hail2mich

GDT: #22 BYU at Michigan 9/26/2015

Has anyone seen the calamity that the MD team is right now? I guess they had a players only meeting. The coach was asked about it and didn't know about it.

I hope we give them a respectable beating.

I mean Tate was great for a few games iirc. But otherwise pretty bad. My memory might not be that great tho.

Tate's numbers (2050/13/10) as a true frosh were good (64th in the nation), considering that only two other true freshmen who have started the season starting at QB for Michigan (Leach and Henne are the other two). After leading the team to a 4-0 start (including a memorable ND win), a tipped INT in the end zone--and a swiss cheese run defense--lead to a state OT win. Forcier suffered a concussion late in the Iowa game (a 28-30 loss), and it isn't inaccurate to say that we never saw the best of him again in a meaningful game. None the less, made All-Freshman B1G.

As we know, Robinson started the following season and became Pat White 2.0--Forcier's fate was sealed from the first game. Robinson racked up 383 yards of total offense against UConn, and then set the school record for total offense** against Notre Dame (502) in another memorable game. Forcier couldn't handle being the backup, got failed a drug test, and became an exile.

**Devin Gardner broke Robinson's record against Indiana in 2013 with a freakish 503 passing/81 rushing performance.

Has anyone seen the calamity that the MD team is right now? I guess they had a players only meeting. The coach was asked about it and didn't know about it.

I hope we give them a respectable beating.

Michigan should be properly motivated. Maryland beat these guys last year, the players remember and will want some revenge. This is Harbaughs first road game in the big 10, and Harbaugh is cut from the belichick cloth; when you smell blood, go for the kill.

Michigan should be properly motivated. Maryland beat these guys last year, the players remember and will want some revenge. This is Harbaughs first road game in the big 10, and Harbaugh is cut from the belichick cloth; when you smell blood, go for the kill.

I forgot we lost to Maryland. I forget a lot about last season.

listening to the local radio...Michigan will maize out that stadium based on reports of the secondary market markups that MD fans are getting.

Tate's numbers (2050/13/10) as a true frosh were good (64th in the nation), considering that only two other true freshmen who have started the season starting at QB for Michigan (Leach and Henne are the other two). After leading the team to a 4-0 start (including a memorable ND win), a tipped INT in the end zone--and a swiss cheese run defense--lead to a state OT win. Forcier suffered a concussion late in the Iowa game (a 28-30 loss), and it isn't inaccurate to say that we never saw the best of him again in a meaningful game. None the less, made All-Freshman B1G.

As we know, Robinson started the following season and became Pat White 2.0--Forcier's fate was sealed from the first game. Robinson racked up 383 yards of total offense against UConn, and then set the school record for total offense** against Notre Dame (502) in another memorable game. Forcier couldn't handle being the backup, got failed a drug test, and became an exile.

**Devin Gardner broke Robinson's record against Indiana in 2013 with a freakish 503 passing/81 rushing performance.

I've always thought Forcier could have been a special QB. We all saw the glimpses his freshman year, and that was a pretty bad team overall. A combination of injuries, a nightmarish Michigan defense, and a big ego all hurt him in the second half of the season. You're right, once Denard was named starter under an offense that suited RR's style, along with his issues coming into the 2010 season, he was done. He'll always be one of those guys you just wonder what could have been in a better situation (and if he was more mature). I certainly wouldn't say he was a bad QB.

Gardner's stats and records are some of the most mind-boggling things to me. Hell, his career was. I always like to call him the Benjamin Button of QBs. By the time he was a senior, he looked like a freshman out there.

Gardner's stats and records are some of the most mind-boggling things to me. Hell, his career was. I always like to call him the Benjamin Button of QBs. By the time he was a senior, he looked like a freshman out there.

Gardener has to be a function of Borges. He never had a real knowledge base to build off of with the offense because it seemed like they ran different things every week. Couple that with getting generally pummeled and he didn't stand much of a chance.

Given the weather. I wonder if Harbaugh puts out agriculture sprinklers and fire hoses for practice

I mean Tate was great for a few games iirc. But otherwise pretty bad. My memory might not be that great tho.

That's my recollection too.

Gardener has to be a function of Borges. He never had a real knowledge base to build off of with the offense because it seemed like they ran different things every week. Couple that with getting generally pummeled and he didn't stand much of a chance.

Rumor has it.... Gardener was a function of Hoke, and Borges took the fall for it. I can't verify it, just the counter-intuitive rumors I've heard.

Amazing analogy. Gardner's regression was so hard to watch.

I sometimes wonder about how things could have turned out differently for Scott Dreisbach.

Amen. Tony Bowles, but different.

Amazing analogy. Gardner's regression was so hard to watch.

I think when Devin was 18 he was a reasonable facsimile of Denard - ie. really quick. Quick enough to play the 1 on 11 and get away with it like Denard did enough to get by. By the time he was 22 he simply wasn't as quick and without a structured offense or capable O-Line or sufficiently accurate arm, he couldn't play 1 on 11 with any success anymore.

Edited by Gehringer_2

I thought it was the reverse- he had been asked to get his drinking under control for years prior to the incident and that was the final straw b/c they felt it publicly embarrassed the university. Plus, Carr was seen as his equal or close to it and there probably wasn't going to be a drop off.

That could be. I was at an event that was filled with triple digit type donors a few years ago and heard that story about Moeller.

If this weather is the real deal, would they go play inside somewhere? Delay it a day or two? Seems like we could be in for an adventure.

If this weather is the real deal, would they go play inside somewhere? Delay it a day or two? Seems like we could be in for an adventure.

Its going to be sloppy on Saturday but not actual hurricane yet.

I think when Devin was 18 he was a reasonable facsimile of Denard - ie. really quick. Quick enough to play the 1 on 11 and get away with it like Denard did enough to get by. By the time he was 22 he simply wasn't as quick and without a structured offense or capable O-Line or sufficiently accurate arm, he couldn't play 1 on 11 with any success anymore.

Gardner was a long strider with good enough quicks when he came to AA, but you are definitely right that he seemed slower by the time he was a senior. If his hot read wasn't there when he started feeling pressure--uh oh.

Gardner was a long strider with good enough quicks when he came to AA, but you are definitely right that he seemed slower by the time he was a senior. If his hot read wasn't there when he started feeling pressure--uh oh.

I think it all changed for Gardner during the Michigan State game in his Junior season. He took a hit that game where he just crumbled to the turf .. & was never the same.

I think it all changed for Gardner during the Michigan State game in his Junior season. He took a hit that game where he just crumbled to the turf .. & was never the same.

Yeah, that game felt like a turning point for sure. That was one of the truest *** kickins I've ever seen on a football field.