Shinma

9/20/15. Lions at Vikings. Week 2.

I want to get all over stafford for the inaccurate passes when he had time, but that might have been a byproduct of getting beaten down during the other plays. Hopefully he's not concussed.

Let's go Seahawks

I can't possibly root for Seattle. Easily my least favorite team in the NFL.

I can't possibly root for Seattle. Easily my least favorite team in the NFL.

I know what you mean sagnam, I feel the same about the Bears. But if they were playing the Packers tonight I’d root for them. When your enemy’s enemy is playing your enemy, you root for your enemy’s enemy. Even though they’re also your enemy.

Seriously, anything to help salvage the Lion’s season at this point. Any Packer loss is a good loss. Especially a conference opponent at Lambeau

I know what you mean sagnam, I feel the same about the Bears. But if they were playing the Packers tonight I’d root for them. When your enemy’s enemy is playing your enemy, you root for your enemy’s enemy. Even though they’re also your enemy.

Seriously, anything to help salvage the Lion’s season at this point. Any Packer loss is a good loss. Especially a conference opponent at Lambeau

I think the Lions are so far beneath the Packers that that the outcome of this game will have no bearing on the Lions playoff chances. They will eliminate themselves.

How much better would things be going had Aaron Donald been our draft pick and not Eric Ebron? I ask this question because at some point we have to look at the talent (or lack thereof) on the field and start pointing fingers at the front office for why there is such a void. Making changes in the front office has to be brought up if this continues throughout the season too.

I've been an Ebron supporter,but there's no question that Donald would have made us a much better team. Or others picked behind him. I hope Ebron at least maxes out the talent he does have.

Arizona isn't any good. The Lions should beat them in Detroit.

A few quick points

- Arizona looks good as far as the eye test goes

- They did beat two teams that look putrid

- and I was right on NO sucking as I Arizona being good so far

- I take my self too seriously :)

A few quick points

- Arizona looks good as far as the eye test goes

- They did beat two teams that look putrid

- and I was right on NO sucking as I Arizona being good so far

- I take my self too seriously :)

The Bears offense was moving the ball against them until Cutler got hurt.

I can't say that Arizona is good or bad. They've played two bad teams so far.

I have a four year streak going. I can't imagine why anyone still watches this team. I tuned in for 15 minutes and realized I had something err anything better to do.

Hater.

After seeing the Lions look like garbage for about the whole game today, the chances of them starting 0-4 went up to around 95%.

If they do go 0-4, does Lombardi get fired first?

Nobody will get fired. The Lions won't fire Caldwell before 4 years and Caldwell won't fire Lombardi. Besides, Lombardi would only leave to go to someplace like Tampa Bay or Cleveland or Washington and turn their offense into a Top 5 in the NFL.

I've been an Ebron supporter,but there's no question that Donald would have made us a much better team. Or others picked behind him. I hope Ebron at least maxes out the talent he does have.

Someone mentioned Donald earlier in the thread today and it led me to re-read the Ebron draft pick thread. Pretty entertaining stuff.

Btw, terrible loss by the Lions, their season is pretty much in ruins. They were physically man-handled much like they were last week. They have to fix it overnight, or it's going to be 0-4 in a hurry. They aren't blocking, running, or getting open. It's not on Stafford. You can't throw the ball 50 times and expect to win.

I didn't read the whole thread. Was the blame on Stafford from most? The offense had some rhythm going I thought he was bad on the INT and the next drive. The run game and the OL frustrated me a lot more. and that 2 point call......

Petersen obviously got his on us. O put the D on the field too much in the second half. I think AP had 60 yards on 16 carries after the 1st. Bridgewater was efficient and didn't turn it over and was sacked only once. If you can't sack and/or pick off the QB in this league you are in big trouble.

The problem with Donald is that he is undersized. I am against undersized dt's and guards.

You make an exception for elite talents though.

Fwiw I had Donald rated higher than Ebron, but wanted Ebron because I didn't think we needed to invest another high pick at DT. Picking up Fairley's option and drafting Donald would have put us in an entirely different position right now no doubt.

You make an exception for elite talents though.

Fwiw I had Donald rated higher than Ebron, but wanted Ebron because I didn't think we needed to invest another high pick at DT. Picking up Fairley's option and drafting Donald would have put us in an entirely different position right now no doubt.

Fairley is nothing but trouble. Just give me two high motor guys who will plug holes for the most part inside. I prefer a bull rush in these days in the NFL. Get in the QB's grille, don't let them have easy access. Too many times Suh made great moves on the guard just to run past the play; opening a huge holes. I just want stout, solid guys.

Fairley is nothing but trouble. Just give me two high motor guys who will plug holes for the most part inside. I prefer a bull rush in these days in the NFL. Get in the QB's grille, don't let them have easy access. Too many times Suh made great moves on the guard just to run past the play; opening a huge holes. I just want stout, solid guys.

Fairley is extremely talented if he can stay healthy. The lions dline was a dominant force with him and suh last year and not nearly as good without him.

The point is that the lions defense got to be so good because of the line. And then they let them all leave. Complete roster mismanagement.

Ebron may develop into a fine receiver, but how many of those can you have without a good offensive or defensive line?

They could easily be looking at 0-4, but i'll reserve judgment on them jntil i see them play at home.

I didn't read the whole thread. Was the blame on Stafford from most? The offense had some rhythm going I thought he was bad on the INT and the next drive. The run game and the OL frustrated me a lot more. and that 2 point call......

Generally speaking, few had anything positive to say about Stafford, but the OL really was horrendous. Stafford needs to play better... there's no question there. But with this OL?? There's very few QBs who could do a darn thing out there.

I remember early on when the Lions were 3rd and long... the Vikings dropped 8 back into pass coverage, rushing only three. And they STILL pressured Stafford early. 3 against 5 and they still broke through. Stafford was getting destroyed out there. How he doesn't have multiple broken bones I have no idea.

Petersen obviously got his on us. O put the D on the field too much in the second half. I think AP had 60 yards on 16 carries after the 1st. Bridgewater was efficient and didn't turn it over and was sacked only once. If you can't sack and/or pick off the QB in this league you are in big trouble.

Honestly, the defense was bad... I'm not going to defend them. But the NFL is an offensive league right now. All the rules help the O. Detroit have up 26 points. But look at scores from this past Week: Only 18 teams scored fewer than 26 and half of those still had over 20 points. I'm not forgiving the defense. They didn't do a good job. But they weren't just awful either. 26 Points, especially when the O can't sustain drives, is not horrendous.

(BTW, in case you are curious... only one team scored fewer points than Detroit. Philly only got 10.)

I FOUND MY POSITIVE!!!

Being the guy who always likes to try and find the good in all, I found the positive take away from yesterdays game: The Lions sucked right from the first play... so there was no false hope that they were going to win that game.

I taped the game and started watching around 2:30. I was able to fast forward through so much of that puke-fest that I was live early in the 4th qtr. I had the game on until the bitter end, but wasn't even really following it. Heck, I spent more time watching the Tigers debacle then the Lions yesterday.

This is the most disappointing Lions team I can remember. Just a horrible start to the year.

Yeah... I guess I agree. Most media talking heads were saying that the Lions were going to be good... at least playoff caliber. Some were calling the Lions a dark horse SB candidate. Even most people who were done on them were only down a little... like 8-8 or so.

And to be fair, it's still entirely possible that they could go 8-8 or better. But that crap-fest yesterday does not make me feel good about that.