PuNk42AE

08/27/2015: Los Angeles Angels (Shoemaker) at Detroit Tigers (Wolf) - 1:08 PM

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is the...

LOS ANGELES ANGELS

versus the

DETROIT TIGERS

Matt Shoemaker 5-9, 4.76 ERA

Shoemaker will be called up from Triple-A Salt Lake to start Thursday’s series finale. The 28-year-old was optioned after giving up 13 runs over a two-start stretch, then gave up three unearned runs in six innings in the Minors.

Randy Wolf 0-1, 3.86 ERA

Wolf took the loss in his return to the big leagues thanks to five straight singles in a four-run third inning, but his seven innings suggest he can still provide a quality start and a chance for a team to win, even at age 39.

BROADCAST: FSD

1:00 PM

Today's Tiger birthdays: Buddy Bell (64), Em Lindbeck (81, 2 plate appearances in 1960, died 2008), Robert "Bun" Troy (127, 1 MLB appearance in 1912, died 1917 fighting in WWI), William "Baldy" Louden (132, played for Tigers 1912-13, died 1935).

3481_1_250x250.jpgAR-308289944.jpg259851d1341090804-gambo-t_wil1-photopack-bun_troy_-1913_tigers-_4.jpgheadshot_25183.jpg

It would be so Tigers to see them ride the wave of last night into a Matt Shoemaker shutout.

Perfect Game SHO?

It would be so Tigers to see them ride the wave of last night into a Matt Shoemaker shutout.

Shoemaker has pitched really well at times this year. He had a very good string of 6 starts in July. Then two bad starts, and the AAA demotion. But he only lasts about 90-100 pitches/start, so doubtful he's going to throw a shutout, not without the help of the bullpen.

tigers get one runner on base through 3, and needless to say, HE GETS PICKED OFF!

Is there no end to this madness?

Shoemaker has pitched really well at times this year. He had a very good string of 6 starts in July. Then two bad starts, and the AAA demotion. But he only lasts about 90-100 pitches/start, so doubtful he's going to throw a shutout, not without the help of the bullpen.

He's better than I assumed he'd be.

Hey, I am at work, and I suppose other people are, but 10 total posts for a game thread most halfway through the game is not a lot. But it's hard to get excited about this stuff right now. I'm at a pretty low ebb myself.

Hey, I am at work, and I suppose other people are, but 10 total posts for a game thread most halfway through the game is not a lot. But it's hard to get excited about this stuff right now. I'm at a pretty low ebb myself.

Midweek day game after a no-hitter, no playoff aspirations.

Have we been spoiled by the past few seasons?

Weaver yelling at Trout the other night. Now Pujols yelling at Trout today.

Hey, if they don't want him around, I'm sure the Tigers could figure out a roster spot for him to fill.

Alex's ineptness at catching balls during close plays at the plate actually helped because Pujols got picked off. But have you ever seen a catcher drop so many balls when there's a play at the plate? I haven't.

Can't say Wolf hasn't done his job, two starts in a row. Whether the Tigers send him back out for the 7th or not, 6 innings of 1 run ball is pretty stellar from Wolf.

Weaver yelling at Trout the other night. Now Pujols yelling at Trout today.

Hey, if they don't want him around, I'm sure the Tigers could figure out a roster spot for him to fill.

Weaver and Pujols are leaders. About time someone stood up to that hot dog.

Wolf gets burned by a couple of walks and a then Pujols single, but Wolf comes back with a nice back-up on the throw to the plate and they get Pujols on the bases.

And I meant what I said too...

I would be perfectly fine with Wolf as our 5th starter/ long reliever/ spot starter/ anywhere-we-need-him next year. And I would guess he'd be happy to do whatever he was asked to, so long as he's given the opportunity... so the perfect guy for the Tigers too...

Weaver and Pujols are leaders. About time someone stood up to that hot dog.

They showed the high home plate view just now. If Trout goes hard on Wolfs throw out to 2nd, he can probably score - so Albert was probably giving himself up on the assumption is was going to produce a run. So, PO'd that he made the out and the run didn't score.