Yoda

2016 Broadcast Booth

Has there been any discussion on this? I don't see them continuing to play musical chairs. I would very much love to keep Gibson full-time, assuming his health allows him to, and move Rod to the studio. I think that suits both well.

Anyone hear anything on this?

I believe Craigers is an up and comer. His banter is very, very good.

Craig would be good in the booth I think. Rod is pretty good in the studio.

Craig would be good in the booth I think. Rod is pretty good in the studio.

On the positive side, we'll get to see the clip of Craig being drilled in the balls by a curveball again.

LlfudXi.gif

This is an amazing on-air blooper by Craig... how did they keep a straight face? At the 0:17 mark.

23MHqNuS4LI

Last I remember, Monroe was an unpolished version of Rod Allen. I didn't hear him much this year, so maybe he's better now.

Last I remember, Monroe was an unpolished version of Rod Allen. I didn't hear him much this year, so maybe he's better now.

Exactly! ....and Rod Allen is great as an analyst...lots of "inside baseball" stuff with a smattering of comic relief.

I liked Gibson...Morris referred to the Tigers as the "Twins" too many times..Monroe needs to stay in the studio.

Exactly! ....and Rod Allen is great as an analyst...lots of "inside baseball" stuff with a smattering of comic relief.

I liked Gibson...Morris referred to the Tigers as the "Twins" too many times..Monroe needs to stay in the studio.

Really? I find Allen, especially combined with Mario, to be unbearable.

Really? I find Allen, especially combined with Mario, to be unbearable.

Me too. Rod Allen was OK when he first started, but he ran out of material.

Doesn't matter, as long as MLB.TV allows Roku to overlay the radio feed over the video.

Since I go to 1/3 of the home games and can't watch all the others it's not really a big deal to me. As long as Gibby can do games I'm fine. Gibson>Allen>Morris.

From the little I've heard of him I think Morris would be fine in a 3 man booth.

I haven't heard a whole lot of Morris, just enough to make a devastating conclusion: he strikes me as one of those guys who emphasizes magical thinking when it comes to playing the game.

I really liked Gibson in the booth and it seemed like he hit his stride later in the season. Given his absence from that line of work and his health, I didn't really expect much from him at first.

I think Oblong might be on to something with Morris as in a three man booth. He has some interesting comments from the pitching side, but I wonder if his quality would increase from a reduction of quantity?

I haven't heard a whole lot of Morris, just enough to make a devastating conclusion: he strikes me as one of those guys who emphasizes magical thinking when it comes to playing the game.

Correct.

None being more magical than himself.

Listening to the Toronto radio feed. The analysis is really emphatic and seems plausible

I used to hate Gibson when he was originally broadcasting the games back with that other guy I can't remember, but I like him now. I think it's because his macho, he-man, I barely tolerate you peons attitude has faded with age.

I used to hate Gibson when he was originally broadcasting the games back with that other guy I can't remember, but I like him now. I think it's because his macho, he-man, I barely tolerate you peons attitude has faded with age.

Josh Lewin

Exactly...He comes across a lot less "mean spirited" now. I enjoyed Gibson's work this year....in the past, not so much.