Shinma

10/5/15. Lions at Seahawks. Monday Night. ESPN, 8:30pm.

I don't know what makes the ref look worse, him simply forgetting the rule hence the no call or him thinking that the bat wasn't intentional? When has any player tried to recover a ball by slapping at it with one hand?

All in all, this what happens to the Lions. As unexplainable as it is, it has always happened and it always will. It's just their fate.

I like how people are giving Chancellor all this credit for being so "heads up" to knock the ball out, but looking at all the replays it looks like he was just laying his body out to Calvin like any defender would in that situation and got fortunate that his hand happened to hit the ball that Calvin held so insecurely.

He actually punched the ball out, it's the technique that Charles Tillman used for years, not many have the ability to execute it. Lucky that he got there when he did but he knew what he was doing. It was a great play but of course, the refs steal the show again so nobody will talk about Chancellor's play.

I was at the game....

I either thought Stafford would throw a pic or they would score then Wilson leads Seattle to a TD.... Never imaged they would lose like that

Once he fumbled I got up and left. Don't care about a blown call he needs to hold on to the ball and at this point of my life I shook my head and walked out. no more anger or emotions for the Lions.

LOUD Stadium though man makes me wonder how anybody can win there.

Not intentional? He ran 4 steps towards the ball, thrust his arm out and celebrated after he did it. That is insulting our intelligence. Just because we are Lions fans doesn't mean we are completely brainless.

A little OT, but since the play involved Calvin, I just have to say that Calvin only broke 1 tackle all of last season and has yet to break one this season. He had a chance to do so on the last play but instead just fumbled it. How a guy his size and his speed only has one broken tackle in 20 games is unreal.

Here are the Lions next 4 games:

Arizona at home(probably their hardest game in their next 4, but Arizona's 3 wins came against teams with a combined record of 3-9)

Chicago at home

Minnesota at home

Kansas City in London but it is counted as a road game for Detroit and a home game for Kansas City

And then they get their bye week. We will see if Detroit folds after this non call or if they win their next 4. Hopefully, they learned that when they pass downfield more, they are more successful. It was pretty clear in this game that they decided to do that on ONE drive and they drove down the field before the non call garbage.

Edited by nd1377

I had to sleep on this one.

- Caldwell clearly didn't know the rules, hence his trepidation at the presser.

- Calvin needs to hold onto the ball and like he said 'not put it in the refs hands'.

- Blandino's explanation that it may not have mattered if he recovered it anyhow in the endzone is a horrid excuse. Then a penalty 30 yards away from the play should never be called either in that mindset.

- Caldwell just doesn't seem to be a fit. I can't think of many other coach's that don't have visible outrage instead of 'dazed look', as Sharp wrote, on the stand.

- The back ref/ line judge and Blandino should have just admitted they blew it. The 'inadvertent' take is a joke, especially at the same time basically as the Seattle player admitted he did it on purpose.

After my initial shock of LOL SOL...

I turned the game off right after CJ lost in before crossing the end zone. Immediately. This morning I find out the ball was batted out of the end zone and it should have been a flag and our ball. Another game we got hosed by the refs on. This happens quite often for those not really paying attention.

Anyway...after my shock I realize the Lions played a HELL OF A GAME on the defensive side. They were all over the ball the entire night. The offense looked PATHETIC, but the defense looked REALLY good.

It really is the most Lions play...or at least one of the most Lions plays. Consider ALL the factors of the game. On the road, against one of the best teams in the league, looking for our first win, chance to ice the game, fumble mere inches from the goal line and give the ball up..., with our best player,...BUT WAIT....this is the Lions...there HAS to be more...and there is! The refs blow a call that should have given us the ball back. Turn overs inside of 2 minutes are supposed to be automatically reviewed anyway. They REVIEWED it (or should have...not sure if they did even look at it again) and still nothing. The national media will be ho hum about it...sweep it under the rug pretty quickly. No one will make any connections to all the other times the Lions got hosed because it is the 'darling' Seahawks and the team from Detroit that no one likes because we have dirty players like Suh....oh wait, because we cheat like the Patriots....oh wait...naaaa we are just from Detroit...who cares..

Edited by John_Brian_K

A little OT, but since the play involved Calvin, I just have to say that Calvin only broke 1 tackle all of last season and has yet to break one this season. He had a chance to do so on the last play but instead just fumbled it. How a guy his size and his speed only has one broken tackle in 20 games is unreal.

He is not the same player anymore. Something happened to him last year. Something is going on with him. He is not the same player. He went from the best WR in the game to an average WR. Something is up with him.

Not intentional? He ran 4 steps towards the ball, thrust his arm out and celebrated after he did it. That is insulting our intelligence. Just because we are Lions fans doesn't mean we are completely brainless.

No I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it means.

He's old, lots of wear and tear on his body due to all the injuries, style of play etc. He doesn't have near the explosiveness that he used to, another wasted all time Lions great.

On another note, Tate looks completely frustrated. Even on the final drive, it appeared that his head wasn't in the game. I'm thinking that he's looking for a one way ticket out of town.

PFT dug up video of the Seahawks being called for illegal batting of the ball vs the 49ers in 2013, it was also called in a Patriots/Dolphins game that year. But clearly it's some new rule that the referee couldn't have thought of

He's old, lots of wear and tear on his body due to all the injuries, style of play etc. He doesn't have near the explosiveness that he used to, another wasted all time Lions great.

Yeah I cannot count how many times I saw him go WAY up for a catch in traffic and come slamming back down to the ground...every time I thought he broke his back or something, but he would pop back up...that all just caught up to him...at least that is how it looks.

I really do think(may be dreaming and hoping) that in the next 4 games, we will see the Lions offense look more like what we thought it would be. CJ and Tate will look great again and the Lions offense will look way better than it has. Their opponents will not be as good and their line will start gelling.

On another note, if Bell can't make it back to what he was, I would love to see Zenner more.

The leader of their defense, Levy, should be back this week.

I really do think(may be dreaming and hoping) that in the next 4 games, we will see the Lions offense look more like what we thought it would be. CJ and Tate will look great again and the Lions offense will look way better than it has. Their opponents will not be as good and their line will start gelling.

On another note, if Bell can't make it back to what he was, I would love to see Zenner more.

The leader of their defense, Levy, should be back this week.

Zenner is just as good as bell. Which is why you dont give rbs like bell a big contract because you can find them on the street.

Zenner is just as good as bell. Which is why you dont give rbs like bell a big contract because you can find them on the street.

Yup, better to just keep Bell types for the money he got.

Let's play Jeff Foxworthy on the offense:

You know you have a predictable offense when...

...Al Micheal says: "A predictable running play" three times during the game and you run every time.

It would be great for WCF jr to launch an Animal House level stupid and futile gesture at the league. Call them out...publicly trash the league for blatantly screwing the franchise out of a playoff win and a chance to win last night along with all the other past atrocities. Launch the #weplayagainst12 hashtag on twitter. Put a montage of blown calls in crucial situations on youtube. Embarrass and humiliate them and declare that whatever fine they give you, you'll double it in a charitable donation to the people of Detroit. We're talking a stupid, knee jerk, scorched earth Pyrrhic victory that will do nothing more than gain the enmity of the league and the emotional support of your fans. Why not try it? Are you afraid a few calls might not go your way?

Lions fans are the best. Every one of you had already written off the season. So what's the problem, really? They got screwed. But is your life any different now? The lions sucked before this game, they sucked during this game, and they will suck over the next 13 weeks (bye included).

We're fan... fans want to see their teams do well. They celebrate the win, even though it means nothing. They get upset about the loses, even though it means nothing. Why is that hard to understand?

Is it logical? No, of course not... but being a fan isn't about being logic. It makes no more sense then to be emotionally moved by a movie or a book. It makes no more sense than to enjoy stamp collecting or gardening.

It's just something that some people follow and enjoy when it goes well, and get upset about when it doesn't. We get together (in cyberspace) and we talk about it and express our emotions. If you don't understand it, fine... no problem. Being a fan isn't for anyone. But don't be surprised when you come in here and talk bad about others and their particular hobby if they get upset with you.

I can't imagine you'd seek out a meeting of stamp collectors and say to them: "Ah, too bad... you didn't get the stamp you wanted on ebay. So what? If you life any different? So why are you upset?"

It's pretty simple: This is a SPORTS FORUM. People are talking about their SPORTS teams. They get upset when their favorite team loses. If that's not something you can understand or accept, then I'd recommend staying away from the group just like I'd recommend staying away from stamp collector's meeting if you don't "get" that hobby.

What kind of a ****boy posts the classic "why so upset, bro?" crapola on a fan board after a frustrating loss? A complete and total fvckboy