Yoda

Roger DeWitt (HueyTaxi)

R.I.P HueyTaxi (Roger DeWitt) thanks for all the photos and information about the Tigers Minor League system. Sorry we could not meet in person a wonderful person you will be missed my friend.

Didn't know him beyond seeing his name here occasionally, but I am very sorry to hear this. It sounds as if he left quite a legacy.

He was always willing to help out the out-of-towners who visited Lakeland each year...went to him for advice before our very first trip.

This world is down a great person. Condolences to his family.

RIP Roger.

9-25-2015 @ 12:40am

"Henley is located a few blocks away at the NE corner of US 98N and Memorial Blvd. (SW of Tigertown.)"

His last words to the forum. Helping someone. He did this quite often when people had questions about the Lakeland area. I wish the wife and I could have made it to a ST game the past few years so I could have had a beer with him.

I'm sorry to hear this.

Roger was a very sharing person. He shared not only his wonderful photographs, but many stories from his life, which made reading a post from Hueytaxi feel like communicating with a friend, rather than an anonymous poster. I felt Roger was a huge asset to this little community and he will be greatly missed.

My thoughts and prayers for his family.

RIP Roger.

Always enjoyed visiting Lakeland as it was a chance to visit with Roger and Robie at a Flying Tigers game.

Thanks for the memories.

i found out on facebook that roger died. i didn't even know he was ill.

rest in peace. and thank you again for your service to our country, and your lively conversation.

I'm without words really. My heart goes out to Robie and his family for their loss. I always enjoyed meeting and talking with Roger, having a beer between innings at the LFT games and seeing him at the events and meetings we would have. Even when I was a newcomer he and Robie treated us like old time fans. JM won't be the same.

I'm sad to hear that he's died. I know him more as HueyTaxi than Roger, but he always seemed to be one of the friendliest posters here. My interactions with him in different threads were always pleasant. I enjoyed being able to use his photos in my Adopt-A-Tiger posts. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

This is very saddening. I knew it was going to happen, but still it saddens me deeply. As different as we were, Roger and I had a sort of long-distance heart-to-heart bond as people that I treasured. I wish I had had the opportunity to meet him face-to-face.

Prayers for Robie and the family. Like many others my son and I had the privilege of meeting Roger and her a couple times at games when we were down on vacation. They were so welcoming to us out of towners and he will definitely be missed.