Yoda

2015 Off-season thread

I didn't know oriental was offensive until I read this thread.

I hybridize lilies. Some are referred to as "Asiatic", some are referred to as "Oriental" , and some are inter species crosses with Oriental and Trumpet Lilies known as "Ornipets".

Is it now an act of racism to grow these? Are hybridizing these a racially offensive act? Or should I just refer to them as "Those things" ?

I hybridize lilies. Some are referred to as "Asiatic", some are referred to as "Oriental" , and some are inter species crosses with Oriental and Trumpet Lilies known as "Ornipets".

Is it now an act of racism to grow these? Are hybridizing these a racially offensive act? Or should I just refer to them as "Those things" ?

Do you think that the lilies are people?

Here's a joke, told by Tiger Woods to David Feherty:

Woods: What do you call a black man flying an airplane?

Feherty: I don't know.

Woods: A pilot, you racist mofo.

I know an Asian named Lilly.

Pictures of Lilly was a pretty decent song by the Who....but they weren't Asian.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it looks like FSD will be broadcasting 6 spring training games this season. Also, there are 5 other games being broadcast by the opponents. Per BYB.

Weds 03/02 @ Yankees

Tues 03/08 vs Rays

Tues 03/15 vs Braves

Thurs 03/17 vs Cardinals

Fri 03/18 @ Cardinals

Thurs 03/31 vs Yankees

The Cardinal games are on during the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament, so that kind've sucks

Today is pecota day, and our very own James McCann has the worst projected WARP among all players expected to get any sort of substantial playing time.

Basically, he can't hit. He can't run. And due to his horrendous pitch framing, he can't catch.

That said, he only has one year in the majors so there is of course the chance he could improve.

More than likely, he probably just sucks.

Today is pecota day, and our very own James McCann has the worst projected WARP among all players expected to get any sort of substantial playing time.

Basically, he can't hit. He can't run. And due to his horrendous pitch framing, he can't catch.

That said, he only has one year in the majors so there is of course the chance he could improve.

More than likely, he probably just sucks.

Yet, aside from some posters on this board, everybody in this town seems to think he's great.

The stats can't account for James McCann's amazing grit and leadership

That said, the fans in town thought Brennan Boesch was great too

James McCann can not hit RHP.

Until he does, and I doubt he ever does, he is a back-up C.

Nothing wrong with playing a back-up catcher league minimum that can hit LHP.

Other than that, he has very limited value.

Yet, aside from some posters on this board, everybody in this town seems to think he's great.

Gritty handsome white guy who finally unseated the hated low average nepotism based incumbent, what's not to like?

And he argued with the lazy mexican middle infielder who is lazy.

That wasn't an argument, son. That was James telling Julio the way it was going to be from now on.

Yep, it's pretty much a guarantee that a 25-year-old catcher with half a season of MLB experience will never improve at all. Sad, really.

That wasn't an argument, son. That was James telling Julio the way it was going to be from now on.

He owned that ****.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

Let's not forget Gose . He shook that little Latin hot dog by the nape of his neck. A surprisingly high character move for a lazy, casual black player.

Yes...I'm being facetious.

Yep, it's pretty much a guarantee that a 25-year-old catcher with half a season of MLB experience will never improve at all. Sad, really.

Yes, pretty much is when he has no real history of hitting professional right handed pitching at any level.

It pretty much is when he has no real history of hitting professional right handed pitching at any level.

?☕️