CapitalTigers

Bruce Rondon Sent Home Due to "Effort Level"

Well, looks like the first making a statement move by the Avila GM team and Ausmus. This is interesting:

“Bruce Rondon because of his effort level has been sent home,” Ausmus said. “Other than saying Al Avila and myself completely agreed on it, there will be no other details or comment.”

Rondon has pitched 31 innings this year as a reliever, allowing 31 hits and 22 runs (20 of them earned). Just the day before he sent Rondon home, Ausmus had said that Rondon could affect next season the most out of anyone on the team by his performance in the final stretch of the season.

Relief Pitcher Bruce Rondon Sent Home For Season Due To ‘Effort Level’ « CBS Detroit

Chris McCosky ‏@cmccosky 16m16 minutes ago

Alex Avila: "To be a big component on the team, you've got to be here on the team. There's nothing else really for me to say."

This is likely another nail in Ausmus' coffin. I'm not blaming Ausmus for Rondon's lack of effort, but it doesn't help Ausmus' cause to remain our manager in 2016.

This is likely another nail in Ausmus' coffin. I'm not blaming Ausmus for Rondon's lack of effort, but it doesn't help Ausmus' cause to remain our manager in 2016.

I think Ausmus is gone too, but maybe this might actually help his case. If this was Ausmus and not AA telling Brad what to do, I like it.

I've felt, and written several times, I think Brad gives the guys too much leeway. I like this move. I'm not sure I like the public humiliation aspect of the move, but it sends a message.

I think Ausmus is gone too, but maybe this might actually help his case. If this was Ausmus and not AA telling Brad what to do, I like it.

I've felt, and written several times, I think Brad gives the guys too much leeway. I like this move. I'm not sure I like the public humiliation aspect of the move, but it sends a message.

This is a case of attempting to correct undesirable behavior through public shaming. Rondon is young enough where it might work, but that depends on his personality and motivation.

Ausmus seems to be far in the "player's manager" camp. That works well for some guys, and not for others (i.e., Rondon).

I think it's already nailed shut and underground. They just haven't covered it yet. I don't blame this on him anyway. Eddie Bajek pointed out that Rondon was also one of the few players sent back to the Venezuelan League early in his development stateside. Maybe, he's just fat and lazy.

I think it's already nailed shut and underground. ...

IDK, I'm actually beginning to wonder just a little bit. The atmospherics are giving me cognitive dissonance.

RE: Ausmus. My wife, who is not a fan asked me the other day if Ausmus was a Mr I hire. She knows enough about the organization and the Ilitich's to see this as a possibility.

Could this be another case of DD following the boss' orders (or not following the end of July)

I like this...I don't really care who made the decision. It's a good standard and a good thing to get settled before penciling in Rondon for a major role next season.

RE: Ausmus. My wife, who is not a fan asked me the other day if Ausmus was a Mr I hire. She knows enough about the organization and the Ilitich's to see this as a possibility.

Could this be another case of DD following the boss' orders (or not following the end of July)

Rumors are just the opposite. That Ilitch was highly skeptical of the hire from moment one and that DD's defense of Ausmus played a big role in the rift that lead to DD's canning.

Guys, Brad is gone. Everyone, including him, knows it. But, as long as he is still here, he is going to act like he's the manager for keeps. That's being a professional. Bruce has a great arm, but obviously he's not listening to advice or putting in the work and with a lot of young pitchers around, they needed to show it won't be tolerated. I think he's a bust, but he's still young and as long as you have that kind of gas, there's a chance to get it together.

What a nightmare season. 12 games left and it can finally be put to bed.

The Rangers had a year like this last year and bounced back, not giving up permanent hope here.

I'm not sure I've ever seen this before.

I was going to research it, but I'll let someone else do it.

Don't like it. Would prefer they lied, said he was working hard, and traded him. But maybe no other org was dumb enough to want him

Well, normally it would be a roster issue. And they would have to demote him, or put him on the DL, although I guess there may also be some sort of rarely used inactive/restricted list option. But with expanded rosters, I guess there is latitude to just send a guy home without a roster move. You just pay him to go home and think about things. But it does make me wonder if the Union gets involved here.

Does he still get paid? I mean, if he doesn't give a **** anyway and still gets paid, what kind of impact does it really have?

Does he still get paid? I mean, if he doesn't give a **** anyway and still gets paid, what kind of impact does it really have?

Well it doesn't look good when other employers are looking at him in the offseason.

I think it's already nailed shut and underground. They just haven't covered it yet. I don't blame this on him anyway. Eddie Bajek pointed out that Rondon was also one of the few players sent back to the Venezuelan League early in his development stateside. Maybe, he's just fat and lazy.

http://youtu.be/u1hnwvWhbJw

Not sure what it proves since he's not getting his salary docked unless they suspended him for cause.

If he's ACTUALLY going back to Venezuela...he's going to get a wake up call. Yo, Bruce...better bring toilet paper