Yoda

2015 Off-season thread

Cespedes not costing a draft pick of any kind is nice. He'd make us formidable.

Show him the money.

Jim Bowden apparently he forgot that he's not the GM of the Reds anymore and suggested the Tigers should trade Fullmer for Jay Bruce. It's scary to think that he was a GM multiple times

I wouldn't trade Fulmer for Bruce but I would certainly do something like Farmer, or Greene plus Moyà for Bruce.

Jim Bowden apparently he forgot that he's not the GM of the Reds anymore and suggested the Tigers should trade Fullmer for Jay Bruce. It's scary to think that he was a GM multiple times

lol. I wouldn't trade Collins straight up for Bruce. And I'm not a Collins fan.

Fair point on Cespedes, I personally think 5/$100M would be a good deal for the Tigers still.

I wish I could drink on the job.

Bowden is incredibly arrogant and very clownish at times, particularly when it comes to trade ideas like this one. But I do enjoy listening to him on XM despite all that, because at times he provides some pretty good insight, too. You just have to pick and choose what you take away from him. But yeah, I am glad he is not our GM. That would be an awful trade.

Because, according to people smarter than you and me, "he's a hack!"

I don't think he's the second coming of Thomas Boswell or anything, but he seems to have some decent sources, and I think most of his commentary on social media makes sense, if nothing else.

Feeling inferior much?

Paul isn't criticized for what he said, but how he says it. He's just a fool with no humility.

He's not as gracious or nice as henning. If you disagree with Henning he will reply but do it in a way that's polite. Paul will call you an idiot. No wonder Moss is gentle with him.

One other local writer blocked me. It wasn't baseball related. I think he is now unemployed.

Feeling inferior much?

Paul isn't criticized for what he said, but how he says it. He's just a fool with no humility.

It was a joke.

I don't mind Paul, but different strokes for different folks. Most reporters and columnists have some really loyal fans, some really adamant haters and a lot of people in between. That's life.

Eh, I think that's a bit of a cop-out though. Some columnists/reporters are way more respectable than others. It isn't as simples as they all have fans and haters.

But you are right, different strokes and such.

Eh, I think that's a bit of a cop-out though. Some columnists/reporters are way more respectable than others. It isn't as simples as they all have fans and haters.

It was obviously a joke. How else would you take somebody referring to Shelton as much smarter than anyone? :silly:

Billy McMillon was promoted to outfield coordinator for the Red Sox, Greg Norton was hired as hitting coordinator and Aqulliano Lopez is now a pitching coach for them in the Dominican Summer League. Just an update on some former Tigers.

Not a cop-out at all on my part. I don't live in Michigan, so maybe my perspective would be different if I did, I don't know. I read his stuff and follow him on Twitter. I think he's given some decent insight at times, and has just taken shots in the dark other times. I do think he seems to have a connection within the organization, though, based on a few specific things he has reported before others in the past. Of course it's always possible he's just guessing, as some here think. Who knows. I won't crucify the guy, but others can if they choose to.

In other news, Rondon has some type of virus that can cause joint pain for months or "years" afterwards. Huh.

Rondon has the Chikungunya virus.

Edited by tiger337

I think he's wrong often enough to warrant the "just guessing" accusation.

And he gets crucified mostly because on the off chance he is right he makes sure everyone knows. "I told you people". Dude is full of himself. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Hey. Who's gonna sign Alfredo "Big Pasta" Simon? Dude had some good starts for us. I have him going to Milwaukee, Cincinnati or San Diego. Maybe Florida. I want to see him bat.

So yeah. Keep the DH but keep it over there.

Sometimes he is OK, but he is very amateurish. He pats himself on the back a lot for news he didn't break. Even a couple of writers have called him on that.

Ah. I don't really follow him too closely but he seems kind of middle of the roadish...not great but not terrible either. I wasn't aware of those other issues.

Here we go!

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 48s49 seconds ago

Sources: #Tigers in discussions with free-agent outfielder Justin Upton.

77 retweets 38 likes

When Rosenthal says things like that, things tend to happen.