hail2mich

GDT: Oregon State at Michigan 9/12/2015

B1G Apologizes to Harbaugh for the roughing the kicker penalty. Harbaugh was wrong on the PI call.

Nick Baumgardner ‏@nickbaumgardner 7m7 minutes ago

Jim Harbaugh gets apology from B1G on punt foul, but admits going 1-for-2 in sideline battles Jim Harbaugh gets apology from B1G on punt foul, but admits going 1-for-2 in sideline arguments | MLive.com

I wonder about the interference no call in the end zone.

I wonder about the interference no call in the end zone.

Well, there is a difference. The roughing the kicker call was bad because it seemed the refs didn't get the rules right there and the pass interference was judgement call, a shirt yank was missed. Judgement calls are missed all game long and is more of a human element..........not understanding the rules is a big mistake.

Maybe but it might be too late for Michigan to take that chance. Who knows.

I think your initial read was right on. JB seems to be bringing in as many overachieving Stanford-type* of recruits as possible, not to be confused as guys who want to play for a "chill" coach.

*Stanford had to pre-accept all football recruits academically before they could offer them scholarships as of five or six years ago, not sure if that is still the case but I would be shocked if that has changed.

Not sure I agree with this.

I wouldn't agree with it either. I was pretty liquored up early that day.

Well, there is a difference. The roughing the kicker call was bad because it seemed the refs didn't get the rules right there and the pass interference was judgement call, a shirt yank was missed. Judgement calls are missed all game long and is more of a human element..........not understanding the rules is a big mistake.

Except Harbaugh was arguing about the offensive interference call on his receiver too and brought it up along with roughing call. (He said he was wrong about that after watching film.)

Harbaugh is nothing more than a .500 coach. He was .500 for the 49ers last year and he's .500 now. I don't understand the hype.

And Einstein was a patent clerk

Harbaugh is nothing more than a .500 coach. He was .500 for the 49ers last year and he's .500 now. I don't understand the hype.

Back to the people.

Back to the people.

Long time listener, first time caller. With Tomsula now possessing the highest winning percentage in the history of the 49ers, does that prove that Harbaugh should have won it all last year? I'm going to hang up and listen, Roll Tide

At Stanford he started winning when Andrew Luck started playing well. Nothing to do with Harbaugh. Nothing at all.

The 49ers were just about to peak when he joined them and he made a lucky call with Kaepernick and lucked his way into the Super Bowl. His little stunt of making the power go out was not enough to win that Super Bowl.

Rich Rod is UNDEFEATED at Arizona this season. Nobody has beaten him. Nobody. His teams beat great programs University of Texas-San Antonio and Nevada. Unstoppable.

Harbaugh was supposed to bring Michigan football back to glory. They are .500. His era is one of failure. How much longer can we tolerate this? Fire him now.

I think Rich Rod will go far, despite it not working for him at UM, and what really killed him was that he didn't figure out how to leverage what he had at UM for recruiting. If he had had better athletes coming onto the D side of the ball in his last 2 yrs he probably could have been a lot more successful.

And it's also weird that Brady ended up being so much the inverse of RR, i.e. Brady was a much better recruiter than coach. Of course the recruiting success for Brady was not going to be sustainable since wasn't turning it into winning.

I think Rich Rod will go far, despite it not working for him at UM, and what really killed him was that he didn't figure out how to leverage what he had at UM for recruiting. If he had had better athletes coming onto the D side of the ball in his last 2 yrs he probably could have been a lot more successful.

And it's also weird that Brady ended up being so much the inverse of RR, i.e. Brady was a much better recruiter than coach. Of course the recruiting success for Brady was not going to be sustainable since wasn't turning it into winning.

RR not getting Castille to AA was his a fatal wound for his tenure, as somehow couldn't find ANYONE else to run his odd-stack defense. I'm not sure about the Midwest, but there were a ton of high school and college programs running the 3-5-3 odd-stack in the south during that time period. Hiring defensive coordinators who have never run that defense never made sense to me.

RR's special teams were also a huge problem to me. His inability to find a real quality kicker for Michigan was also a big deal, and peripherally, bringing Hagerup to AA instead of lifelong Wolverine fan Mike Sadler turned into a genuine sideshow. Gibbons was kept on, amidst sexual assault charges to back up sub-standard ability, was downright terrible. Anyone remember how bad Gallon was at returning punts, but RR kept sending him back out there? You can shake a tree anywhere south of the I-4 corridor and a quality return man will fall out, just not sure how RR decided that Gallon was "his guy" as PR for two seasons?

I rooted for RR and I continue to wish his teams success. The inroads he made in FL recruiting here was very exciting for me, as at that time I was covering and evaluating the HS Football scene in this part of FL. When Hoke came on, the FL pipeline was cut off per a directive from the top (Brandon was always my guess). While there were plenty of RR players from here that didn't perform to expectation (Ricardo Miller, the kids from "The Muck", and more) there were others like Robinson and Gallon who set school records. A mixed bag, yes, but the high-ceiling kids are all over the place down here each and every year.

Brady's secret recruiting sauce IMO was always Mattison. He brought the juice of that Ravens defense with him on the recruiting trail that landed us some really talented kids. As we see from Hoke's leftovers, that kind of pull wasn't there for offensive skill players unless we're counting Morris who was always rated about a star too high in HS.

Just my .02.