ROMAD1

Why not hire Gardenhire?

Should Ron Gardenhire be the next Tigers manager?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ron Gardenhire be the next Tigers manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if all better options are exhausted (explain)

Thats intetesting. Have to go find another computer to test on.

You may not have enough posts in this thread for your browser to trust that it's the thread you're best suited for.

You may not have enough posts in this thread for your browser to trust that it's the thread you're best suited for.

Some people have a large enough sample of posts that we know they'll never be good posters, but they get to keep posting in any thread because the mods are morons.

LOL!

It seems to be tied to my user ID. If I log out I can bring up the thread. If I log in, even with the browser open in this thread, it takes me to the billy sims story. Too funny.

At any rate I agree about Ausmus' use of Wilson. It basically fits the pattern of ignoring results for too long. Same thing as the running game. Anyone with eyes open would have changed course. Brad only stopped using Joba in leverage (and so shifted to Wilson/Hardy) because he was taken off the roster. I bet he'd be using him at leverage today with his ERA north of Greenland.

Edited by Gehringer_2

Some people have a large enough sample of posts that we know they'll never be good posters, but they get to keep posting in any thread because the mods are morons.

I am not convinced yet that he is capable of posting in a thread that reaches this level of intensity... its a lot of pressure.

Best trade in years.

i;; miss benke !!!!!! but yeah you;re probably right,

Speaking of terrible punctuation, I sometimes think Sportz is Benke.

This is the team that made Feliz a setup man after two appearances. Joba was immediately the 8th inning guy to start the season. I don't think they had to wait until June to start trusting him.

Exactly. The Joba thing was just a joke. If you thought he was your go-to eighth-inning guy all along, why in the hell did you wait until the first day of spring training to sign him? The fact that he was still able to be signed on that day should have indicated that he was probably NOT that guy. But despite what Brad led us to believe early on, Joba did pretty much get slotted right back into the eighth-inning role. And again he stunk pretty quickly. Meanwhile, Wilson has pitched well all year, but it took injuries and trades to get him to the eighth inning.

I liked Wilson because he was young, seemed to have good stuff and had done decently well pitching in the majors for Boston. I thought he would be in our pen most of the year, though I didn't expect him to be as great as he's been.

Bernie Smilovitz just teased during the Pats/Steeler game that major Tigers changes are coming--he'll report on it during the 11 o clock news--anyone know what he's talking about?

Bernie Smilovitz just teased during the Pats/Steeler game that major Tigers changes are coming--he'll report on it during the 11 o clock news--anyone know what he's talking about?

None of the beat reporters is tweeting anything about this... Yet

I thought Leyland was a bad manager, but Ausmus has really made me appreciate him more. There's a big difference between a guy who makes some suboptimal decisions but knows the game well and does some smart things and a guy who seems completely overwhelmed and probably scared of spheroids coming near him.

While I would rather be mauled by enraged gorillas than have to suffer the indignity of Ron Gardenhire managing my team, I expect he'd seem pretty good in the PA (post Ausmus) world as well.

Someone named Dan Pasquerelli reports that Ausmus has been fired.

Dan Pasquerelli ‏@theshowdannyp 6m6 minutes ago

Brad Ausmus has been fired as #Tigers manager

Someone named Dan Pasquerelli reports that Ausmus has been fired.

Dan Pasquerelli ‏@theshowdannyp 6m6 minutes ago

Brad Ausmus has been fired as #Tigers manager

He was just tweeting bad information cause he didn't understand what WDIV was saying.

While "He Who Cannot Be Named" on this site is definitely one of the biggest pieces of **** on planet Earth, this is why I go to that site from time to time. Now that the "Legitimate" news has picked up the story, I guess it is a real thing to be discussed.

This season, the pitching rotation has been terrible.

This season, the bullpen has been terrible.

This season, there have been injuries to key players and some key players have underperformed.

Please tell me how this is Ausmus' fault and how could any other manager prevented the above.

This season, the pitching rotation has been terrible.

This season, the bullpen has been terrible.

This season, there have been injuries to key players and some key players have underperformed.

Please tell me how this is Ausmus' fault and how could any other manager prevented the above.

This season, Brad made a lot of terrible moves that were beyond explanation.

Being able to prevent catastrophe wasn't possible. That doesn't also mean he himself didn't do a terrible job as well.

I don't understand why people find it so hard to evaluate a manager past what the players do.

While "He Who Cannot Be Named" on this site is definitely one of the biggest pieces of **** on planet Earth, this is why I go to that site from time to time. Now that the "Legitimate" news has picked up the story, I guess it is a real thing to be discussed.

Yep, I hate to admit it, it's like a dirty little secret I'd like to keep hidden under the bed, but it's true.

To be honest though it's probably good long term for this to have happened. Say Brad did the right things and it mattered to the point where the team within a few games of a WC and Cespedes and Price are not traded. Do you think the team would have sustained it and made a run? I don't. The bullpen still sucks. Sanchez got hurt. I think we'd be around .500 if we still had those 2 along with Soria... and I think the disappointment would have been deeper.

Being able to prevent catastrophe wasn't possible. That doesn't also mean he himself didn't do a terrible job as well.

I don't understand why people find it so hard to evaluate a manager past what the players do.

Concur.

To be honest though it's probably good long term for this to have happened. Say Brad did the right things and it mattered to the point where the team within a few games of a WC and Cespedes and Price are not traded. Do you think the team would have sustained it and made a run? I don't. The bullpen still sucks. Sanchez got hurt. I think we'd be around .500 if we still had those 2 along with Soria... and I think the disappointment would have been deeper.

Yup. Which is why half the board was rooting for losses that last week leading up to the deadline. It was definitely time to take a step back and "reboot".

Nobody is saying that Ausmus is good. People are saying he is receiving too much blame and attention.

I think it is very ironic that the Tigers leadership will be leaving Ausmus on the job longer than rational outsiders think he should be. I'll bet Anibal Sanchez is giggling to himself about that.