Sydney_Fife

'15/'16 Pistons Training Camp/Preseason

Eh, predicting 38-40 wins in the east really isn't optimism.

Like NYLion said, this team gets hammered for 50 losses in the west.

In fairness, for as weak as the East is, the West is pretty damn loaded.

Don't think they're a great team by any means, but I think .500 is a realistic goal, give or take a few either way.

Good to have you back, Del

That's where I'm at too. There's some real big "boom" potential with RJ but he has to improve that shot. I could also understand why some don't believe in him since there's a lot of question marks about his ability to be a lead guy.

Some might not like it, but this is a development year. We really don't know what we have in most of these guys so this will be a year to evaluate how the pieces fit and their long term fit here.

Very few known commodities on this roster which will make it a frustrating and an exciting year probably from quarter to quarter even.

Feels like a bit of a fresh start with the Smith and Monroe black clouds now lifted and the last remnants of the Dumars era being flushed out, Jennings next.

I'm 100% on board with this...

1) Of course RJ has a lot to prove. I'm pretty certain he'll turn into a really good player. However, he might not turn into the player that we really want him to be. But as long as he helps the team win, I'm not worried. He appears to have a bit of selfishness in him... I think that will be the feather that tips the balance scale to the good side or the bad side. He has great athleticism and a rapport/ high level of pick-n-roll ability with Drummond already. He obviously needs to improve his defense, and deep shot. I'm not going to stress on his deep shot, whether it becomes good-enough-or-better, or stays at barely-adequate, as it is right now. I'm 99% certain he'll get better on defense, he has the capability (athleticism) to do so, and I believe he actually wants to. We'll win games with what we have in RJ. He has to keep everyone involved though. It can't turn into a 2-man show every time he's on the floor though... we won't get very far with that...

2) It absolutely is a development year. And I think we'll finish MUCH stronger than how we start the year... which is why I still think we'll hit that .500 mark, plus or minus a game or two. The key to the year is how much this team is able to gel/ grow together.

3) Definitely going to be an exciting year!

4) YAY to moving on from the Dumars era!!! I like Jennings, but he'll need to move on only because he won't fit the team moving forward anymore. And I think with Hilliard, Bullock, and KCP, SVG will have to move on from Meeks as well, probably in the off-season. Replace Meeks and Jennings' salaries with a backup PG and a dynamic young PF in the off-season and I think SVG's team is ready to go!

I have a feeling the Celtics will end up trading some of that young talent along with some of the Nets draft picks for a major star or two.

The Celtics are going to be so loaded in the future thanks to the stupidity of the Brooklyn Nets.

Are you thinking along the lines of Durant or Love? That would certainly be a coup for Ainge. A scoring wing and I suppose they could be in business. If they play Jordan Mickey he could be their rim protector.

I think the Celtics have a lot of good rotation and complementary players going forward, and of course the picks, just not sure how it is a formidable team unless someone besides Thomas steps forward as a dynamic scorer barring a trade. Hunter may have that ceiling, but I've seen the Celtics give up on a few guys like him over the years.

The guy I would like SVG to obtain, by trade... by hook or by crook or by offering a couple 1st rounders plus plus plus...

Is Serge Ibaka.

I think he's the type of glue guy that would fit our team to a T, push Ilyasova to PF off the bench, improve Defense without losing outside shooting ability, be a perfect match with Drummond, etc., etc. etc.

That pushes us over the top into a legitimate playoff team.

How do we get Ibaka, or a reasonable facsimile?

I can't see OKC wanting to move him, and it would be hard for the Pistons to get Ibaka. OKC would want players ready to go right now for him. They need to win right now to hold onto KD and Westbrook. Most of Detroit's assets are valuable based on potential more than production right now.

Hard to think of another player like him off the top of my head.

I can't see OKC wanting to move him, and it would be hard for the Pistons to get Ibaka. OKC would want players ready to go right now for him. They need to win right now to hold onto KD and Westbrook. Most of Detroit's assets are valuable based on potential more than production right now.

Hard to think of another player like him off the top of my head.

I know what you're saying.

I think he's the absolute perfect guy for us though... the "missing piece" so to speak. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with Del completely, just can't see Ibaka becoming available and it is really hard to make a comp with anyone else given his combo of rim protection/rebounding/scoring/3pt shooting. Unibrow is the pie in the sky comp, Draymond Green a firm step below Ibaka. But if you want to reach, I give you Terrence Jones.

I agree with Del completely, just can't see Ibaka becoming available and it is really hard to make a comp with anyone else given his combo of rim protection/rebounding/scoring/3pt shooting. Unibrow is the pie in the sky comp, Draymond Green a firm step below Ibaka. But if you want to reach, I give you Terrence Jones.

If (I meant Boston... living in the past...) keeps pushing him towards 3-pointers... Amir Johnson?

And yeah... Jones... if we can steal him from Houston...

Edited by 84 Lives!!!