year either. At least last year when Calvin was out/ineffective, Tate had a monster year. It's hard for me to believe that's all on the o-line/Stafford.

I guess it's just beating a dead horse at this point to keep going off on the coaching staff, but man it's frustrating. Especially seeing how the defense has improved from week 1 despite still being a bit lacking in talent (imo). I know Seattle's o-line is as bad as Detroit's and all, but it seems like our defense adapts and makes plays, while the offense is the same old crap every week no matter what.

So Ngata is officially out this week I guess? Need to get him back on those PEDs.

The 30+ year old defensive tackle coming off a ped suspension is having trouble staying healthy? No way.....

Lions pull out a close one.

Lions 17

Cardinals 16

I'm... at a loss. Are you feeling ok, man? This isn't like you. I'm concerned.

I think AZ may be the best team we've yet played this year. I'm predicting a win here, but only because I predicted 12-4 so I'm predicting wins from here on out on principle. We have no real business winning this game. Not with the offensive playcalling we've had so far.

The 30+ year old defensive tackle coming off a ped suspension is having trouble staying healthy? No way.....

If he continues to have injury problems and if the Lions decide to resign him, they better not give him more than a 1 year contract after this season.

Does anyone think that it is a good idea to have a 90 year old in charge of your NFL team?

Nothing new. No one has been 'in charge' since Russ Thomas retired,