hail2mich

GDT: Oregon State at Michigan 9/12/2015

Our punt team refuses to let peppers return it. Calling punt blocks. Getting penalties. Block and then let peppers return. Stop with the nonsense.

Took the KO and didn't do real well!

It's hard to believe that an NFL team would get rid of a coach that won nearly 70% of his games in the first 4 seasons he coached there, and took them to a SB. I've got a feeling that the 49er's are going to have a rough year.

It's hard to believe that an NFL team would get rid of a coach that won nearly 70% of his games in the first 4 seasons he coached there, and took them to a SB. I've got a feeling that the 49er's are going to have a rough year.

When you have a guy like York born at 3rd base who thinks he hit a triple, it's not uncommon to see exactly this kind of thing.

No flag on that??? That looked like pass interference.

Yeah - no 'looked like it' about it. Well, we'll have to look for the make-up call a little later on....:wink:

WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THESE OFFICIALS ? I HAVE THE WORST EYESIGHT IN THE STATE AND WATCHING ON A SMALL STANDARD DEF TV AND I SAW THAT !

TBF, from the one camera angle it did look like the closest official behind the play couldn't have seen it, but what about the other guys?

Linemen are doing a good job of getting down field, reaching the point of first contact with the runner and pushing the pile forward.

EDIT: difference between Ore State and Utah: Chesson can beat this corner clean on the pitch pass

Edited by Gehringer_2

Harbaugh is going to have to send the defense down to Glick to run gassers to get their work in because the O isn't letting them on the field.

TBF, from the one camera angle it did look like the closest official behind the play couldn't have seen it, but what about the other guys?

Who are you?

"I'm the guy who does his job.......you must be the other guy".

I'm a little worried that the WRs don't seem to be able to get any separation at all. That will hurt against good defenses, who will just stuff the box to stop the run. Durkin did a nice job after OSU's first drive making the freshman QB beat them. They really didn't have any running room at all .. & there was good coverage by the DBs.

Rudock is appreciably worse than Gardner thus far. He looks like he is going to fall over just from taking a snap.

And the RB Smith. Might be the worst in the country.

Not sure I agree with this.

Not sure I agree with this.

Yeah - he and Chesson have not gotten on the same page deep yet, but Rudock throws the short and intermediate ball 100x better than Gardner did.

Yeah - he and Chesson have not gotten on the same page deep yet, but Rudock throws the short and intermediate ball 100x better than Gardner did.

Even with the bad INT in the 2nd half, Rudock looked alright today. Nothing flashy, but very consistent. I agree with what hutch said, I'm not sure the WR's are giving Rudock a whole lot of options when they don't get separation. Maybe Rudock is just waiting too long to deliver the ball, but it often feels like the defense is right next to our WR's on many passes. It doesn't seem like they get a lot of YAC, but the stats may say differently.

The running game looked good, and the defense is just getting better and better. Good week #2. Makes me think that Michigan should take care of a weak UNLV team, and a beat up BYU to finish its OOC schedule . If feel pretty good about the game @ Maryland too. NW is a question mark as they had a GREAT week #1. I'm thinking Michigan should be favored in every game till MSU with the exception of possibly NW. Should make for some good times in AA.

Ruddock is a classic game manager, LOL at the Gardner comparison as a QB.

Chesson and Darboh are good enough to take the heat off the other skill players, IMO, but if a slot WR can step up--watch out.

Bunting caught some key passes today, good to see we have another reliable set of hands out there.

All three of Michigan's running backs showed up today, maybe Drake Johnson's return will bring out the best in these guys. The more competition, the better. Issac showed some vision and burst even if he isn't a true 4.4 burner like the recruiting sites advertised. Green showed vision and effort, looked harder to tackle than he has ever looked against any non-Mac-type team. Smith did his best Hoard impersonation and hit some holes . . . dragged some bodies. Can't wait to see Drake back, though!

Line was encouraging today, but we all know State will be a true test of their technique, strength and execution. Heck, BYU always has quality big bodies in their front 8. We'll call that the warm-up for their mid-term.

Peppers' move to safety lets him wind up and lay wood to opposing WR, and doesn't expose him in pass coverage so much. Not saying he is horrible in coverage, but he sure isn't Law/Warren type of cover corner.

Wormley is growing up right before our eyes this year, enjoy the show.

Harbaugh blowing up on that horrible roughing call was great--officials need to be worked.

Overall, a solid game from Michigan over what will probably be a .500 team.

Ruddock is a classic game manager, LOL at the Gardner comparison as a QB.

Chesson and Darboh are good enough to take the heat off the other skill players, IMO, but if a slot WR can step up--watch out.

Bunting caught some key passes today, good to see we have another reliable set of hands out there.

All three of Michigan's running backs showed up today, maybe Drake Johnson's return will bring out the best in these guys. The more competition, the better. Issac showed some vision and burst even if he isn't a true 4.4 burner like the recruiting sites advertised. Green showed vision and effort, looked harder to tackle than he has ever looked against any non-Mac-type team. Smith did his best Hoard impersonation and hit some holes . . . dragged some bodies. Can't wait to see Drake back, though!

Line was encouraging today, but we all know State will be a true test of their technique, strength and execution. Heck, BYU always has quality big bodies in their front 8. We'll call that the warm-up for their mid-term.

Peppers' move to safety lets him wind up and lay wood to opposing WR, and doesn't expose him in pass coverage so much. Not saying he is horrible in coverage, but he sure isn't Law/Warren type of cover corner.

Wormley is growing up right before our eyes this year, enjoy the show.

Harbaugh blowing up on that horrible roughing call was great--officials need to be worked.

Overall, a solid game from Michigan over what will probably be a .500 team.

Rudock is the best option they have, but if their running game doesn't work, Michigan's defense better come close to a shutout because I can't see him carrying a team at all, game manager is a good description, and they're gonna need more some days. But I should be fair and give the guy a couple of more weeks under Harbaugh. I won't be critical too much of Gardner because I think he was trending to be really good and he got beat up so much from that weak line that he had PTSD and it stunted any growth. We saw what he was capable of in that Ohio State game a couple of years ago, but he couldn't do that every week.......the kid just got beat down. If he'd been the QB in the Chad Henne era, when they had a line and running game, he'd have been a national star.

Chesson and Darboh are good receivers, but they both need to play well and stay healthy because the team seems a bit thin at Receiver this year

As far as the line and running backs go - Remember this was Oregon State today. What they did do really well was wear down the defense eventually into submission at the end. Big 10 teams are going to be much harder to wear down like that and the line is going to need to be better from the start of the game.

Love Peppers in space, the dude could run down a deer. I really look forward to seeing him in some offensive packages. I don't think we'll see that wrinkle until Big Ten season starts, unless the team gets into trouble with BYU and has to spring it on them. Why show your hand before you have to?

The first quarter was bad, but the team made great adjustments defensively and the offense did what I thought they would do under Harbaugh...........wear 'em down. But they will still need to be quite a bit better against BYU and a lot better against the Big Ten. Build some momentum in the UNLV game and maybe give some depth guys some plays and then it's BYU, and that game will be a lot tougher than today.

As far as the line and running backs go - Remember this was Oregon State today. What they did do really well was wear down the defense eventually into submission at the end. Big 10 teams are going to be much harder to wear down like that and the line is going to need to be better from the start of the game.

The most disconcerting thing was watching the 1st quarter of the MSU/Oregon game. It was like they were a couple of 78 recordings but the UM/OSU game had been played back at 33 1/3.