Sign in to follow this  
MAROTH4MVP

Fantasy football anyone?

Half-season update:

Almost everyone is within 1.5 games of a wildcard playoff game, except Beerguts and JJ Watts, who are riding high at the top of their respective divisions (and in line to get a playoff bye week), and team Nastradamus, who is having a really tough year (especially with LeVeon Bell and Keenan Allen just knocked out for the year...) with no upside outlook to recovery.

I love that I loaded up with scoring options in the league as we get some wild-*** performances each week. I also like it that I put in the 6-team playoffs since, as mentioned earlier, everyone is within shouting distance of making it and still fighting for playoffs/ position (except Team Nas with his tough-luck season...).

Thought their might be some more trash-talking in this league, but it's been pretty quiet. Maybe we can yap a few posts in here, especially as we're getting close to the playoffs.

Sink or swim time right now!!!

I have lucked into the top spot thus far. But as i always say.. Just get in! Never know what can happen after that.

So a quick update on where we are in the season:

Beerguts and JJ Watts are locks for the playoffs, leading their respective divisions.

The West is all bunched up, with Ashley's team Deflating Balls and the Michigan Marauders currently tied for the #2 (playoffs for both teams) spot, but We are Not Marshall is only 1/2 game behind, with 3 left to play, and Stop! In the Name of Levy only 1 game back. Any of these 4 teams could claim the two playoff wild card spots!!!

After JJ Watts, Gettin' Ziggy with It is in the catbird's seat, 2 games ahead of the 4th place team Hail2Mich (seemingly a safe spot for the playoffs...!). Buda Blitz is only 1/2 game ahead of Hail2Mich so that 3rd playoff spot looks like it's up for grabs...

Nastradamus made a furious flurry of moves trying to recover from LeVeon Bell's and Keenan Allen's season ending injuries, but hasn't been able to recover from that, and is 2.5 games outta 3rd & the last playoff spot. The only team so far most likely knocked out of the playoffs (although not yet mathematically out...).

Damn... really sucky week (for me at least),

Buda Blitz and Hail2Mich are going to gain on me,

Beergutz and JJ Watts completely in control and earning a Bye Week in the playoffs,

Everyone else in the West struggling to position themselves for the playoffs... 4-team race for 2 spots.

Who would you start this week at QB?

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Brady.

Brady for consistency, even though he's currently ill I believe...

Brees is playing Detroit so, there's the possibility he could get as many points as Brady this week. Depends on which Detroit defense shows up. It's a coin toss on starting Brees over Brady specifically because of this...

But I go with the known quantity in Brady.

Championship is me (Gettin' Ziggy w/ It) versus We Are Not Marshall, who pulls the last minute upset over JJ Watts with big games by Brees, Ben Watson, and Golden Tate...

Good luck Marshall !!!

Championship is me (Gettin' Ziggy w/ It) versus We Are Not Marshall, who pulls the last minute upset over JJ Watts with big games by Brees, Ben Watson, and Golden Tate...

Good luck Marshall !!!

Yeah that was real fun! Brees Watson and Tate went off. I thought I had it won! Damn fantasy football.