Yoda

Roger DeWitt (HueyTaxi)

I haven't posted in here for a while, and I don't really know any of you very well, but I'll certainly miss Huey Taxi's contributions to this site.

More importantly I would like to send out my condolences to Roger's family and to those of you here who knew him well. Amazing how a message board can connect people in such a profound and real way.

Godspeed.

• Like 1

Besides his posts, I could tell from several PMs we shared this was a good man. All the best to his family. You will be remembered well.

Edited by Greenwit

Strange to log on in the morning and not see those 4:00 AM posts by Huey.

So very true

Besides his posts, I could tell from several PMs we shared this was a good man. All the best to his family. You will be remembered well.

Same here. RIP

Thought I would bump this thread in Memoriam of Roger before the end of the year.  

Deus Benedicat old friend.

• Like 1

Damn.  You miss a few things when you step back.  Most don't matter much after a moments thought.  Others...

Huey and I hit heads a few times - particularly early - and most if not all were me making assumptions.  Then I stepped back and realized that he was a dude i respected and wanted to understand.  I appreciate anybody who is able to force me to step outside my preconceived notions.  Wish his family nothing but the best - as late in the game as those wishes are.

• Like 1

I recently took a position that has me in Lakeland 2 weeks a month and have been watching the changes to the stadium and ST.  It hit me hard last week as I once again thought about not seeing him at the stadium.  Think of him everytime I'm at a Flying Tigers game and that won't stop, miss seeing the white hair and that great hat.

Sigh....

• Like 1

So coming back from out West on I-70 we pulled off at the 1st rest area inside the CO border and the site was called the "Western Slope Vietnam Memorial" and they had a Huey on a mount standing outside the building. Seemed so small to have carried so much of the weight of that war.

Couldn't help but think of Roger, and also a cousin of mine, and all the men who spent so much hard time in those machines. 

RIP Huey.

• Like 3

I was talking about Roger this weekend.  He helped me with some information about my stepdad's service flying rescue missions in Vietnam.  My stepsister brought it up on facebook as a memory, and my mom and I had a subsequent discussion about the information.  He touched people who never even met or knew him in any way.  

• Like 1