Shinma

9/13/15. Lions at Chargers. Week 1.

Warford out. Reid out. Levy probably out.

Waddle and ebron probably in.

Worried about Waddle getting hurt again, or not being ready for action. Worried about Levy in general and until he comes back. Worried that Ngata has missed so much that he'll be a non-factor, or maybe even a liability. Would have liked to carry a healthy D into this game, feeling less confident about picking a win here. Hope the offense can handle business and buy the D another week to heal up.

Feeling lots of excitement and anxiety heading into this weekend. At least I'm not bored anymore! Welcome back, Lions football!!

PFF just posted their 2015 QB rankings...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/12/ranking-all-32-nfl-starting-qbs/

Stafford came in at #18, Rivers clocked in at #6. I think Rivers is a touch high, Stafford a touch low.

Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions (74.3)

Stafford is one of the few quarterbacks in recent years to overcome early-career struggles, though there is still a final step that appears to be missing. 2013 looked like he turned a corner for the better, and his first game of 2014 was one of the best we saw from any QB all season, but following it up with negatives in eight of the next nine games was concerning. Stafford is headed down a path very similar to Cutler, where we may be left wondering if and when the light will go from flickering to full power to see just what his potential may bring.

Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (85.6)

Rivers bounced back nice from a subpar 2012 season to re-establish himself as one of the league’s best in 2013. He continued that roll early in 2014 before grading at -3.3 over his last eight games of the year, but his body of work keeps him solidly in Tier 2. Overall, he’s one of the league’s best when throwing to the intermediate level, and he handles pressure better than most.

PFF just posted their 2015 QB rankings...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/12/ranking-all-32-nfl-starting-qbs/

Stafford came in at #18, Rivers clocked in at #6. I think Rivers is a touch high, Stafford a touch low.

Admittedly I don't see a bunch of Rivers, but to me I would put him around 9 or 10 and Stafford around 12 or 13. I think I would clearly take Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning and Brady over Rivers. So that's 7 right there and you could make strong arguments for guys like Ryan, Eli and Romo too.

When the schedule came out I figured win for today. Gut telling me otherwise this morning. Hopefully I am wrong.

Also, if any of you are interested in a draft kings private league ($5 to enter, 7/20 entries, winner take all) PM me for a link. No weekly commitment.

Lions 27 - Chargers 17. It comes down to Matt Stafford being better than the guy on the other team. If Stafford outperforms Rivers, we win this game no questions asked.

Worried about Waddle getting hurt again, or not being ready for action. Worried about Levy in general and until he comes back. Worried that Ngata has missed so much that he'll be a non-factor, or maybe even a liability. Would have liked to carry a healthy D into this game, feeling less confident about picking a win here. Hope the offense can handle business and buy the D another week to heal up.

Feeling lots of excitement and anxiety heading into this weekend. At least I'm not bored anymore! Welcome back, Lions football!!

You a fan of the Detroit "Football" Lions, why on Earth would ever worry about this franchise? Relax, breath, deep breaths!!!

Some somewhat surprising scores early. Starting 3rd quarter Bears have a modest lead on the Packers.

Bills are 23 up on Colts

Some somewhat surprising scores early. Starting 3rd quarter Bears have a modest lead on the Packers.

Bills are 23 up on Colts

Looks like the always overrated Colts are at it again, struggling against good teams. The Bills could be really REALLY dangerous is Tyrod Taylor is indeed legit, they have everything else you'd want on a good team and finally a legit coach to mold it together.

On another note, Suh did nothing in the 1st half. :happy:

Looks like the always overrated Colts are at it again, struggling against good teams. The Bills could be really REALLY dangerous is Tyrod Taylor is indeed legit, they have everything else you'd want on a good team and finally a legit coach to mold it together.

On another note, Suh did nothing in the 1st half. :happy:

Pack were just baiting every one. They are master baiters.

The amusing thing about the Dolphins vs. Redskins is that no matter what I get to enjoy the energy of a Redskins win or a loss because i'm totally not invested. I think bad teams are way more interesting for outsiders.

Of course the NFL and the networks are so in the tank on the PC stuff that they would never allow the currently named team to get further than the first round of the playoffs. They can take the heat for the Lions who are still paying for Henry Ford's antisemitism.

The amusing thing about the Dolphins vs. Redskins is that no matter what I get to enjoy the energy of a Redskins win or a loss because i'm totally not invested. I think bad teams are way more interesting for outsiders.

Of course the NFL and the networks are so in the tank on the PC stuff that they would never allow the currently named team to get further than the first round of the playoffs. They can take the heat for the Lions who are still paying for Henry Ford's antisemitism.

Not sure if serious...