Yoda

2015 Off-season thread

I am home today sick. There's snow on the ground. And I am watching the tigers pummel the Minnesota Twins 13-1 in a May 14 blowout on the MLB.com archives. The Tigers were 20-13 and hope was in the air...sniff...<wipes tear>

I am home today sick. There's snow on the ground. And I am watching the tigers pummel the Minnesota Twins 13-1 in a May 14 blowout on the MLB.com archives. The Tigers were 20-13 and hope was in the air...sniff...<wipes tear>

I approve.

I'm glad Alburquerque is gone, I still have to look up the spelling, just because AA now clearly refers to Al Avila, Tigers GM.

Many hands will be saved from carpal tunnel by typing 5 less characters, and one space, each time AA is discussed.

Rays designate Joey Butler for assignment | raysbaseball.com

Worth a claim and roster spot? He'll be 30 in March, but he looked good this past summer in left. Probably still has options. Late bloomer, or never-will-be?

Probably not right now. It seems all efforts are going to go into pitching, and it should. They'll have to leave a spot open for the Rule V draft in a week or so. Avila also hinted at going after a catcher, and there are some decent backup types in the Rule V as well.

Don't we have the Phillies former pitching coach? Apparently Cliff Lee is healthy and wants to pitch. Not sure what it would cost but he would be a nice addition as the fifth starter on an incentive laden deal

Don't we have the Phillies former pitching coach? Apparently Cliff Lee is healthy and wants to pitch. Not sure what it would cost but he would be a nice addition as the fifth starter on an incentive laden deal

I'm sure they could get him for one year; I see him going year to year at this time. He wouldn't be cheap, but he might be a big catch, too.

NERTS!

I'm sure they could get him for one year; I see him going year to year at this time. He wouldn't be cheap, but he might be a big catch, too.

I think he would be cheap given MLB standards. A one year deal at $5 million plus $4 million in incentives based on games pitch seems reasonable for both sides.

I think he would be cheap given MLB standards. A one year deal at $5 million plus $4 million in incentives based on games pitch seems reasonable for both sides.

Not gonna happen. He's still Cliff Lee. I can't see him here for less than 12/15 million.

Pitchers other than Al Al with city names:

Reggie Cleveland

Edwin Jackson

Mike Montgomery

Houston St

Dallas Keuchel (sp)

Diego Segui

Too bad Austin Jackson isn't a pitcher. He's a two-fer.

He's a funny guy.... I follow him on twitter.

music_calcaterra_zpsqgberhvg.png

This is a damn true set of tweets. I suffer the same although my usual computer generated music mix has the vague-british/americanish flavor of Mumford and other UK folkish types added in.

Pitchers other than Al Al with city names:

Reggie Cleveland

Edwin Jackson

Mike Montgomery

Houston St

Dallas Keuchel (sp)

Diego Segui

Montreal Robertson

Edited by Charles Liston

I hear the Tigers signed Mike Pelfrey.

Excuse me while I go throw up. They must think Fulmer is going to be ready this year.

With so many better pitchers available, I wonder why they moved so quickly on Pelfrey?

He was pretty good last year for stretches, then not so much for stretches. Maybe they think that they know why?

He was pretty good last year for stretches, then not so much for stretches. Maybe they think that they know why?

He hasn't lost a game in a couple of months, so he must be in his good stretch right now.

He hasn't lost a game in a couple of months, so he must be in his good stretch right now.

Ha!

I'm sorry, but the Tigers have **** $15M down the tubes between Maybin and Pelfrey. I think they could have done much, much better with those two roster spots.