jake

Prince Fielder

Ian Kinsler has an 11.7-1.7 bWAR edge and a 9.4-1.3 fWAR edge since the trade. Prince can say hi all he wants.

says Hi.

And then he says goodbye when the playoffs start as he usually doesn't show up for the playoffs.

Prince_flies_10-19-13.gif

Funny that we were up 2-1 because I could swear when that happened I assumed the series was over and that was icing on the cake.

If you look at it though.... a better dive and maybe he beats it. Could have been interference as he was going back a player was there. Stupid Ausmus.

Ian Kinsler has an 11.7-1.7 bWAR edge and a 9.4-1.3 fWAR edge since the trade. Prince can say hi all he wants.

All while filling a huge need for the team, whereas Prince was blocking Miggy at his natural position. Oh and being cheaper, even with us paying part of Prince's salary.

.....Could have been interference as he was going back a player was there. Stupid Ausmus.

Fielder was out of the base running path so it may not have been interference on the Red Sox.

For Iglesias it's not out of the baseline.

I see what you are saying. I wonder if they actually decided to make a call on that situation, how they would call it? Doesn't Fielder have to at least stay on the base path? Did Iglesias actually do anything to change Fielder's dive, given that Fielder was kind of heading the wrong direction anyway?

No.... I'm sort of joking. Iglesias wasn't on the Red Sox then. I was making a joke because Iglesias, when he runs to 1B, is fully on the grass and looks to be out of the baseline. Twice this year it was an issue, once he got hurt because he stepped on the player's foot, which I attribute to his angle, and another the ump called him out or something.

I have no idea what the ruling would be on Fielder's play. I assume out of the baseline... I don't recall it being raised as an issue at the time.

No.... I'm sort of joking. Iglesias wasn't on the Red Sox then. I was making a joke because Iglesias, when he runs to 1B, is fully on the grass and looks to be out of the baseline. Twice this year it was an issue, once he got hurt because he stepped on the player's foot, which I attribute to his angle, and another the ump called him out or something.

I have no idea what the ruling would be on Fielder's play. I assume out of the baseline... I don't recall it being raised as an issue at the time.

He shouldn't have been ruled safe had he touched a fielder because he was so far out of the line. But I've seen MLB umpires make worse to far worse calls.

I think Fielder dove like that to try to draw an interference call because he knew he was dead meat and whats' the harm in trying.

says Hi.

The funny thing is.....it should be "Devon Travis says hi"......or "Eugenio Suarez says hi"......or "Robbie Ray says hi"......or possibly even "Hernan Perez says hi"

Thank you for the response. I actually thought that was Iglesias standing in the way of Fielder's dive.

Iglesias was a Tiger at that time.

Thank you. I have my years mixed up. I had to look it up. So in 2013, the Tigers traded for Iglesias after reports claimed Garcia was getting a little too comfortable with Fielder's wife.

Is this the year Prince has a playoff BA closer to his weight (something north of 250) than his baseball IQ (something south of 100)?