hail2mich

GDT: Michigan at Utah 9/3/2015

You can't let a guy be your QB when he makes decisions like that. That was Scott Mitchell-esque.

Well props to Matt Dery I guess. He ranted all week that Ruduck was not good enough.

I don't want to judge based on one game, but this looks like a team that is marginally improved from last year (after all, they lost to this team 26-10 at home in a completely dreadful performance) but with an absolutely horrendous QB.

If you have someone competent they're probably up 21-17 at this point. There easy touchdowns missed and three horrible interceptions thrown. That's a performance that could single-handedly lose nearly any game

Gardner...Rudock...what's difference (besides Gardner could run)?

Gardner only played this badly when he was absolutely under siege and then horribly injured due to years of terrible O-Line play.

I have no such justification for this...

It also speaks to how much of a complete bust Shane Morris is that every report stated he was significantly worse than Rudock in every practice/scrimmage

Well props to Matt Dery I guess. He ranted all week that Ruduck was not good enough.

It's hard to believe Rudock is a fifth year senior based on his performance tonight. I don't think anyone expected him to be spectacular, but steady and not being a prominent reason for losing was a realistic expectation.

I don't want to judge based on one game, but this looks like a team that is marginally improved from last year (after all, they lost to this team 26-10 at home in a completely dreadful performance) but with an absolutely horrendous QB.

If you have someone competent they're probably up 21-17 at this point. There easy touchdowns missed and three horrible interceptions thrown. That's a performance that could single-handedly lose nearly any game

Morris must be really bad.

Also the O-Line still seems terrible, which is the one thing out of this game that has honestly been a surprise and disappointment to me.

Also the O-Line still seems terrible, which is the one thing out of this game that has honestly been a surprise and disappointment to me.

pass protection was fine. I think it's hard to be that critical of the O Line when Smith is such a pedestrian back. He has no speed, no drive, and misses the gap half the time.

pass protection was fine. I think it's hard to be that critical of the O Line when Smith is such a pedestrian back. He has no speed, no drive, and misses the gap half the time.

I think he's an excellent power runner, but he seems to have zero vision for the holes which is pretty disastrous.

That said, he's been getting crushed in the backfield on nearly every play. The run blocking has not been good.

The lack of good coaching during the Hoke regime is likely a factor behind the lack of development from Morris and our RBs.

I thought the oline was fine. They wore Utah down a bit. The RBs are the problem. They can't see the holes.

Honestly, they need Drake Johnson to come back. He could actually see a hole and hit it.

Rudock cost them the game. Plain and simple.

Ruduck is a much more accurate passer than Gardner on the short throw but you either have to have a dominant run game or be able to go downfield to force the D to play honest. They didn't do either in this game.

I thought the oline was fine. They wore Utah down a bit. The RBs are the problem. They can't see the holes.

Honestly, they need Drake Johnson to come back. He could actually see a hole and hit it.

Rudock cost them the game. Plain and simple.

I was surprised they didn't go away from Smith more. I doubt Isaac or Green are the answer, but they couldn't have been much worse. However, I don't think there was much of any push from the o-line either.

Utah is probably one of the best d-lines they'll face all year though

I was surprised they didn't go away from Smith more....

Likewise

Well, good effort. Just really bad QB play

figure 12 points on the 3 turnovers and there it is.

I was surprised they didn't go away from Smith more. I doubt Isaac or Green are the answer, but they couldn't have been much worse. However, I don't think there was much of any push from the o-line either.

Utah is probably one of the best d-lines they'll face all year though

Green is awful. When Isaac was on the field he couldn't find the hole either. Smith was the best of the three because he can take a hit and keep moving.

Just hope Drake Johnson can come back healthy. How weird is it that Michigan has two 5 star RBs, one 4 star RB and the best one of the lot is the 2 star walk on from down the street?

Green is awful. When Isaac was on the field he couldn't find the hole either. Smith was the best of the three because he can take a hit and keep moving.

Just hope Drake Johnson can come back healthy. How weird is it that Michigan has two 5 star RBs, one 4 star RB and the best one of the lot is the 2 star walk on from down the street?

Smith seems like the perfect back physically and toughness wise, but yeah, there were at least 3 or 4 plays where the replays showed he could have had huge cutback plays and he just ran into the line and fell down instead.

They're definitely lacking real talent at RB and WR, although I honestly thought the WR looked much improved from last year. If Rudock didn't miss those long balls you had pretty nice games from Butt, Darboh, Chesson, and the freshman who I barely knew existed before today

All that really matters for Michigan now is B1G play. As long as they are ready for conference games, this can still be a very good season for them. I just don't know what they are going to do about the QB situation. If Rudock is the best they got, then he better improve a lot the next few games, or this season may look a lot like last years season.

So, went to the local restaurant/bar to watch the M game. The Worst Ever Tiger Fan was there--this is what we called him and he was a guy I chewed out for being a dick last year because all he'd do is ***** about the Tigers like a whiny little *****.

Turns out he's a Sparty fan. He did not shut up the entire game and had the most obnoxious voice. He was wearing an Appalachain St. vs. Michigan shirt, I **** you not. I thought these people only existed in fairy tales. The entire bar wanted to murder him.

It must be a sad lot in life leads a MSU fan to root against UM in public on a Thursday night. **** that guy.

This is what I imagine sportz is like.

S... although I honestly thought the WR looked much improved from last year. If Rudock didn't miss those long balls you ..

Exactly. You have little idea what your deep guys are if the QB can't get them the ball.

So, went to the local restaurant/bar to watch the M game. The Worst Ever Tiger Fan was there--this is what we called him and he was a guy I chewed out for being a dick last year because all he'd do is ***** about the Tigers like a whiny little *****.

Turns out he's a Sparty fan. He did not shut up the entire game and had the most obnoxious voice. He was wearing an Appalachain St. vs. Michigan shirt, I **** you not. I thought these people only existed in fairy tales. The entire bar wanted to murder him.

It must be a sad lot in life leads a MSU fan to root against UM in public on a Thursday night. **** that guy.

This is what I imagine sportz is like.

Sam's Club Spartan?

lol. we were just glad this moron wasn't a michigan fan.

God knows there's enough of both.